Quantcast Grumpy Mickey at Chef Mickey's - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow that really stinks! We are going the end of May for my DD's first time I certainly hope Mickey is in a better mood then!
    1978 offsite
    1987 offsite
    1994 GF (honeymoon)
    1997 CBR
    2002 Poly first trip with boys
    Dec 2005 Poly concierge
    June 2007 Poly Concierge just me and my DS (thanks hubby!)
    May 2012 first trip with our princess!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kangan2roos2 View Post
    Wow that really stinks! We are going the end of May for my DD's first time I certainly hope Mickey is in a better mood then!
    Keep in mind that it is really unlikely to be the same actor.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry about it. Everyone knows Donald Duck is the REAL star.
    2014: BC; 2013: CS; 2012: POR, Dolphin; 2011: Hilton, Dolphin; 2010: POFQ, CSR; 2009: POFQ; 2008: HoJo DL, Royal Plaza; 2007: Saratoga; 2006: POP, BV, CSR; 2005: AS-Mu, Off-site, POFQ; 2004: POFQ, AS-Mo; 2003: CSR, AS-Mo, Royal Plaza; 2002: AS-Mu; AS-Mu, CBR, Off-site; 2001: WL; 2000: Landings/Magic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim&AngieMarriner View Post
    On the other (which is where I am leaning along with everyone else), this person is wearing the symbol of the entire corp. You are not allowed to have a bad day. PERIOD.
    That's it in a nutshell. I don't care if they're working minimum wage; I don't care if the person in the costume is PAYING DISNEY to work there, he/she doesn't get to do that.

Can you imagine explaining some of our rationalizations to a 5-year-old? "Oh sorry, honey. You know, that's really just a person in a Mickey costume and he must be having a bad day. After all, they don't make that much money here."
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    That's it in a nutshell. I don't care if they're working minimum wage; I don't care if the person in the costume is PAYING DISNEY to work there, he/she doesn't get to do that.

Can you imagine explaining some of our rationalizations to a 5-year-old? "Oh sorry, honey. You know, that's really just a person in a Mickey costume and he must be having a bad day. After all, they don't make that much money here."
    Sooooo true! Every castmember is trained from day one, no matter what your role, when you are around guests you are on stage. You have to leave it at home.

A character most especially. Maybe I can overlook a cashier who is not very friendly, but a character? This IS the magic people travel from all over the world for. Unacceptable!
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BhamWriter View Post
    thank you finally someone agrees with me
    But I say Nay Nay

Post Thanks / Like

I too would send a letter. It is important for them to hear about incidents like this so they can address the situation so others don't have the same experience.

Hopefully, your DS had many other great memories and won't dwell on this one!
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mom2morgan View Post
    Sounds like he was suffering from PMS - Persnickety Mouse Syndrome!!! That is NOT an actor that should ever be allowed to play the "leading man" again...I think he belongs in the kitchen peeling potatoes
    Ditto. Mickey should never act that way or should any other character. Write and Complain so he does not ruin the day of others.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

Send a letter to the manager, either at Chef Mickeys or the Contemporary itself.

I know it can be really tough to keep going on a job if you are having an off day, but at the same time, you can't act like that--no matter where one works--and esp. when you are MICKEY MOUSE.
    First Trip: 1986 at 6 mths. old!
    Latest Trip: February 2017

Next trip: October 1017

Stayed at: Caribbean Beach, POP Century, Wilderness Lodge, The Contemporary, The Polynesian, the Beach Club, the Yacht Club, Grand Floridian, Art of Animation, Disney DREAM

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    I don't care if they're working minimum wage; I don't care if the person in the costume is PAYING DISNEY to work there, he/she doesn't get to do that.
    I completely agree. Why is it my problem that this person is only capable of earning minimum wage? If they can get more, then great ... go get it. If you can't, then guess what? This is your job, so deal with it and do it up to standards!

I would write to Bob Iger. Skip all the TDO baloney. They'll send you some stupid letter with a coupon in it or something. Tell Iger. Writing to Corporate always gets a response. Think of it like this ... you may be saving some other five year old from having his first encounter with Mickey be less-than-magical.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BhamWriter View Post
    NO..NO..NO..Goofy is the REAL reason to go to Disney World!!!
    Last edited by GBBT; 04-21-2012 at 09:09 PM. Reason: because
    Rob
    1. '66 Preview Center(baby),'71,'76,'86,'94-Offsite
    2. '95 AS Mus,'96 AS Sport,'97 AS Mov
    3. '99 CSR,'2000 CBR
    4. '01 AS Mov,'02 AS Mov
    5. '03-'04 Pop,CHRISTmas,New Years,Collective Soul
    6. '04 Pop,Halloween
    7. '05,'06,'07,'10 Pop,CHRISTmas
    8. '11 Pop,New Years,15th Wedding Anniversary

Post Thanks / Like

Growing up I never witnessed such an event at Disney, and I am very sorry for your foul experience. I am especially sorry for your son who has lost what could have been one of the many magical Disney memories.
    I however, know for a fact if this did indeed happen to me, my father would be ballistic and would definitely complain to Disney. Email Disney about your experience because this is very rare for Disney and completely unacceptable.
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GBBT View Post
    NO..NO..NO..Goofy is the REAL reason to go to Disney World!!!
    No way! Donald even wrote in my granddaughters autograph book "# 1 STAR". And so totally true!!!
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone! Does anyone know the email address or mailing address and name of who I can write to?
    Off-site - 1984, 1988 (2)
    Disneyland - 1993
    All Star Movies - 1999
    All Star Music - 2002
    Polynesian - 2006
    Coronado Springs - 2007
    Port Orleans Riverside - 2008
    Caribbean Beach - 2009
    Pop Century- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
    Disney Dream - 2013
    Yacht Club 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Send complaints to
    Walt Disney World Guest Communications
    Po box 10,040 Lake Buena Vista, Fl 32830-0040
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grumpy Mickey at Chef Mickey's

This is really "out of character" for Mickey. I am so sorry your child had this unfortunate experience. All I can think of is that maybe the person paying Mickey was sick and was trying to get out fast. When our kids were young we used to eat at Chef Mickey all the time and really they were all so wonderful to us. I agree that you might like to follow up and talk with someone or write to someone about this. I would start by calling the CR and talk with a manager. They have always been so helpful to us and we stay there often. The number I have for CR is (407) 824-3964 in case you want to use it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
    I actually would send a note to the restaurant manager with the date and time of your meal.
    I agree.. I wouldnt expect anything, but I would like for them to know. You proabably were not the only ones he was mean too. They need to know these things. Poeple come from all over the world to spend time here at the parks. They spend a lot of money to make this happen for their families, you better believe I would say something. Im not a "make a show" kind of person or even a letter sending person, but they need to know how you were treated and the waitress could have backed you up. I know its past now, but write a letter or better yet call the manager. At least you can try to prevent it from happening again to another 5 year old...
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Why didn’t you discreetly talk to a manager about it shortly after it happened?

It should never happen. I have never experienced a character out of role and have had very good experiences especially with my own children.
    1965*, 1972, 1980, 1986, 1992, 1994, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2004 Disneyland ** Aug 2009 25th Wedding Anniversary, 2010 (June), 2012

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: