Quantcast Imagination Version 4...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Imagination Version 4...

So... now that we are seeing projects that were put on hold during the economic downturn (Fantasyland refurb,) has anyone heard anything about the long rumored return of the Dreamfinder and Figment in a new Journey Into Imagination? Recent rumor pointed to the old Imageworks possibly re-opening this year with the Rainbow Tunnel showing up in the new planning video and cast reports of the upstairs area (where the tunnel, pin screens, Figment's coloring book, Dreamfinder's school of drama sit dorment) being cleaned up. Anyone hear anything?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

Fantasyland refurb put on hold? Where did you hear that? The refurb is due to be announced at the D23 convention. However, I am understanding the budget has gone from $750 million, down to $500 million, and now sits ar $250 million, so slashes are happening already, if true.

Also, at D23, Star Tours 2.0 (not sure of the official name) will be announced for DL, DHS, and TDL.

As for Epcot, don't expect to hear anything about an Imagination refurb. Unless Disney has something up their sleeve (highly unlikely), nothing significant is coming to Epcot or DAK.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

By on hold I had meant that the Fantasyland project rumor had surfaced a few months back and was then rumored to be on hold because of the economy. Now that the economy is going back up and the Fantasyland project seems to be again moving forward, I was wondering if other projects that might have been on hold due to the economy, such as Imagination 4, might have been re-visited. Star Tours 2! Gnarly! Here's hoping to see The Dreamfinder again soon. Thanks GothMickey.

Post Thanks / Like

The Fantasyland project has been rumored to be in the works for at least a year or two. Star Tours 2, has been rumored to be in development for almost 10 years! Dreamfinder and the Imagination pavilion have been speculated on ever since the first redo, but nothing has ever been officially announced about it.

Nothing's official at Disney until they actually start construction. Even projects that are publicly announced sometimes never see the light of day. Don't believe me? Look back at the history of some of the resorts that were supposed to be built, or look at some of the other lands/pavillions that were supposed to be built at Epcot. There are many such examples, take a look at wikipedia and search for an article titled "List of never built Disney attractions", many of which were publicly announced.

Hopefully, some of these rumored announcements will turn out to be true and we'll actually get to experience them within the next 5 years. But, don't get your hopes up too high, with Disney, you just never know.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

I hope they do refurb Fantasyland, and I would love to see the Cranium/Body Works thing at Epcot. Every time I've been there it's been missing, now I understand it's just.... GONE.....
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

According to sources the big problem with the return of Dreamfinder is that Kodak owns the Character as well as sponsors the Pavillion which is why it changed in the first place. Kodak wanted a change and they got the 2nd version which was so terrible it lead to a retro fit into the 3rd version.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    According to sources the big problem with the return of Dreamfinder is that Kodak owns the Character as well as sponsors the Pavillion which is why it changed in the first place. Kodak wanted a change and they got the 2nd version which was so terrible it lead to a retro fit into the 3rd version.
    Indeed, and before they will consider a 4th version they have to see some kind of potential for return on their investment. And, in case you haven't paid attention, Kodak's not exactly doing well as a company right now. So, investing in attractions at Disney is probably not on the top of their priority list.
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I just can't see it happening. Barring the involvement of a new sponsor anyway ... Kodak is not going to shell out cash to redo an attraction that was just redone a couple years ago when they're current in the process of going bankrupt.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I just can't see it happening. Barring the involvement of a new sponsor anyway ... Kodak is not going to shell out cash to redo an attraction that was just redone a couple years ago when they're current in the process of going bankrupt.
    Unless maybe they get some government bailout money!

Seriously though, the whole pavilion could stand a refreshment. It's getting quite stale. Of course, Universe of Energy is the same way. New sponsors for these two are most definitely needed. Any takers? Somebody who's not hurting in the current economy, and has a couple hundred million to spare. Imagineering needs to go pitch some of their new ideas at some big corporates and woo them into a lucrative multi-year deal. I guess the days are gone where big companies would line up at the door to have their name on a Disney attraction. Sad!
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GothMickey View Post
    Fantasyland refurb put on hold? Where did you hear that? The refurb is due to be announced at the D23 convention. However, I am understanding the budget has gone from $750 million, down to $500 million, and now sits ar $250 million, so slashes are happening already, if true.

Also, at D23, Star Tours 2.0 (not sure of the official name) will be announced for DL, DHS, and TDL.

As for Epcot, don't expect to hear anything about an Imagination refurb. Unless Disney has something up their sleeve (highly unlikely), nothing significant is coming to Epcot or DAK.
    i'm highly skeptical about any such announcements and projects....

First, you can have star tours 2.0....that ride is so ridiculously out of date and the franchise attached to it has so cheapened itself that it really holds little potential at this point....but whatever

Second, a slash of 2/3 of a potential budget on a project puts us in "why bother territory"

by "why bother"...i mean most if not all of the decisions made in the parks in the last 10 years...the list is long, but distinguished

Third, and here's the actual point - Disney has shown an outright refusal to do their major capital improvements in "bad" economic times (being relative...because WDW is a cash cow any way you slice it - personally i'm a fan of ribeye of late )

There are many reasons to do your building RIGHT NOW....but the beaners and stock watch just can't see the logic in this.

I expect nothing....as they have already put a ton of their funds into bailing out two inferior and ill conceived parks already

Post Thanks / Like

Soarin' Over the World is expected to be announced at D23 for EPCOT.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Supercali View Post
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Supercali View Post
    WOO-HOO!!!

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see Dreamfinder return, but seeing as how Kodak is now into the as seen on tv thing with printers, I don't see the money being shelled out for any changes.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
    First, you can have star tours 2.0....that ride is so ridiculously out of date and the franchise attached to it has so cheapened itself that it really holds little potential at this point....but whatever
    Using empirical evidence...the fact that Stars Weekends are INSANE, would tend to suggest otherwise....

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm highly skeptical about any such announcements and projects....

Second, a slash of 2/3 of a potential budget on a project puts us in "why bother territory"

by "why bother"...i mean most if not all of the decisions made in the parks in the last 10 years...the list is long, but distinguished

Third, and here's the actual point - Disney has shown an outright refusal to do their major capital improvements in "bad" economic times (being relative...because WDW is a cash cow any way you slice it - personally i'm a fan of ribeye of late )

There are many reasons to do your building RIGHT NOW....but the beaners and stock watch just can't see the logic in this.

I expect nothing....as they have already put a ton of their funds into bailing out two inferior and ill conceived parks already
    Ride out of date? Sure is, HENCE the refurb to a NEW and IMPROVED ride. There will be more than just a movie added. DHS will not be getting the cheap version either. Another smackdown from corporate onto TDO.

The 2/3 lashing of the fantasyland budget is only rumor. That number has been passed around online, take it with a grain of salt.

The "why bother" attitude is what caused WDW to become stale. Is this the attitude we really want them to have? We complain when they do nothing. Now that there appears to be a number of projects getting greenlit, what happens? People complain.

My advise: Stay away if Disney bothers you so much.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you mean 'bean counters'. Let's not forget that Biggby Coffee changed its name from Beaners after over 20 years of not realizing the name was actually a derogatory term for people of Hispanic descent.
    Visits: Too many to count!

College Programs: 3

What's next? We'll see...

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFanaticDargon View Post
    I think you mean 'bean counters'. Let's not forget that Biggby Coffee changed its name from Beaners after over 20 years of not realizing the name was actually a derogatory term for people of Hispanic descent.
    I think in the context of his sentence it's pretty clear what he meant.

Let's not be overly PC here.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It's interesting that I found these things being talked about here because last night when getting on the Imagination ride, the CM mentioned that Imagination was going to get a revamp and that the Star Wars 2 was going to be announced in Sept. At least other people have been hearing the same things.

Amanda

Next Visit:
    August 16-23, 2014: CBR

Virginia Tech
    HOKIES

Post Thanks / Like

I've actually been hearing a lot lately that Disneyland IS actually getting a newer version of Star Tours fairly soon. Not sure if there's any truth to it but...yeah.
    Visits: Too many to count!

College Programs: 3

What's next? We'll see...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: