Quantcast Disney President and CEO Bob Iger Announces the Launch of D23!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

While I understand that for some folks D23 is a waste of money, let's be careful not to down those people who decided it was not. Sure everyone is entitled to an opinion but I'm starting to read some negative posts that almost make it seem that those of us who decided to give it a shot for the first year and see what happens are naive or misinformed in some way. I know these comments aren't ill intended but me personally, I'm excited about this.
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)

Once You Go, You Know
    Visit the World you used to know...

lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    While I understand that for some folks D23 is a waste of money, let's be careful not to down those people who decided it was not. Sure everyone is entitled to an opinion but I'm starting to read some negative posts that almost make it seem that those of us who decided to give it a shot for the first year and see what happens are naive or misinformed in some way. I know these comments aren't ill intended but me personally, I'm excited about this.
    you bring up a good point....

I don't think anybody should be ridiculed for purchasing a consumer product......in this case this DTV23-34-36....

I personally criticize because this is a thinly vieled attempt at a moneygrab on Disney's part.....a yearly fee for something that in many cases won't provide any return to the consumer (like 50% of the Health Club memberships in the US)....it's a pretty pathetic attempt at subscription service on Disney's part....in my opinion

But if people choose to try it....there is nothing wrong with that

Post Thanks / Like

I suppose if I had money to spare I would buy a membership as would a lot of people maybe. Maybe if this came out before the problems with the economy it may be a different story.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

I think it would be smarter of them to market it as a monthly fee, which would work out to $6.25 a month, give or take a fraction of a penny.

Hey, for $6.25 a month, I might try it. It's just that $75.00 seems extravigant.

Maybe I will.....
    Last edited by BriarRose; 03-11-2009 at 03:00 PM. Reason: typo
    Grim Grinning Ghosts come out to socialize.
    Nov/Dec 2001 POR-early 10th anniversary
    Oct/Nov 2002 Poly/AKL-late 10th anniversary
    Dec 2003 POR
    Nov 2007 CBR
    Oct/Nov 2008 CBR/AKL
    Nov/Dec 2019? I HOPE!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

What a joke! Bob Iger, you should be ashamed! When there are people who are trying to figure out how to eat these days and you put a fee like this on something, I just throw up my hands.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose View Post
    I think it would be smarter of them to market it as a monthly fee, which would work out to $6.25 a month, give or take a fraction of a penny.

Hey, for $6.25 a month, I might try it.

Maybe I will.....
    I broke down and decided to sign up. I figured I probably waste more a month then the $6.25 per month it works out to be. All I had to do was lower my Nexflix level from $16.99 to $8.99.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

I looked at the mag this morning at B&N's and it reminds me of the annual report booklet Shareholders get in the mail(what's happening in the parks,celebrity photos of Disney characters,new Pixar movie(s) etc.)I can opt back into posatal mailings of the annual reports(that's FREE)and not have to pay the $15.95 or club membership fee.
    Rob
    1. '66 Preview Center(baby),'71,'76,'86,'94-Offsite
    2. '95 AS Mus,'96 AS Sport,'97 AS Mov
    3. '99 CSR,'2000 CBR
    4. '01 AS Mov,'02 AS Mov
    5. '03-'04 Pop,CHRISTmas,New Years,Collective Soul
    6. '04 Pop,Halloween
    7. '05,'06,'07,'10 Pop,CHRISTmas
    8. '11 Pop,New Years,15th Wedding Anniversary

Post Thanks / Like

I was curious after seeing Iger on The View this morning talking about 23 so I went to my local B&N and picked up the "magazine". I was so impressed with it that I'm going to join. To me, this looks like it was not created for the Disney "fan", but for the Disney "enthusiast". Someone that doesn't mind paying premium prices to get quality product. This thing is no magazine, it's like a quarterly book with an embossed cover and beautiful pictures and very lengthy articles. I thought it was great and am curious to see what the "gift" is for joining. I also like the exclusive pin that I saw as well and want to get it!
    Last edited by CaptSmee; 03-11-2009 at 05:55 PM. Reason: more thoughts...
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
    you bring up a good point....

I don't think anybody should be ridiculed for purchasing a consumer product......in this case this DTV23-34-36....

I personally criticize because this is a thinly vieled attempt at a moneygrab on Disney's part.....a yearly fee for something that in many cases won't provide any return to the consumer (like 50% of the Health Club memberships in the US)....it's a pretty pathetic attempt at subscription service on Disney's part....in my opinion

But if people choose to try it....there is nothing wrong with that
    Thank you very much for seeing my point. I by no means wanted to start a "flame war" with my comments but amidst the desire to vent from those who aren't impressed, it's making those of us who decided to jump in and see what it's all about look like we're, again, naive and misinformed. All I ask is that everyone be careful not to make the new D23 members feel that way.
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)

Once You Go, You Know
    Visit the World you used to know...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: