Quantcast Do you buy Park Hopper MYW Tickets? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Do you Park Hop?

Voters
202. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have to have a Park Hopper Ticket.

164 81.19%
  • No, One Park a day is enough for me.

38 18.81%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johnO View Post
    Since we've been to WDW a good number of times, we've found that we no longer like the "Rushing around" of doing multiple parks per day. Now that we've "Been around the block.", we prefer to take our time, and give ourselves a chance to enjoy all of the fine details of WDW, which you cannot do when youre running from one park to the next, catching a bus here, a monorail, a friendship boat there.....

We focus on trying to take in the detail and trying to find and experience things that we've never done before. For instance, trying restaurants we've not been to and checking out other resorts.

We've found that when you "Park Hop", so much of your day is spent "in transit" from one location to the next.
    Sounds like us too. The only time we had PH was when they were included on all tickets but even then we never hopped.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We usually hop parks at least once a day.
    6/88 Off-site (Yogi Bear)
    6/91 Off-site (Yogi Bear)
    6/94 FW
    7/00 ASM
    7/01 BC & Disney Magic
    7/04 CBR
    Xmas 04 CBR
    Xmas 06 SSR
    6/08 POFQ
    10/08 POFQ
    7/11 POFQ
    10/11 POP & POR
    7/14 POR
    7/15 POR
    11/17 POR
    9/2020 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

One park in the AM, back to the resort for lunch and a swim, then another park at night. If MK is open past 11pm then maybe a third park!
    First trip May 1996 and many since
    DVC Owner BWV
    Next trips 2015 : March SSR, May-AKLV& Poly Oct- BWV & Dec- BCV

Post Thanks / Like

We used to always park hop, especially when the girls were younger and we'd take that mid-day break back at the hotel. That made it more attractive to head out to another park, especially on those trips we had the DDP and wanted to dine in Epcot most nights.

However, last trip we bought the park hoppers and never used them once! Now that the girls are older and don't need the mid-day break (at least not all the way back to the resort), we can do a whole day in one park. We didn't buy them for our upcoming trip, but it's nice to know we can add them if we change our minds.

Post Thanks / Like

We normally buy Park Hoppers, however reading this post has me debating whether or not we should. I never considered how much I would save because it seemed so convient. Thinking about it it would make sense to just buy regular tickets and go early, leave early, take a break and come back to the same park later. The only tradition it will wreck is that we usually get up early have breakfast, then head to Epcot then MK to soak up that last smell of Main Street. We end our trip grabbing a dole whip, then going back to our resort and heading back to the ATL.
    K. White

The magic is within all of us!

WDW Off Site 1978, 1981, 1986, 2005, 2006
    Disneyland- 1980, 1984, 1987
    WL- 6/2008
    Coronado Springs- 6/2009
    PO- Riverside- 6/2010
    AS Music- Solo, 40th Birthday March 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Always have the Park Hopper. We tend to stay in the Boardwalk area and want multiple days of access to DHS and Epcot in the same day. We typically have ADRs in different parks too.
    CB 2007
    BWI 2008
    YC 2009
    BWI Innkeepers Club 2010
    BC Christmas 2011
    BWI Christmas 2012
    ??? June 2013

Post Thanks / Like

We used to buy PHs but on our last trip, I think we only made it to a 2nd park 1 day! So this trip I didn't get PH, and I planned our meals based on EMH in each park. Hopefully it works!
    Next trip...
    1/16~AKL/AS Mo

Past trips...
    10/2015~Long Overdue Honeymoon @ the Disneyland Hotel! 1st visit to DL!!
    11/14~AS Mu
    3/14~Off Site
    11/13~AS Sp
    8/11~POR
    2/11~AS Mo
    4/09~Pop
    8/07-9/07~AS Sp
    GOT ENGAGED BY CASTLE!!
    12/06-1/07~AS Mo/AS Sp
    05/05~AS Mu
    08/00~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the result are 80/20. Eighty percent of us buy Park Hoppers and it appears "most" of the families who buy them use them...but not all. The other 20 percent of save $ and buy non park hopping tickets. All families are different in why they do or don't need park hoppers and again, just like with everything else..it's nice to have an option either way.
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Post Thanks / Like

We have small kids too (7 and 4). We will NOT be getting the park hopper. We will be going to the parks for 8 days anyhow and figured we can always go back to a park a different day if we didn't do something the first day we were there. We save quite a bit not getting park hopper and I really don't think we would use it much anyhow. I don't want to be hopping on a different bus or that with the 2 of them....once we are at a park we are there for the day.

Post Thanks / Like

we have always got parkhopper and the main reason has been because we enjoy eating at so many of the restaurants in Epcot.

So we tend to do a morning in a park and then go to Epcot for dinner.
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

I park hop every day of my trip
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

We do the park hopper. Once in awhile the park we are in gets kinda crowded & we find ourselves going elsewhere.

18 Previous Visits

Most Recent December 2011 (POP)
    May 2012 (Disney Fantasy !)
    Sept 2012 POP Mom/Daughter Trip

Sept 2013 40th Anniversary Adventures Disney Ireland

2014 Check out MK Makeover!

Post Thanks / Like

We did PH on our trip because DH said this was a one time trip, so we wanted to see everything we could as many times as we wanted.

If we went a lot, we might not do park hoppers and just plan our days around one park and other activities.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LVT View Post
    I like the hopper for emotional reasons. After my nap I go to a different park and feel that I have a whole new "day".
    Thats kind of our thinking. we don't all nap, but when we break for the afternoon, we start a whole new adventure. Even with little ones, the bus isn't too bad, as long as we're only doing two parks (one morning, one afternoon). On our upcoming 7 day trip, we are hopping all but 2 days. (and one of those days is animal kingdom...and thats only because we're going to chef mickeys for dinner instead of another park).
    First visit: Feb. 1989
    a bunch in between
    Next visit: 6/16

Post Thanks / Like

When we first started going to the World, there were no park-hopper options...cause there were no parks to hop! Now, lo-and-behold, 30 something years later there is no end to the wonderful things to do @ WDW. We're older and so is our DD, so we don't find it necessary to spend all day in one park to cover it. We are a 2-park-a-day family. This allows us to see and do all we want at our leisure, and return for 2nds if we like. We schedule our park of choice around any ADRs we may have made when we booked our trip and do enjoy our midday "down time" at our resort.
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Home of the World Champion White Sox and World Champion Chicago Blackhawks X's 2!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

We always buy a hopper pass, we start our day one place by the afternoon we end up back at the resort in the pool, and then hit another park at night. It works out great for our family, especially when we stayed at the MK area resorts on the monrail line---this year we'll see being at YC...hopefully it's as easy for us.
    '79 Ft Wilderness Campgrounds/CR
    '81 off property
    '86 CR
    '87 CR
    '89 Disney Inn
    '96 DL
    '97 WL
    '98 CS
    '07 WLV
    '08 Poly Princess Suite
    '09 Poly Princess Suite
    '10 May CR Hospitally Suite kiddos surprise trip!
    '11 May YC Club Level
    '14 Oct CS Executive Level

Post Thanks / Like

I must park hop. Getting to hop is getting twice the fun every day. We always go to one park in the morning and a different one at night. We did not get the hop ticket one year and were very unhappy. Also hopping alllows you to leave a crowded park to go to a not so crowded park. So worth the extra money.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

I park hop every time. To me it's the only way to do the parks (unless you are there during a time it is really busy). We normally limit ourselves to two parks in a day, but one time I did do all major attractions at all 4 parks in one day. It was Sept. 2002 (year after 9/11) so it was absolutely dead in the parks. My friend came to visit me when I was on my CP at WDW. We only had one day to spend at the parks, so we did a marathon run. It was glorious.
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Oct. 2007 (Saratoga Springs)
    -Dec. 2007 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Oct. 2008 (Caribbean Beach)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)
    -Feb. 2012 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Dec. 2012 (Coronado Springs)
    -Oct. 2014 (Coronado Springs)

Post Thanks / Like

Park Hopper all the time! I have no need, or want, to spend entire day(s) at DHS, and AK has short hours, so the PH gives me options I would not have otherwise.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

We always get them and take advantage of them going to no more than 2 parks in 1 day for maybe half of the days in the trip. We have actually been debating just getting the regular tickets to save a few bucks. But still haven't done it for the extra flexibility.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: