Quantcast Poor Housekeeping at ASM Toy Story

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Poor Housekeeping at ASM Toy Story

We just got back today from a week at ASM Toy Story. The housekeeping was not up to the Disney standard compared to past visits. When we arrived the floors had not been vacuumed completely. There was what looked like saw dust in one corner?? The toilet seat was broke and it took two days and two phone calls to get it fixed. When we got back to the room that night from the parks we found a box on one of the beds, it was a box with the old toilet seat in it The next morning I made a phone call again to the Housekeeping mgr and she came with two fast passes and took the box. The beds looked like I made the beds . Not only all that but the resort needs a refurb bad. Rust dings on the doors, worn out carpet and furniture. We will not stay there again until a refurb. I have about had it the value resorts.
    Zip A Dee Doo Dah…Zip A Dee Day
    More Disney Fun Is On The Way
    Stay Tuned For Lots Of Fun Things
    To Zip A Dee Doo During Your Stay
    Up Next ~ Water Parks! Retro Resort TV

If you can't be there...be here!

Now Wishing I Was Standing In Line

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I had problems much like yours when we stayed there in nov/dec. But since ds5 loved it there so much I am willing to give it 1 more try in Oct. and hope for the best. I have stayed at Pop and thought it was very clean.

Post Thanks / Like

stayed at the all -star sports, music and pop...never had any problems with any of them, but we love the pop and will stay there t his december
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WED1901 View Post
    When we got back to the room that night from the parks we found a box on one of the beds, it was a box with the old toilet seat in it.

Souvenir?

1) Whenever there are significant problems, call forthe General Manager.
    2) The Guest Service Managers don't have cross-department power.
    3) The GM does.
    4) Plus, he/she gets bad marks if complaints go above his level.
    5) Sometimes, even asking for the GM gets things done.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
    1) Whenever there are significant problems, call forthe General Manager.
    2) The Guest Service Managers don't have cross-department power.
    3) The GM does.
    4) Plus, he/she gets bad marks if complaints go above his level.
    5) Sometimes, even asking for the GM gets things done.
    Too bad it's come to the point where you have to stoop to this level of effort just to get Wal-Mart levels of service.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We had similar experiences with Mousekeeping during our trip last September. They dropped a bottle of shampoo in the bathroom and did'nt pick it up, letting it just spill everywhere. Our uncle had a pillowcase with a shoe print on it. There was a dead bug laying in the corner for three days until I removed it and we did'nt get clean bed linen until we stripped the beds ourselves and let left them on the floor. Not to mention all the neat arrangements they use to do with the stuffed animals and the toys. We usually will leave a tip for the Mousekeepers because they used to do a good job, but our last trip we did'nt. Maybe they had to lay off Mousekeepers and make the ones they kept do more work, but they still did'nt even do the basics.

~Cheryl~

2x's as a child, 2003 - Music, 2005 - Pop, 2007 - Music (Sept.), 2007- Movies (SSW), 2008-Movies, 2008 - Movies (Nov), 2009 - Movies (June)

2010- March - not booked but going for youngests 7th birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am very sad to inform you that this problem is not just limited to the values. We've had terrible housekeeping on our last two visits. Those visites were at a Moderate (CSR) and a Deluxe (WL). I think housekeeping as a whole is not at all what it used to be and good housekeeping service seems to be few and far between, at least in our experience. Were headed to CBR in just a week and I've got my fingers crossed that we don't have any of the problems we've had on our last few visits. That's really ashamed that before you even arrive your hoping to get good housekeeping service.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Well I hate to be the guest that complains but my goodness...please Disney...don't put me into that position. I wonder if they have lost site. If so how and why...and who let this happen? I will not settle for Econo Lodge while staying in a Disney Resort Hotel.
    Zip A Dee Doo Dah…Zip A Dee Day
    More Disney Fun Is On The Way
    Stay Tuned For Lots Of Fun Things
    To Zip A Dee Doo During Your Stay
    Up Next ~ Water Parks! Retro Resort TV

If you can't be there...be here!

Now Wishing I Was Standing In Line

Post Thanks / Like

Default renecat

My sister and I stayed at the G.F. last Dec. I
    had my two young granddaughters the night before we flew out so I didn't take the time to go through my wallet and take all my credit cards out. When I realized this at the resort
    I put wallet with cards in safe. When I got back home and went to grocery store went to use my discover and couldn't. Used the one card I carried with me while away to pay for grocery.
    Went home an called discover. They told me that there had be unusual activity on my card so they shut it down. When I ask Where it had been used I was told a Wal-Mart in Kissimme and a gas station. Before it was all said and done 3 of my cards had been used. AlI we could think was someone that knew how to override the safe and knew how long we would be there had taken my 3 cards used them all on the same day and then returned back to the safe.
    I called the G.F. and got the run around. Finally I called back and had to get rude to talk to someone in security. Never did hear if they ever figured out which one of their employees had done this. Won't be using the safe in Sept.
    When I'm at the Poly. You would have thought someone from Disney would have contacted me and at least apologized for this. My other 2 card had been used at the same Wal-Mart.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by renecat View Post
    My sister and I stayed at the G.F. last Dec. I
    had my two young granddaughters the night before we flew out so I didn't take the time to go through my wallet and take all my credit cards out. When I realized this at the resort
    I put wallet with cards in safe. When I got back home and went to grocery store went to use my discover and couldn't. Used the one card I carried with me while away to pay for grocery.
    Went home an called discover. They told me that there had be unusual activity on my card so they shut it down. When I ask Where it had been used I was told a Wal-Mart in Kissimme and a gas station. Before it was all said and done 3 of my cards had been used. AlI we could think was someone that knew how to override the safe and knew how long we would be there had taken my 3 cards used them all on the same day and then returned back to the safe.
    I called the G.F. and got the run around. Finally I called back and had to get rude to talk to someone in security. Never did hear if they ever figured out which one of their employees had done this. Won't be using the safe in Sept.
    When I'm at the Poly. You would have thought someone from Disney would have contacted me and at least apologized for this. My other 2 card had been used at the same Wal-Mart.
    Wow I can't believe they didn't follow up with you. This is a major security breach and they should have let you know how they handled it. Was the safe the kind you have a key to open or does it have like a keypad with a code? I'm just curious to know how they were able to get into the safe. What a mess for you. thank goodness your credit card company was on the ball and froze the account. I bet if they knew what time the purchases were made they could look at video footage and see who used the card. I would think the cc company would want to look into this.
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

Post Thanks / Like

Cool renecat

The answer to your question Tinkerfreak is it was a number pad that you put your code into.
    I understand that they have to have an override code in case someone locks it with their code and checks out. I just didn't understand the lack of intrest in how this happened. Other then having to cancel three of my credit cards and fill out fraud papers, my credit card companies where more helpful then Disney was. I would have been better off putting my wallet in the bottom of the suit case I used for dirty clothes. Won't use their safe in Sept.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Had that happened to me (the credit card issue) I would never let it drop until I got satisfaction.

I would have called the local police and gotten them involved and forced Disney to do something about it.

If you can't trust your personal items in a locked safe in a hotel room during your stay, then something is seriously wrong in Disney World.

That's just outrageous. I would have stood at the front desk screaming and yelling about being ripped off by their housekeepers. That might have gotten their attention.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool renecat

I may have done that if I had still been in florida when I found out about my cards being taken. I was back in Missouri and when I called the G.F. front desk the first thing they ask, was I still on property. When I told them no they transferred me to this place where I had to leave a message. When I never heard back from them I did call again and got rude with the front desked just to get to talk to someone in security. Security told me they would investegate. I just would have felt better if someone had called me back and let me know even if they couldn"t find out who had done this. My biggest concern that they look into this so it didn't happen to another one of their guest.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: