Quantcast Thanksgiving Dinner

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanksgiving Dinner

Hopefully this is the correct area to post this question...if not .... let me know.

We will be at WDW during Thanksgiving. How hard is it going to be to get a dinner reservation on Thanksgiving Day? I am hoping for Crystal Palace or Liberty Tree Tavern. Or should we plan to go outside the parks?
    4/83 - off site
    4/84 - off site
    9/88 - Disney Inn - Honeymoon!
    4/98 - CBR
    5/00 - POR
    5/03 - POR
    5/05 - POR
    5/06 - SSR
    11/06 - SSR
    5/07 - SSR
    7/07 - OKW
    5/08 - SSR
    12/08 - SSR
    9/09 - SSR
    11/09 - SSR
    7/10 - POP
    7/11 - SSR
    2/12 - BW
    5/13 - BW
    9/13 - BW
    5/14 - OKW

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want either of those for this Thanksgiving I suggest you get on the phone or online to try booking it as soon as possible. We are going to be in WDW for Thanksgiving and I booked all our ADRs this weekend. Actually I had to call for the Thanksgiving dinner ADR. For some reason it wouldn't allow me to book Thanksgiving dinner online, and another Intercotee told me they had the same problem. I would guess that Liberty Tree Tavern will be completely booked very, very soon.....If it isn't already booked solid for Thanksgiving day. Get to those ADRs ASAP, and good luck.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Got it....since we don't check in until 11/24 I cannot make my reservations until Wednesday. Thanks for the info....
    4/83 - off site
    4/84 - off site
    4/98 - CBR
    5/00 - POR
    5/03 - POR
    5/05 - POR
    5/06 - SSR
    11/06 - SSR
    5/07 - SSR
    7/07 - OKW
    5/08 - SSR
    12/08 - SSR
    9/09 - SSR
    11/09 - SSR
    7/10 - POP
    7/11 - SSR
    2/12 - BW
    5/13 - BW
    9/13 - BW
    5/14 - OKW

Post Thanks / Like

We will also be there for Thanksgiving (meet and greet?) and made our ressie for HDDR for a late dinner. Good luck with your ADR's.
    Grammie

July 1988 Disneyland
    Aug 1997 Dixie Landings
    July 2003 off site
    Dec 2004 Day trip to Epcot
    Nov 21-Dec 1, 2007 CBR
    Nov 18-28, 2009 POP
    Nov 18-26, 2016 POP

Post Thanks / Like

Thanksgiving is always full, so make your ADR as soon as the phones open the day you can. We got all of our ADR's for Thanksgiving week at the times we wanted (a first!), including Cape May Cafe on Thanksgiving night. We called right when the phones opened.
    "Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. But always dress for the hunt!" Kungaloosh!

"Happy are those whom the Muses love."

Post Thanks / Like

Last year we booked the trip late (June) and it was 180 days out so there was NOTHING avail for Thanksgiving. Due to the fact that I had tickets for La Nouba the only place we could eat was Fulton's it was ok but this year I will be on the phone bright and early Thursday to make our ressies for Thanksgiving @ 1900
    Good Luck to everyone!
    If you can dream it, you can do it ...Horizons
    **Been there, done that at Disney!!!**
    Next Trip:
    Post Mother's Day trip May 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Thanksgiving 2008.... our first eight choices were fully booked,so we had to settle on Hollywood and Vine. I tried to make our ADR's in July. Good Luck.
    All-Star Sports

Let's Go.........Mountaineers !!!

Post Thanks / Like

We enjoyed Thanksgiving at the Fort a few years ago. It was two credits on the DDP, but worth it. It is basically Mickey's Backyard BBQ, but with a traditional menu (turkey, ham, stuffing, etc.). Good character interaction, live music, and the kids got to make their own dessert.

One piece of advice: get there early. Seating is first-come first serve at picnic tables (it is outdoors in a covered pavillion).

Have a great trip!
    Daytrip 2001
    HI FamilySuites (now Nick Hotel) 2003
    POR - 2005
    WL 2006, 2007

Cabins 2008
    Jan. '10 DS turns 5 - quick trip with Mommy at ASMo
    June '10 Grand Gathering at the Cabins
    Fall '11 POP last minute surprise
    Summer 2012 Beach Club and Cars Art of Animation

Post Thanks / Like

We're spending our Thanksgiving dinner at Ohana's this year, and Thanksgiving breakfast at Chef Mickeys. We've done the Luau on Thankgiving day in the past and enjoyed that. The online system doesn't seem to be allowing Thanksgiving day ADR's to be made online. We had to call for ours.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info everyone!!! When I called WDW-Dine she said I can call on on the 26th. So...now my question is....am I correct to say that the on-line reservation is open at 6:00 am and the phones at 7:00 am?? If not, PLEASE let me know the best time to call. We don't usually do many ADR's (as I am sure you can tell - ) so I just don't want to drop the ball on this one!!
    4/83 - off site
    4/84 - off site
    4/98 - CBR
    5/00 - POR
    5/03 - POR
    5/05 - POR
    5/06 - SSR
    11/06 - SSR
    5/07 - SSR
    7/07 - OKW
    5/08 - SSR
    12/08 - SSR
    9/09 - SSR
    11/09 - SSR
    7/10 - POP
    7/11 - SSR
    2/12 - BW
    5/13 - BW
    9/13 - BW
    5/14 - OKW

Post Thanks / Like

I booked our ADRs last week. I went online first at 6 am - just kept refreshing the page until it showed the first day of my trip on the calendar. Then I called in at 7 am (I explain why below).

In another post I described all the problems I had, so I'll share with you just in case you make the same mistakes I did...

Be sure you have your WDW resort confirmation number in front of you whether you're online or call in. I had booked my vacation through Southwest Airlines and so WDW had no record of my stay. If you booked through WDW you should have that number. You need it when you register online for ADRs and the CM will also ask for it when you call.

If you're not sure, call WDW ahead of time to be sure you're in their system and you have the right number.

Because I didn't have any such number (only the confirmation number from Southwest), I was only able to book the first day's worth of ADRs online. Then when I called at 7 am there was all kinds of confusion (which consumed precious time!) and I had to make a few calls to straighten everything out.

The other mistake I made was that I forgot one of my ADRs. I had written everything down but my handwriting isn't the best, so I skipped over one breakfast I wanted. So, again, I had to call back...

Just try to have your ducks in a row before you go online or call! I have other tips too but my goodness, this is one long post...
    **mousetrapper**

CBR Oct. 1999
    Poly Nov. 2001
    CBR Oct. 2003
    BC Oct. 2004
    CBR Sept. 2005
    Poly Thanksgiving Week 2007
    CBR Nov. 2009
    Port Orleans Nov. 2011
    CBR May/June 2013
    AoA Sept. 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for the great advice mousetrapper...wish me luck...going to bed now...got to get up at 6:00 am to start the ADR process!!!
    4/83 - off site
    4/84 - off site
    4/98 - CBR
    5/00 - POR
    5/03 - POR
    5/05 - POR
    5/06 - SSR
    11/06 - SSR
    5/07 - SSR
    7/07 - OKW
    5/08 - SSR
    12/08 - SSR
    9/09 - SSR
    11/09 - SSR
    7/10 - POP
    7/11 - SSR
    2/12 - BW
    5/13 - BW
    9/13 - BW
    5/14 - OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck!

Let us know how everything turns out.
    **mousetrapper**

CBR Oct. 1999
    Poly Nov. 2001
    CBR Oct. 2003
    BC Oct. 2004
    CBR Sept. 2005
    CBR Nov. 2009
    Port Orleans Nov. 2011
    CBR May/June 2013
    AoA Sept. 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Woo Hoo.....so far so good...I am having trouble getting Thanksgiving res but I do have one at LeCellier on Sunday the 29th for my daughter's 16th birthday!! I will keep trying!! The one on Sunday was the most important. Stay tuned for more....
    4/83 - off site
    4/84 - off site
    4/98 - CBR
    5/00 - POR
    5/03 - POR
    5/05 - POR
    5/06 - SSR
    11/06 - SSR
    5/07 - SSR
    7/07 - OKW
    5/08 - SSR
    12/08 - SSR
    9/09 - SSR
    11/09 - SSR
    7/10 - POP
    7/11 - SSR
    2/12 - BW
    5/13 - BW
    9/13 - BW
    5/14 - OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Default Turkey for breakfast anyone??

Got an 11:30 am reservation at Liberty Tree for Thanksgiving dinner....a little early but there was nothing available for lunch or dinner at Crystal Palace and the only reservation at Liberty Tree was 11:30. So....all in all my ADR's are a success!!!! 90 days and we will be there to celebrate Riley's 16th birthday!!!
    4/83 - off site
    4/84 - off site
    4/98 - CBR
    5/00 - POR
    5/03 - POR
    5/05 - POR
    5/06 - SSR
    11/06 - SSR
    5/07 - SSR
    7/07 - OKW
    5/08 - SSR
    12/08 - SSR
    9/09 - SSR
    11/09 - SSR
    7/10 - POP
    7/11 - SSR
    2/12 - BW
    5/13 - BW
    9/13 - BW
    5/14 - OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mousetrapper View Post
    I booked our ADRs last week. I went online first at 6 am - just kept refreshing the page until it showed the first day of my trip on the calendar. Then I called in at 7 am
    Just try to have your ducks in a row before you go online or call! I have other tips too but my goodness, this is one long post...
    Thank you for this long post! 8/27 is my 90 day mark and I am already a nervous Nelly about not being about to get the ADR's wanted for the Turkey day vacation especially seeing what others are posting about their ADR experiences! I am about to download the dining resrvation planner from intercot and I am going to make sure I have my reservation number ready to go
    Again thanks again for the info and wish me luck and some pixie dust too!
    If you can dream it, you can do it ...Horizons
    **Been there, done that at Disney!!!**
    Next Trip:
    Post Mother's Day trip May 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent! So glad you were able to get those ADRs. An early Thanksgiving "dinner" just means you'll have more time to enjoy the parks (and work off those calories)!

We had dinner at LTT on Thanksgiving 2007 and really enjoyed it. Very traditional T-giving fare + great atmosphere and character interaction.

We also loved LeCellier on our last trip. I hope your daughter has a wonderful birthday celebration. You probably already thought of this, but you may want to let WDW dining know about the special day. They'll do cakes for special celebrations.
    **mousetrapper**

CBR Oct. 1999
    Poly Nov. 2001
    CBR Oct. 2003
    BC Oct. 2004
    CBR Sept. 2005
    CBR Nov. 2009
    Port Orleans Nov. 2011
    CBR May/June 2013
    AoA Sept. 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jnfr2424 View Post
    Thank you for this long post! 8/27 is my 90 day mark and I am already a nervous Nelly about not being about to get the ADR's wanted for the Turkey day vacation especially seeing what others are posting about their ADR experiences! I am about to download the dining resrvation planner from intercot and I am going to make sure I have my reservation number ready to go
    Again thanks again for the info and wish me luck and some pixie dust too!
    I'm so glad to help! I know every experience is different but I like to share my experience with others just in case the same things happen to them.

Another tip I've learned (most likely from other posters here) is to make the "tough" ones first - i.e. for your Thanksgiving ADR, ask immediately to book "X restaurant for dinner on Nov. 26 at about X time" - or instead of giving a specific time, just say "first available" or "any available time" if you really just want to get in and aren't concerned about the exact time. (I also used this strategy when I used to book CRT for breakfast! Ah, those were the days...I remember if I didn't take a time immediately it would be gone as I was mulling it over!)

Once that one is in place, you can go back and fill in the other ADRs you want. (This may not apply to you since it sounds like Thanksgiving Day is actually the first day of your vacation.)

I would think this also works for online ADRs, although I wasn't able to book anything but the first day of our vacation online, so I don't know for sure.

Anyway, good luck! One order of pixie dust, coming up..........

**mousetrapper**

CBR Oct. 1999
    Poly Nov. 2001
    CBR Oct. 2003
    BC Oct. 2004
    CBR Sept. 2005
    CBR Nov. 2009
    Port Orleans Nov. 2011
    CBR May/June 2013
    AoA Sept. 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I know....I actually prefer the early dinner anyways....and yes, trust me by the time I am done everyone will know its Riley's b-day!!!

We surprised her with a trip to Disney for her 13th!!! We literally told he when she got home from school and her bags were packed and told her we were leaving for the airport in one hour!!!
    4/83 - off site
    4/84 - off site
    4/98 - CBR
    5/00 - POR
    5/03 - POR
    5/05 - POR
    5/06 - SSR
    11/06 - SSR
    5/07 - SSR
    7/07 - OKW
    5/08 - SSR
    12/08 - SSR
    9/09 - SSR
    11/09 - SSR
    7/10 - POP
    7/11 - SSR
    2/12 - BW
    5/13 - BW
    9/13 - BW
    5/14 - OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Erin C. View Post
    I know....I actually prefer the early dinner anyways....and yes, trust me by the time I am done everyone will know its Riley's b-day!!!

We surprised her with a trip to Disney for her 13th!!! We literally told he when she got home from school and her bags were packed and told her we were leaving for the airport in one hour!!!
    Talk about magical! How wonderful. Enjoy!
    **mousetrapper**

CBR Oct. 1999
    Poly Nov. 2001
    CBR Oct. 2003
    BC Oct. 2004
    CBR Sept. 2005
    CBR Nov. 2009
    Port Orleans Nov. 2011
    CBR May/June 2013
    AoA Sept. 2013

Share This Thread On Social Media: