Quantcast Any love for us with the new deal?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
    Why would disney want to give a vacation club peep a deal?

They've already HAVE you on the hook....
    it's in the fine print of your contract
    True! But as a DVC member, I feel we are some of their best advertisement, and their most loyal people, and while I understand it is a business and we chose to buy into it, a little extra appreciation goes a long way.
    "We share the same biology, regardless of ideology" - Sting, Russians.

lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pugslave View Post
    True! But as a DVC member, I feel we are some of their best advertisement, and their most loyal people, and while I understand it is a business and we chose to buy into it, a little extra appreciation goes a long way.

you have a valid point in some ways....

but i think that DVC members are the best advertisement FOR DVC....not walt disney world....

If you'll notice....perhaps on your next trip.....DVC owners have a certain "air" to them....they talk a certain way....many of them (and i am one....so let's be clear) tend to have the tips of their nose bend slightly northward....
    of course some more than others....but the simple fact is that DVC people push the timeshare....which is of course out of the price range and/or tastes of the majority of WDW visitors....

It's safe to say that disney doesn't get alot of 6 day packages at POP from the enthusiastic chiding of DVC members to the Hendersons down the street.....

DVC has already locked in their "special treatment" from Disney:
    Disney has agreed to basically give you upscale rooms at a diminishing cost every year for a half century.....

that is no small thing....considering they HATE to put any caps on their revenue streams...

In return you agree to blow cash on tickets, dining, and the Keys to the Kingdom Tour for at least another generation....

it's a symbiotic relationship

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pugslave View Post
    Hmm, except this isn't about customer appreciation. This is about weakening hotel bookings due to the economic downturn and trying to limit the loss of business. They are trying to get people to come who wouldn't otherwise. DVC members revenue is already guaranteed.

Why would they give up a portion of the revenue when the economic situation says they have to try to keep as much as they can. And unless people think otherwise, Disney is not recession proof and without prudent management are as at much risk to their future as any other company. No company is so big that it can't go under (see Lehman Brothers, Bear Sterns and possibl GM).
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: