Quantcast Just Questions: Ho Ho Hold the Door, We're Going To... - Page 42

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, Dan! Shouldn't you be helping Blythe tonight? Or at least cheering her on?

Quote Originally Posted by cantgetenuff View Post
    Mickey Mouse put his giant gloved hand over Dave's mouth!
    Have a magical time, Christine. I'm sure Santa will find his way to Olivia.

Quote Originally Posted by alpro2 View Post
    I am sure the legs weren't the only things peeking out. I hate those gowns. Sad part is that I was in too much pain to be humiliated.
    Oh, you haven't been in the hospital enough to have learned the "two gowns" trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    I think she's referring to the the silver highlights that come with advancing years...
    I got my first at 23... is that advanced age? Because I should be totally silver by now! They're beginning to clump together enough that if I use certain hair coloring, it looks like I've had my hair highlighted.

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    Gilles' office is next to a cemetary and they have had a few "visitor". One of the stories he told me is one day they were discussing the "visitors" and one staff member said there isn't such thing and something on a shelf next to him flew off the shelf and toward the person...needless to say, that person now believes.
    That is a scary story!

Ellen, where are you?
    Today was a really busy day at work and tonight was the Christmas pageant at Ben's school. They did an awesome job. Amazing to see these little sprouts grow up!

Jenn, I know it's not to your liking for the boys, but they have Bionicle toys in the McD's Happy Meals. (William's too old, right, Nat?) I didn't break for lunch until after I picked Ben up from school and we were on the way to Costco to get him a new white shirt (for the pageant). I was shaking by then (it was close to 3:30). I guess that's not good, huh?

So instead of baking tonight, I'm going to get up early and make cinnamon scones for the kids (in addition to the lemon/blueberry ones I made yesterday) and some gingerbread ones too. They'll be ready around 7:30... who wants some?
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sandy, I'm sorry I missed your birthday. I hope it was a great one!

Polar Express Day left me feeling as if I had been hit by the train!
    The kids were WILD after that.
    The Kindergarteners were SO CUTE! Afterward if you asked them about the bell, they would tell you about ow Santa had wanted EACH one of them to get the first gift of Christmas and He sent them one straight from the North Pole -- THAT is why it was so cold when we got it!
    One kindergartner gotout of line coming back from their visit to the Polar Express and gave me a hug, his mom was right behind him as she had enjoyed the festivities too .
    She told me he has told her all about me and he thinks I'm an elf!
    I didn't tell her where he got that idea!
    Can you believe it?

When I got home dd Amy announces she needs me to make dressing for 30 people at her school for tomorrow.
    We made dressing, peppermint bark and chex mix (2 batches).

Got to go stir the second batch! night night!
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    Where do you get the energy?? Its a good thing you will get some time off soon!!

Did anyone else realize that Christine AND her DH AND her DD will all be GONE at the same time? Sounds like a renovation waiting to happen! Anyone got any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    Are we ready for Wednesday?
    Are we!! It's got to go a little better than today...

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    Well look who got some puter time ! Good to see you here.

Did you have to tie Blythe up to get it?

Remember she's trying to bake!!!
    Trying is the operative word!! The sad thing is, I used to be pretty good at it...

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    Hi, Dan! Shouldn't you be helping Blythe tonight? Or at least cheering her on?

So instead of baking tonight, I'm going to get up early and make cinnamon scones for the kids (in addition to the lemon/blueberry ones I made yesterday) and some gingerbread ones too. They'll be ready around 7:30... who wants some?
    No, he knows better when I'm in the kitchen, esp. when steam is coming out of my ears. He just lets me be, and gives me an occassional hug... Things did get marginally better, but I'm hoping to improve dramatically tomorrow.

Could I have some scones in the morning, please?? I'm sure they'd help tremendously...

The Kindergarteners were SO CUTE! Afterward if you asked them about the bell, they would tell you about ow Santa had wanted EACH one of them to get the first gift of Christmas and He sent them one straight from the North Pole -- THAT is why it was so cold when we got it!
    One kindergartner gotout of line coming back from their visit to the Polar Express and gave me a hug, his mom was right behind him as she had enjoyed the festivities too .
    Can you believe it?
    Good for you!! I'm glad to hear it went so well, that's awesome. And good job on the baking/cooking tonight... glad to hear someone's getting the job done!!

Well, tomorrow I'm off to a "Baklava party" at a friends house... I'm excited b/c I love Baklava, and have always wanted to learn how to make it. I went to a middle-Eastern store today and got fresh filo dough, and I guess I make the nut mixture in the am and take it with me, we do the rest at her house. Sounds easy enough... and I'll finally have some for the holidays!! Yeah!! I'm going to attempt to make some cookies, too... cross your fingers...

Have a good night all... I'm off to say goodnight to my day!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Ken, did you send out the steamer trunk to Christine's? Gilles won't be there to change the label. I'm pretty sure he'd crawl in the trunk with us!!!!
    Excuse me? I seem to remember somebody sending the steamer trunk to the antarctic. I still haven't quit shivering. But I'll let bygones be bygones. I'll even let you and Gilles be the first in. OK everybody, on three we slam the lid and I'll switch the lable.

When I got home dd Amy announces she needs me to make dressing for 30 people at her school for tomorrow.

Man, we got the JQ Baker Babes for the season!

Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    Did anyone else realize that Christine AND her DH AND her DD will all be GONE at the same time? Sounds like a renovation waiting to happen! Anyone got any ideas?
    I see another camping motif!
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't break for lunch until after I picked Ben up from school ...I was shaking by then (it was close to 3:30). I guess that's not good, huh?
    I am not happy to hear this young lady!

Are you taking lessons from Ellen?

What is with you people? Or is it me...am I just the laziest person ever??? All this baking, running about, school events, working... wow! When do you people sleep??
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    Quiet, you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    I went to a middle-Eastern store today and got fresh filo dough,
    I'm sorry, this just cracked me up!
    Never in my life have I heard of such a place, and you say it so nonchalantly like, "so I go to the Middle Eastern store, you know, how you do !"

Ken, so help me...
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Well look who got some puter time ! Good to see you here.

Did you have to tie Blythe up to get it ?
    Yeah, but I don't know how long its gonna hold! Got any duct tape?
    Remember she's trying to bake!!!
    Hi, Dan! Shouldn't you be helping Blythe tonight? Or at least...
    Dear, dear, dear...so many comments, so little time!
    No, he knows better when I'm in the kitchen, esp. when steam is coming out of my ears. He just lets me be, and gives me an occassional hug... Things did get marginally better, but I'm hoping to improve dramatically tomorrow.
    See, I'm a good hubsband...I even took DD6 out for Christmas shopping for Momma...could have been a lot worse in the kitchen!
    Dan

"why is the rum always gone?"

'79, '88, '97
    '06 CBR, Oct 11-14, 2007 (I'cot's 10th), Dec '08 CBR, Oct '09 CBR/AKL, Aug '11 CBR, Oct '11 AKL, Oct 25-29, 2012 (I'cot's 15th)

Post Thanks / Like

Rhonda, Can you wear your pajamas to work?
    Nope. I can't even wear blue jeans to work! Well, there are a few exceptions - if I'm at work on a weekend or a holiday, then I can wear jeans, and they'll occasionally sell jeans days for charity benefit, and then I can wear them if I pay!

Should I make Rhonda yell at me?
    Did they remove your evil streak during that operation?

I especially like the full orchestra version of IBFC. We got to see the TransSiberian live show in Raleigh two years ago and it was fantiastic.
    Can anybody lend me a question to put in that other post before Rhonda finds out? Ah heck, I'll just do it for her.
    Good job!
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Love you guys!

At last the winter dodrums have been replaced with the spirit of the season! That has given me the energy I need to and I'cot until midnight and get up again a 5. Have a terrific day!

Who was that making Baklava and could I get some down here? I LOVE the stuff!
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

pogo Guest

Good morning all.... I hope everyone slept well. Some what of a quiet day today.... only one appointment in the afternoon. I'll be zooping in and out all day.

Ken, did you send out the steamer trunk to Christine's? Gilles won't be there to change the label. I'm pretty sure he'd crawl in the trunk with us!!!!
    Yeah right ! Do you think I'm falling for that one again ?
    Oh, you haven't been in the hospital enough to have learned the "two gowns" trick.
    He knew but,
    I think he was trying to impress the nurses.

Awwwww..... now when I think of you Sis..... I'll think of Elfin Magic ! Do you work for Keebler ?
    [No, he knows better when I'm in the kitchen, esp. when steam is coming out of my ears. He just lets me be, and gives me an occassional hug.
    He's such a good boy ! I'd be yelling out asking you to bring me a beer !

Quote Originally Posted by CaptJackSparrow View Post
    Yeah, but I don't know how long its gonna hold! Got any duct tape?

See, I'm a good hubsband...I even took DD6 out for Christmas shopping for Momma...could have been a lot worse in the kitchen!
    Never ask for Duck Tape from an Aflac Agent !

You were very wise to stay out of her way ! And sweet for taking your DD6 Christmas shopping. I miss those days ! (sigh)

See you all later.

Post Thanks / Like

Wait a minute...if you're at the North Pole, wouldn't everything be 'up here' for you?
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

I was shaking by then (it was close to 3:30). I guess that's not good, huh?

If your shaking why are you baking?

I am not happy to hear this young lady! What is with you people? Or is it me...am I just the laziest person ever??? All this baking, running about, school events, working... wow! When do you people sleep??.
    I agree with you 200% about Ellen. Sleep is the missing item for me right now. I was up till 11:30 making fruitcake. (I know but everyone in my family does like them!)

I'm off for most of the rest of the week and next after this. (the odd zoop perhpas but that's it folks).

So Merry Christmas to all. I wish you all health, happiness and the wealth you need to have both of the other more important things.

Instead of sending cards back to those who sent me some I wanted to let you all know I donated a 20 question game on behalf of all of us to our local toy drive..and stuck 3 bags of cookies in our local food bank.

For some reason that struck me as better then a donkey but perhaps next year for that?
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, those sound really good!! I'll take one!!!

The kids were WILD after that.
    Can you believe it?
    That is so cute!!! Did it make you proud?

Excuse me? I seem to remember somebody sending the steamer trunk to the antarctic. I still haven't quit shivering. But I'll let bygones be bygones. I'll even let you and Gilles be the first in. OK everybody, on three we slam the lid and I'll switch the lable.
    It wasn't the antarctic it was the arctic. He sent you to the North Pole to go see Santa. He wanted to see what your gifts would be, geeesh, he was trying to be nice!!!! You did want snow, Ken!!!

6 more days until Christmas, are you ready?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post

Instead of sending cards back to those who sent me some I wanted to let you all know I donated a 20 question game on behalf of all of us to our local toy drive..and stuck 3 bags of cookies in our local food bank.
    Very cool! ( I love that game, BTW).

This is the first year we have not done our email card OR photo card . Perhaps we'll send out some from WDW???

Y'all have a good day! I probably won't be able to do much zooping today...I have really gotta start getting ready for next week!

Let me ask your opinions on something:

The townhome we bought is in a subdivision that is predominantly folks in their autumn years, to say the least.

We have a PRECIOUS neighbor down the street (we'll they're all adorable, but this one in particular is a DOLL!)

He had a stroke last year. His speech is quite labored, and his mind is so child-like. Not dimentia, but just fun. For example, he is obsessed with hot dogs! He talks about them all the time (think Bubba from Forest Gump talking about shrimp).

He gets the biggest kick out of watching Olivia ride her bike or scooter. He loves to work children's jigsaw puzzles. He wears a sheriff badge..I mean he is just a doll!

Well, I told them yesterday we were going to Disney for Christmas. He was so excited! He asked if we'd see Mickey and what all we'd do.

When I got home, I thought: "I ought to get him some Mickey ears with his name embroidered on them!"

Do you think that would be ok? I don't want to appear patronizing or that I am making fun at all. I just really think he'd enjoy them! I can really see him wearing them!

What do you think?
    INTERCOT Staff-

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptJackSparrow View Post
    Glad to hear you're doing well...aside from the initial recovery, how long will you be out of work? And any chance for a golf tie-in by the time potential summer mini-meets roll around? (can you tell, I'm in 4-months-from-spring-denial)
    I am planning on returning back Feb 1. It is amazing what I can do after only a week of surgery. I should be back in the "swing" of things by then.

Any of those scones left over Ellen?
    Alex

4/1976 - offsite,4/1983 - offsite,5/1999 - CaribBeach,5/2000 - CaribBeach,
    11/2001 - Coronado,7/2003 - AKL, 8/2004 - POFQ, 8/2005 - Poly, 8/2006 - Grand Flo,10/2007 - POFQ, 8/2008 - Wilderness Lodge, 8/2009 - POR, 8/2010 - CaribBeach, 8/2011 - Coronado, 8/2012 -Coronado, 8/2014 - Coronado

pogo Guest

The townhome we bought is in a subdivision that is predominantly folks in their autumn years, to say the least.

We have a PRECIOUS neighbor down the street (we'll they're all adorable, but this one in particular is a DOLL!)

He had a stroke last year. His speech is quite labored, and his mind is so child-like. Not dimentia, but just fun. For example, he is obsessed with hot dogs! He talks about them all the time (think Bubba from Forest Gump talking about shrimp).

He gets the biggest kick out of watching Olivia ride her bike or scooter. He loves to work children's jigsaw puzzles. He wears a sheriff badge..I mean he is just a doll!

Well, I told them yesterday we were going to Disney for Christmas. He was so excited! He asked if we'd see Mickey and what all we'd do.

When I got home, I thought: "I ought to get him some Mickey ears with his name embroidered on them!"

Do you think that would be ok? I don't want to appear patronizing or that I am making fun at all. I just really think he'd enjoy them! I can really see him wearing them!

What do you think?
    How about an autographed Mickey for him ?

It wasn't the antarctic it was the arctic. He sent you to the North Pole to go see Santa. He wanted to see what your gifts would be, geeesh, he was trying to be nice!!!!

I agree with you 200% about Ellen. Sleep is the missing item for me right now. I was up till 11:30 making fruitcake.
    You were up making an Alex ??????

I am planning on returning back Feb 1. It is amazing what I can do after only a week of surgery. I should be back in the "swing" of things by then.
    I'm glad you are doing so well.... And I'm glad you are back in the swing of things... you take some of the heat off me !

Post Thanks / Like

:What is with you people? Or is it me...am I just the laziest person ever??? All this baking, running about, school events, working... wow! When do you people sleep??

I'm sorry, this just cracked me up!
    Never in my life have I heard of such a place, and you say it so nonchalantly like, "so I go to the Middle Eastern store, you know, how you do!"
    I sleep at night... well, mostly... okay, 4 nights a week...3 days a week... when do you sleep?? I'm just lucky this week... no work 'til Christmas night!

You guys don't have specialty stores down there?? I'd think you'd have Mexican stores everywhere!! Around here, we have a lot of Russian and Middle Eastern immigrants in the city, so of course, some have opened their own shops for their special imported foods. I couldn't tell you what most of the stuff was, but I recognized the filo dough!

That'd be me... I'll send some your way when I get home!

He's such a good boy ! I'd be yelling out asking you to bring me a beer !
    Even at the risk of where and how you might get it??

I was up till 11:30 making fruitcake. (I know but everyone in my family does like them!)

Yummm!! I love fruitcake... could you send some my way?

Cool idea for the toy drive - thanks!!

What do you think?
    I think it's a really nice idea!

You were up making an Alex ??????

Well, I'm about to get ready to go off to my Baklava party - wish me luck!! I did already successfully make a batch of cookies, so I'm doing better than yesterday already. Let's hope I can keep the magic going!! Later, I've got some serious wrapping to do... most of the family's done, but the girls gifts must be done either while they're gone or under the cover of darkness.

I taped the Disney Holiday Magic special last night... can't wait to watch it tonight!! Finally!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I'm about to head off to go Carol Singing around our village. Anyone want to come?
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlpmikki View Post
    I'm about to head off to go Carol Singing around our village. Anyone want to come?
    Sounds like fun! Will there be hot chocolate afterwards?

everyone, hope all are well.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

Lunch time!

I taped the Disney Holiday Magic special last night... can't wait to watch it tonight!! Finally!!
    Be careful! Watching that is the reason why we're going next week!
    Quote Originally Posted by dlpmikki View Post
    Have a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by Nascfan View Post
    everyone,hope all are well.
    Hey Scott!

You want to hear something that is probably certifiably insane??
    This morning I was thinking of our trip, and I thought: "It's going to be so sad on our 8th and 9th day, when we only have 2 or 3 days left "

Then I thought, "What the????"

INTERCOT Staff-

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani