Quantcast Jest Quetions: Buying Cross Trainers for Tennis Camp. - Page 21

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 21 of 58 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi all!! How is everyone this morning? Did everyone have a good weekend?

I am still upset about my weekend. A while back I won tickets to the Colts vs. Broncos game that took place in Indianapolis yesterday. Needless to say I was pretty excited about taking my youngest child (the only one still at home) to both his and my first pro football game. Unfortunately when I woke up Sunday morning my back was in such bad shape that I knew there was no way I could sit in a vehicle for 3 hours one way, then another 3 hours for the game and then 3 more hours getting back home. So I ended up calling my daughter and asking her to come home and take my son to the game. Fortunately my daughter's college is only an hour from where we live so she was able to make it.

I am glad that my daughet and son were both able to go but I am still upset that I had to miss it. Hopefully after this next back surgery things like this will be in the past. However, I am not getting my hopes up yet.

Hope you all have a great day!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    pogo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post

I am still upset about my weekend. A while back I won tickets to the Colts vs. Broncos game that took place in Indianapolis yesterday. Needless to say I was pretty excited about taking my youngest child (the only one still at home) to both his and my first pro football game. Unfortunately when I woke up Sunday morning my back was in such bad shape that I knew there was no way I could sit in a vehicle for 3 hours one way, then another 3 hours for the game and then 3 more hours getting back home. So I ended up calling my daughter and asking her to come home and take my son to the game. Fortunately my daughter's college is only an hour from where we live so she was able to make it.

I am glad that my daughter and son were both able to go but I am still upset that I had to miss it. Hopefully after this next back surgery things like this will be in the past. However, I am not getting my hopes up yet.

Sorry to hear this Jasper.

Here's a little to help you feel better.

Were you so upset , you had to post it twice ? I would be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    Deb, a moon pie is kind of two round graham cracker cookies with a marshmallow center and (usually) chocolate coating. They're very good.
    Thank you! We call those Wagon Wheels -- and my mom would only buy them for extra special treats.... Don't they have Goo Goo bars down Nashville way? Can't eat them myself -- but my dad used to bring home cases of them....
    Quote Originally Posted by Riri529 View Post
    Isn't that the same as a scooter pie? Marshmallow between two soft cookies encased in chocolate?? We used to have scooter pies in our lunch boxes all the time when we were little. Brings back nice memories.....
    Quote Originally Posted by alpro2 View Post
    Lunch box? You carried a lunch box to school? Nerd Alert!
    I still do. Are you gonna call me a nerd too?
    Quote Originally Posted by cantgetenuff View Post
    I forgot to mention...

With the big move TOMORROW () I probably will not have computer access for a while.
    Good luck with everything!!!
    Hi all!! How is everyone this morning?
    Hey Jasper! I am sorry you missed your game .... Hockey's a better sport anyway!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

I am glad that my daughet and son were both able to go but I am still upset that I had to miss it. Hopefully after this next back surgery things like this will be in the past. However, I am not getting my hopes up yet.

Jasper, You are a great dad! I hope your back feels better soon.

I forgot to mention...

With the big move TOMORROW () I probably will not have computer access for a while.

Will someone catch me up to speed when I return?
    Woo Hoo for the big move!

I just got back from my Doc, he said a lot of people from Tullahoma are headed down to Disney this next week~ maybe we'll hook them on Intercot if we behave ourselves. Of course that means I've got to be on my toes if I want a Lapu Lapu doesn't it?
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone... is it a bad sign that it still feels like morning to me??? I'm a little tired and out-of-sorts today... anybody have anything that might help??

Quote Originally Posted by Natazu View Post
    That sounds like fun. What'd ya BBQ?
    Chicken & corn on the cob.... it was SO yummy!! Has anybody else heard of the "dunking" method for putting butter on your corn? Our friends put two sticks of butter in a big glass jar full of water and heated it up on the grill... the butter melted into the boiling water but stayed on the top, and you would just take your corn, dip it into the butter and pull it back out - perfect!! I'd never seen it done before -- anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    I think most everyone is doing last minute things before the big meet!
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one... I can't believe the list I have for a 4-day trip!!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydrmr View Post
    Ok, I'll admit.. it actually had nothing to do with will power and more to do with the fact that I was SICK! My tummy was turning and had a killer headache.. so NOTHING sounded or looked good...
    I actually have lost weight this week, but again, it's more to do with my tummy upset... I'm still not feeling 100%... even my doggie is sick..
    It all tastes the same.... my grandma LOVED white chocolate.. so I guess I inherited her taste buds.
    hmmmmm.... has anyone noticed anything different about me?
    Di, I hope you're feeling better today!!

I'm a big white chocolate lover, too - esp. the stuff that comes out during Easter. Yummm!

Congrats on 5K - looks good on you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    We went to the house today. Isn't it looking great?

Here's the quilt that I designed and sold to my best friend!!!!
    Carol, your house looks great!! Keep those pics coming! And the quilt is beautiful!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beast_fanatic View Post
    I have 4 work days left until my trip. How do they expect me to get any work done this week?
    Ditto - I work 2 nights this week, and 2 nights over the weekend, and I'm done!! Not sure how I'll keep myself focused over the next week - I even got irritated in my car this morning b/c I just wanted to hear Disney music, and all the stuff I usually enjoy just wasn't working for me!!

Guys, this AM I woke up sick and have called to get a sub for my teaching position. Evidently I caught DGS's cold from last weekend . My throat hurts, coughing, chest hurts....
    Usually a cold doesn't make me get a sub, but this is a SUPER BUG!
    I hope I get over this before leave. I'm going to try to get into the DR. today.
    Does anyone know any quick cures?
    Echinacea (2 capsules), Vitamin C (1 capsule) 2x/day and add in an extra 2 capsules of Ech. before bed... Zinc lozenges... Robitussin expectorant regularly and lots of water... and warm up some OJ, add 2 big tbsp. of honey and a liberal sprinkle of cinnamon... my mom calls in "Hot Orange", and it definitely helps!! Sending some "get well" your way so you feel better SOON!!!

I forgot to mention...

With the big move TOMORROW I probably will not have computer access for a while.

Good luck tomorrow -- be sure to post some pics once your computer is up & running!! We'll miss you while you're "gone"... will you be back before we all leave??

Jasper - sorry to hear about the game... I hope your back is feeling better today!!

Okay guys, I've procrastinated long enough... I'm off to do some laundry and clean up my house. Catch you all later...
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Di, congrats on 5K!

Jasper, hope you're feeling better soon. We'll be sure to blow some pixie dust your way on Friday night. Be on the look out for it!

Ken, wouldn't it make sense for one to be eating veggies whilst vegging out?

Mikki's on her way to WDW!

Deb, feel better. Do you have any Emergen-C? Please get better soon!

Later, all!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to add...
    Good luck with the move, Christine,
    and many blessings in the new house!

Sure you don't want us to come and help?
    Ellen

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    I think you are just there for the "river walk".
    Yes, that is true. Lots of pubs and restaurants....hope I don't fall in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    I still do. Are you gonna call me a nerd too?
    Do you really want to ask me that?
    Alex

4/1976 - offsite,4/1983 - offsite,5/1999 - CaribBeach,5/2000 - CaribBeach,
    11/2001 - Coronado,7/2003 - AKL, 8/2004 - POFQ, 8/2005 - Poly, 8/2006 - Grand Flo,10/2007 - POFQ, 8/2008 - Wilderness Lodge, 8/2009 - POR, 8/2010 - CaribBeach, 8/2011 - Coronado, 8/2012 -Coronado, 8/2014 - Coronado

Post Thanks / Like

Guys, this AM I woke up sick and have called to get a sub for my teaching position. Evidently I caught DGS's cold from last weekend . My throat hurts, coughing, chest hurts....
    Usually a cold doesn't make me get a sub, but this is a SUPER BUG!
    I hope I get over this before leave. I'm going to try to get into the DR. today.
    Does anyone know any quick cures?
    I work with kids and I am constantly wiping noses!!! I swear by zinc--I like the gum best. It will lessen the severity and the duration, I promise! Feel better!

Lunch box? You carried a lunch box to school? Nerd Alert!
    Yes, in fact I did carry a lunch box. A green metal Robin Hood one, in fact. I loved that lunch box. Call me what you will, but your words will not make it so. Clearly I am nothing if not cool!

I forgot to mention...

Congratulations Christine!! Does this mean we are all invited over for a housewarming party next weekend?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, in fact I did carry a lunch box. A green metal Robin Hood one, in fact. I loved that lunch box. Call me what you will, but your words will not make it so. Clearly I am nothing if not cool!
    Robin Hood, eh? I would have thought Scooby Doo. It's ok Maria....you don't have to explain. We all know you are cool ( )...not!
    Alex

11/2001 - Coronado,7/2003 - AKL, 8/2004 - POFQ, 8/2005 - Poly, 8/2006 - Grand Flo,10/2007 - POFQ, 8/2008 - Wilderness Lodge, 8/2009 - POR, 8/2010 - CaribBeach, 8/2011 - Coronado, 8/2012 -Coronado, 8/2014 - Coronado

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    Ken, wouldn't it make sense for one to be eating veggies whilst vegging out?
    Excuse me, but isn't the cacao bean a vegetable? Can I help it if somebody added sugar to it?

SSShhhhh. Remember, we were going to surprise her with the new house do-over? It'll be like working with a clean canvas.

By the way. Time is growing short. Do all the meet non-attendees have their assignment sheets and have you all got your equipment ready? Somebody needs to lube the bulldozer; I can't get to it this week.
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Good luck tomorrow -- be sure to post some pics once your computer is up & running!! We'll miss you while you're "gone"... will you be back before we all leave??
    Thanks, and I hope to be back in a few days...I've got to pay some bills online before WDW so I should be.

Forgot to add...
    Good luck with the move, Christine,
    and many blessings in the new house!

Thanks. Can I pick who I do and do NOT want to come help?

Yes, that is true. Lots of pubs and restaurants....hope I don't fall in.
    Don't forget to check out the basement in the Alamo! (who remembers what movie that's from????)

Congratulations Christine!! Does this mean we are all invited over for a housewarming party next weekend?
    You can, but I won't be there! We have team photos, double header games, school fall carnival, church, John's got a photo shoot, etc, etc, etc.

SSShhhhh. Remember, we were going to surprise her with the new house do-over? It'll be like working with a clean canvas.
    You can't do my place...I'm leaving DD and DH at home so they'll be on guard!!!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

You can, but I won't be there! We have team photos, double header games, school fall carnival, church, John's got a photo shoot, etc, etc, etc.
    You won't be there? Cool! Just make sure there is plenty of and . We will tell you all about the party at your house at the BIG INTERCOT 10th ANNIVERSARY BASH!
    Alex

Post Thanks / Like

By the way. Time is growing short. Do all the meet non-attendees have their assignment sheets and have you all got your equipment ready? Somebody needs to lube the bulldozer; I can't get to it this week.
    I have my assignment, I think Pogo said he was in charge of the bulldozer...at least that's what I thought I heard him muttering. He said it must of been Alez that had it last.

Have fun moving, Christine!!! Isn't it really exciting?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Christine
    I'm super excited for you and the new houses..

Carol
    I guess your next to move! Your house is looking great!

I went to the Dr. and got a shot and some meds. I've been sleeping some today.DD Amy is pushing this costume thing to the wire. Brittany found a child's Jasmine costume, today.
    Amy will find her costume tomorrow. I am determined.
    Do you think I'm a bit pushy?
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

There's a good 6 hour buffer zone, er... I mean painful distance between here and San Antonio. Why don't you come to the big D sometime?

I forgot to mention...

Good luck on the move - hope all goes well!

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    I can't believe the list I have for a 4-day trip!!
    List? What list? This trip is totally on the fly!

Can we have a housewarming pary at WDW??

I can't believe its just 9 days away - I have done no planning (other than tickets, etc), the girls STILL do not know. I haven't decided yet how to spring it on them. Its an early birthday celebration for all of us - kind of an "all girl birthday bash". Anyone have any ideas??

Post Thanks / Like

DD and DH at home so they'll be on guard!!!
    Who do you think sent us the floor plans? I think John said he was interested in a Dallas Cowboys theme.
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    I can't believe its just 9 days away - I have done no planning (other than tickets, etc), the girls STILL do not know. I haven't decided yet how to spring it on them. Its an early birthday celebration for all of us - kind of an "all girl birthday bash". Anyone have any ideas??
    What time of day are you leaving? How old are your girls? You can always tell them that you're all going to the spa or to get your nails done, and then head to the airport (get the suitcases in the car while they're not looking). When they question you, tell them you're going to the spa at SSR.

When I surprised DS a few years ago, I had to wake him up at 5:00 am for us to catch the plane. I handed him a card "from Mickey." It basically said that Mickey missed Ben as much as Ben missed Mickey (DS was 6 at the time), and that he couldn't wait to see him later that afternoon.
    Ellen

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I went to the Dr. and got a shot and some meds. I've been sleeping some today.DD Amy is pushing this costume thing to the wire. Brittany found a child's Jasmine costume, today.
    Amy will find her costume tomorrow. I am determined.
    Do you think I'm a bit pushy?
    Pushy? No, you're just giving them a hefty nudge!!!
    Deb, sleep is a good thing when you're not feeling well. Did you give your cold to my staff? I have 3 of them right now with that cold, I'm staying away from all of them!!!
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

What time of day are you leaving? How old are your girls? You can always tell them that you're all going to the spa or to get your nails done, and then head to the airport (get the suitcases in the car while they're not looking). When they question you, tell them you're going to the spa at SSR.
    We leave at 9:30 pm or so (red-eye - UGH!). I have to let then know we are going somewhere, since they have to get their school work (they are not missing much, but I've never pulled them out for trips - ever. This trip will celebrate their b-days (13 and 16). Actually, I had thought about making a girls trip to SSR and have manicures! How fun! Has anyone ever gotten a manicure at SSR before??

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: