Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
As far as it being "He said-she said" about how people feel about Big Ben, in my neck of the woods I know plenty of men who find his actions disgusting. Whether he actually committed a crime against those women or not, he clearly had a pattern of unacceptable behavior for a man in such a position or else he wouldn't have been suspended. He was the one going around plying women with drinks and then letting his bodyguards handle the damge. The woman bringing the most recent allegations dropped the case, and she and her attorney are the only ones who truly know why. I think it's really a shame to pass these woman off as "gold diggers" when none of except those involved truly know what happened.
Since this was obviously directed at me, I'll answer.

I never said they these particular women were gold diggers. Please don't put words in my mouth. I said that athletes are the prime targets for gold diggers.

Duke Lacrosse team anyone? See how everyone pretty much had them hung, drawn and quartered for what they did to that "poor woman" before the truth came out?

Mike Tyson anyone? Do you really think he "forced himself" on that woman? Cause you know, she was so innocent that she thought they were going back to his hotel room at 2:00 am to play cards, right? And hey, even though the medical examiner said she showed not one sign of being forced to do anything, not one hint that there was any crime, he was thrown in jail and his career ruined.

All I said was that I give them the benefit of the doubt until they are PROVEN guilty.

Thousands of men in this country go to bars every weekend and ply women with drinks to try to get somewhere with them. Last time I checked, that's not a crime. Women also have the option of not accepting those drinks, am I wrong?

The fact that the media is so into celebrities' lives is what makes this into the story it is. And before anyone blasts me or calls me anything, think about this.

By today's standards, and with today's media, Babe Ruth would have been in jail and suspended.