Quantcast magical express problem

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default magical express problem

Is it true that you cant take the magical express if you arrive after your orginal reservation date? Our dd is arriving two days after we are and she can't take the transportation service..

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

Hmmm, I can't remember if our friend joined us later the evening we checked in. He was flying back from Vegas and we were already checked into the room and since we didn't want to drive to MCO, he just took ME.

And I know his flight arrived late - after midnight. You may want to call and ask again.

Post Thanks / Like

If she is on your reservation in a Disney Resort, she CAN take Magical Express.

Last year, DH & I and another couple went to WDW.
    The other woman and I arrived on Monday, and our DHs arrived on Tuesday.

I just made separate reservations for DME for each of us.
    We got luggage tags and and documents for each of us.

Just call DME and explain who is traveling and when.
    Linda
    aka: wendy*darling

INTERCOT Staff:
    Disney & Orlando Dining/Nightlife, Shopping & Water Parks/Disney Vacation Club

DVC owners at WLV, BCV and SSR
    Next up: VWL & POFQ Dec 2009 - just adults!
    On Deck: DCL Wonder Dec 2010... but I'm sure we can come up with something before then!

Post Thanks / Like

I really dont know what to think.. any other ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

Wendy Darling is right - as long as they're listed on your room ressie, they can use ME, even if they come in later or leave earlier. I've done both with my family and had no problems. just call the ME peolpe and give them everyone's flight times.
    "You're not Mickey Mouse, you're a rat!"
    "Rat, Schmat! Besides, they're tourists! What do they know?"

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see how this could work -- you get a booklet for DME. When you arrive at the DME desk, the booklet is scanned and your party is logged into the system as arrived. Unless you got a second booklet for your DD, she would not have a valid DME travel voucher.

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone above is correct -- you certainly CAN take DME from the airport to your resort after the party's check-in date.

Everyone on the reservation is entitled to 2 rides, one from the airport and one to the airport.

The ride from airport to resort must be taken on or after the check-in date (in other words, it can't be taken BEFORE the check-in date, but can be taken after). And not everyone has to do it on the same day.

It follows the same logic for the ride back to the airport. Any member of your party can get a ride back to the airport on or before the party's check-out date (in other words, you can't get a ride back to the airport AFTER your check-out date). And not everyone has to do it on the same day.

The logic is that you can't use DME if you're not a Disney resort guest, and you are not a Disney resort guest before check-in day or after check-out day.

But if you arrive a few days later than the rest or leave a few days earlier than the rest, you ARE a Disney resort guest and you ARE entitled to the full DME treatment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrp4352 View Post
    Wendy Darling is right - as long as they're listed on your room ressie, they can use ME, even if they come in later or leave earlier. I've done both with my family and had no problems. . .

DH usually joins us later on in our trip and he used DME on our last trip. Just call back and give DME you DD's arrival information. There shouldn't be a problem at all.

On our next trip he will be both flying down with us and returning with us! For the first time ever!!!
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

OP, I think you just need to clarify for us that your daughter is listed on your current reservation. If you're adding her as a room only after you arrive, then I think she can still use ME, but the process is a little different I believe.

Knowing the details of your reservation and who it was that told you she couldn't take advantage of ME, might help us with answers specific to your situation.
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BMan62 View Post
    I don't see how this could work -- you get a booklet for DME. When you arrive at the DME desk, the booklet is scanned and your party is logged into the system as arrived. Unless you got a second booklet for your DD, she would not have a valid DME travel voucher.
    I've done this many times with people coming in on different flights/days/times.

You just cut out the "coupons" with that person's name on it - there really is no problem with removing individual coupons from the booklet.

Wendy*Darling is completely correct!
    You absolutely can do this with your dd flying in on a different date.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent's Dad View Post
    You absolutely can do this with your dd flying in on a different date.
    If she is on the existing reservation, that's absolutely true. If they're adding her when she arrives (usually something done with free dining for example), that could be a problem. Hopefully the poster will come back when she has a chance and just let us know if she's all set.
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

We have 2 members of our party coming in 4 days after we check in and I just submitted the 2 different reservations on line for DME. However, we were told we had to book them in the room as if they were going to be there for the full time we'll be there. But that didn't seem to matter with DME.
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: