Quantcast Let's all Go Cup Crazy! - Page 19

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Donald A View Post
    The more I watch hockey I realize that this exact point is true. You have to win despite poor calls by the official.
    I agree with this to an extent, but I also think the NHL has got to do something about their refs.

I know every sport has its problems with blown/missed calls, but lately I really feel like hockey refs (along with refs in the NBA) are calling games with the intent of changing the outcome.

I may be wrong, but man ... I've seen just some horrendous refereeing in the last two or three NHL seasons. I mean really when do you ever see a sport where they allow an extra player on the "field" for a full 30-40 seconds without anyone noticing?? That's just pathetic!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The more I watch hockey I realize that this exact point is true. You have to win despite poor calls by the official. I am just glad Pittsburgh was penalized more last night and won pretty much fair and square.
    Amen, brother. They look energized. Game 5 will be HUGE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I agree with this to an extent, but I also think the NHL has got to do something about their refs.

I know every sport has its problems with blown/missed calls, but lately I really feel like hockey refs (along with refs in the NBA) are calling games with the intent of changing the outcome.

I may be wrong, but man ... I've seen just some horrendous refereeing in the last two or three NHL seasons. I mean really when do you ever see a sport where they allow an extra player on the "field" for a full 30-40 seconds without anyone noticing?? That's just pathetic!
    I think the league, NBC, Vs., Bettman, etc. want this series to go long and probably want the Pens to win. I mean Vs. just got their best rating ever while the league has had 100+ sellouts at Mellon Arena and can't sell out Joe Louis Arena for a playoff game. When I lived in Indianapolis and went to the local minor league hockey game, there were not many NHL jerseys being worn but the ones that were there were almost all Pittsburgh jerseys. As with most things (including our beloved WDW) this is about money.

I find that a bit unsettling, however, as I do not want my team to win if there is essentially cheating and "fixing" going on. I like to think I am an ethical person first and try not to sacrifice my values for something pretty unimportant (in the grand scheme of things) like a hockey game.

I have invested a lot of time and money into following the Pens this year (been to 15+ games), but will be the first to admit I don't want to see them win if it is fixed or cheating causes it to happen. That is sorta why I am glad last night the Pens won without the calls going their way. I guess I want to believe missed calls are really just mistakes. A guy can dream can't he?
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Post Thanks / Like

I mean really when do you ever see a sport where they allow an extra player on the "field" for a full 30-40 seconds without anyone noticing?? That's just pathetic!
    Dude....really....let it go before it consumes you...

Post Thanks / Like

I think the league, NBC, Vs., Bettman, etc. want this series to go long and probably want the Pens to win.
    This statement you just made shows a great problem with the league. The league should be impartial and not care which team wins or if it takes 4 games or 7 games. By saying this you are essentially saying you believe the NHL is favoring the Pens . Why not take it one step further and say maybe the league wants the Pens to win this year since the Wings won last year to setup the grudge match next year in the finals. Sounds a bit like the WWE to me.

This is the problem I have always had with Bettman he seems to have his favorites and as a comissioner you really just need to hope for good hockey.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Guys?

Last night...

5 calls on the Pens, 4 on the Wings.

Malkin comes out of the penalty box, scores a turnover and a possible breakaway and Franzen TACKLES him with no call.

See for yourself.

It all evens out. Let's stop with the favoring nonsense, shall we?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    It all evens out. Let's stop with the favoring nonsense, shall we?
    Well ... first off, it was a Pens fan who said that so don't blame Jeff and I.

Secondly, the number of calls (while moderately interesting) isn't necessarily a good indication of favoritism one way or the other.

It's when the calls are made and also (more importantly) what calls aren't made that matter.

And listen ... me personally? I don't know that I believe the NHL has some fix in for the Pens to win. I do believe Bettman would like this series to go seven games, though, as it has lead to somewhat of a resurgence in interest in the Stanley Cup Finals.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I never said it was you and Jeff. I said "guys".

That's kind of all-encompassing.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Meh ... I know who you were talking about!
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Dude...you're 39 and you said "meh"???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    This statement you just made shows a great problem with the league. The league should be impartial and not care which team wins or if it takes 4 games or 7 games. By saying this you are essentially saying you believe the NHL is favoring the Pens . Why not take it one step further and say maybe the league wants the Pens to win this year since the Wings won last year to setup the grudge match next year in the finals. Sounds a bit like the WWE to me.

This is the problem I have always had with Bettman he seems to have his favorites and as a comissioner you really just need to hope for good hockey.
    I do believe the NHL favors the Pens. That was my point. The Penguins are probably better money-makers than Detroit. This gets back to seeing all the Pens jerseys at a minor league hockey game in Indianapolis. However, just because I think the league favors the Pens doesn't mean I wouldn't be thrilled to see them win the Cup.

Just like I think the NBA really wanted LeBron to play Kobe. I guess things don't alway work out the way you want them to.
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Dude...you're 39 and you said "meh"???
    Dude ... one word ... jorts ...

'Nuff said!
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I need to take it into consideration that this discussion involves someone who wears jorts
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry I thought this thread was about hockey- not what everyone wears.

Refs miss calls- no matter what kind of calls. It happens in every sport. Get over it. Move on.

I really hope the next couple of games show good scores, defensive plays, and some hard hits. I just want to see some good hockey.

(With maybe a little bit more scoring from the Pens)

Post Thanks / Like

'Nuff said!
    LOL...yup. They go with the halfway down my back hair, the 9 tattoos, and the high top red Converse Chucks.

PROUDLY.

Post Thanks / Like

Excuse me, all encompassing?

'Nuff said!
    Oh god, not the jorts again, didn't we just go over that 10 pages ago?

I was out of town for the last few games. I was driving through Missouri for the last one in a 16' box truck full of stuff. I unfortunately didn't get to listen on the satellite radio, apparently the NHL finals don't rate very high. I did get text message updates from my brother who was watching. Sounds like game 3 was pretty much decided by the officials but game 4 was all Pens in the 2nd and 3rd and even my brother said the Wings looked tired.

I also agree Bettman would like the series to go to 7 games. In my little bubble I would like to not believe that the officials would taint a game to make it so the Wings would lose, but....

Game 5 tonight should be interesting. I'm home, so I will definately be watching. My brother will be at the game and this is why I hate him

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

I think the huge problem with the league is just the nature of the bad calls. In what other sport could one team have an extra player on the field for 30 seconds, and not get a penalty ? That blown call, if made, would have prevented a Pittsburg PP called 30 seconds later, on which they scored. Terrible call - net effect one goal.

In Game 4, Pittsburgh's first goal was scored by a player who was offsides by a good 2 strides ... no call.

Those are just two that stick out, but it goes both ways.

I always hold the NFL up as the example. They catch too many men EVERY TIME. If they make a terrible call that changes the result of a game (ie, the "Hochuli Call"), they acknowledge it, punish the ref, and move on. The NHL does nothing. They don't comment on it, and they fine anyone who does. They support their refs 100%, right or wrong (unless of course the refs make a decision that one teams star instigated a fight in the last 20 seconds, in which case they instantly overrule the ref).

/ I'll be at Game 5 tonight, 12 rows off the ice at Center Ice. Should be a doozy !

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Wow...this thing isn't even over and all I can say is wow. The Pens have totally lost their cool. Even Crosby is slashing...amazing. I think there's been one call that shouldn't have been made...the rest were just Pens players taking stupid penalties. They need to rein that in.

I guess we can speed out with the Pens WAMBULANCE, right?

I feel bad for Fleury, like I said, I like him and I don't like to see any goalie humiliated. I don't like any of the other Pens so I would say go ahead and score 10 more!!

I just hope the Wings can figure out how to do this in Pitts...seems like both teams are great on home ice, but not so great away. It's amazing how much that last line change can make a difference.

LET'S GO RED WINGS
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

The Pens Definately lost their cool in this game. Fluery looked very average and rattled.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: