Quantcast Just Questions: Guess We Can't. - Page 49

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW people, you sure talk a lot! I was just here after lunch and now it's gone bezerk.

Carol, so glad that you're coming in December!! WOO HOO, can't wait to see you!

Rachel, thanks for checking in and giving us the update. That little munchkin is so cute, I can't wait to see more pictures.

Mary, thanks for your comment on Facebook about little Pinto, she is such a sweet little baby.

So how's the evening? It's hot and sticky here, wish we had a pool I came home and cleaned up the house. Mike just got home so I don't know what the plan is for the rest of the night. I'll check in later, have a good, safe night.
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sagessa View Post
    Hello all... I figured it was time to come out of my shell and finally post on this thread. I've been reading it forever and I figured an update on Alex would be a good way to join in.

Last night Alex weighed 3 lbs, 13 ozs. He's still on room air and hasn't needed any oxygen (which is a small miracle for a 7 week premature baby). They took out his IV about 36 hours ago and he in now receiving all of his nutrition either through his NG tube or by nursing/bottle feeding. He's still in an incubator (Doesn't that make him sound like a chicken or something?), but will probably be moving to an open crib in the next day or so as he is very close to being able to maintain his body temperature without the heat of the incubator. Once he's in an open crib it will be a very short time before he's able to go home. The only thing left after that is making sure that he's able to get enough food from nursing/bottle feeding to keep gaining weight. He's still learing how to nurse, but everyday he's getting a little stronger and a little better at eating.

Keep up the pixie dust and prayers... they seem to be working some miracles. I have some more pictures in the camera and I'll try to get them up soon. Right now I can't keep my eyes open any longer so I'm going to take a nap before I head back to the hospital in a couple of hours.
    Rachel, it is SOOO good to see you here!! I'm thrilled to hear our little Alex is doing so well... we'll continue the and prayers for all of you!!

How's the new house? Did Jym put everything away where it belongs? We need an address....

Don't be a stranger... it's great having you here!

Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    Somehow I don't think thats what Pogo had in mind.
    Probably not...

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    Who would like soup tomorrow? We have yellow split pea and tomato spinach tortellini soup.
    I'll take some of that tomato spinach tortellini... that sounds delish!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    The trip in October is for us, to relax and take it easy, and to go to MNSSHP and the one in Dec, is to be with the JQU alumni. Now if we could figured out how to bring our scrapbooking stuff and have a scrapbooking party, that would be really fun!!! Gilles just told me they only allow so much bagage, so should I tell him he'll have to wear all his clothes at one time...when we fly down there and come back home!!??

He's never played mini golf before!!
    Wow -- that's great!! Too funny about the packing....

Okay - gotta run... just got another pt... see you guys later!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Emily, are we bringing our hipscarves and teaching these guys a few shimmies? I'd love to see Pogo dance. That would make a great picture...him with the two of us doing a few shimmies or would omni's be better?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

pogo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    Pogo, perhaps Di was stumped by the wealth of choices?

Or maybe she has a sore finger and didn't want to whine about it?
    I'm just shocked she was speechless !
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydrmr View Post
    CUE the JAWS theme music!!!
    You can do that to me after I said I love you ????
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    I am going to follow pogo's advice and be happy and thankful that I am alive and enjoying today, Tuesday, even though it is 95 degrees and drippy humid outside.

Pogo, I thought you were playing golf? Are you carrying a computer with you???
    Hey it's not bad in the pool !

I only played nine.
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    Well, if you're referring to the shark's dinner, that would be Pogo, wouldn't it?
    Have the big bad voodoo sisters got to you too ???
    Pogo - how does it feel to be shark bait??
    Not to good..... I can't stop to talk..... gotta swim faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydrmr View Post
    Hmmm.. need a question... Just for you Pogo.. IS IT FRIDAY YET?
    And just for you Diane.... You can't wish your life away !
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast_fanatic View Post
    Oh, there's plenty of stuff to hide under! If you go into the spare bedroom, you may never be seen again! I think that's where Frankie is hiding out!
    Cool..... Hey Frankie.... are you in here.

I put in my request for vacation time today for Dec. 10-15...we can hope she says yes!!! Hopefully, tomorrow I'll get the answer and can book the trip. Are you guys going to be ready to see me?
    Of course we are, silly.
    We're really coming!!! Gilles wants to meet all my crazy friends I keep talking about. He also really wants to see Pogo again, but honestly, I think it's Patti. He thinks it's her and him that keep Pogo and I grounded. Do you believe that, Buddy?
    Nope !
    What's everyone out there doing tonight??
    Just in and out of the pool.... other than that, not much. What are you up too ??
    Last night Alex weighed 3 lbs, 13 ozs. He's still on room air and hasn't needed any oxygen (which is a small miracle for a 7 week premature baby). They took out his IV about 36 hours ago and he in now receiving all of his nutrition either through his NG tube or by nursing/bottle feeding. He's still in an incubator (Doesn't that make him sound like a chicken or something?), but will probably be moving to an open crib in the next day or so as he is very close to being able to maintain his body temperature without the heat of the incubator. Once he's in an open crib it will be a very short time before he's able to go home. The only thing left after that is making sure that he's able to get enough food from nursing/bottle feeding to keep gaining weight. He's still learing how to nurse, but everyday he's getting a little stronger and a little better at eating.
    Thanks for the update ! I loved the pic's..... did Jym really have to wear the mask so he wouldn't scare Alex ????
    Pogo - how can you post so much from the golf course?
    Blackberry !
    Di, you beat me to it!
    You too ????
    Emily, are we bringing our hipscarves and teaching these guys a few shimmies? I'd love to see Pogo dance. That would make a great picture...him with the two of us doing a few shimmies or would omni's be better?
    Emily's away on vacation and that won't ever happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    Emily's away on vacation and that won't ever happen.
    Not even if we give you lots of and ?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    I was just here after lunch and now it's gone bezerk.
    So how's the evening? It's hot and sticky here, wish we had a pool
    Me too!!

Hey it's not bad in the pool !

Just in and out of the pool.... other than that, not much. What are you up too ??

Does anybody have any high octane coffee they'd like to share? Or chocolate mousse with espresso in it? Or maybe just a chocolate shake I could pour a little latte into... anybody sensing a theme here???
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Carol, I'm so excited I'll get to meet you finally!

Rachel, I hope to see Alex at St. Mary's when I'm in Knoxville this weekend. Will they let me peak in the window?

Guesss I'll be driving me rental to Knoxville and back, my car won't be ready till next week sometime.
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Diane, can I come for Popeye's with you? We moved away from our Popeyes and I miss it soo much!!!
    I put in my request for vacation time today for Dec. 10-15...we can hope she says yes!!! Hopefully, tomorrow I'll get the answer and can book the trip. Are you guys going to be ready to see me?
    You know Popeye's is Cajun?? We have a newer chicken down here called Cane's Anyone have one?
    So glad you may be coming in Dec. Can't wait to meet you then...
    Good point!! Is it morning yet???
    So -- I'm at work -- crazy so far, looks like I'm headed up to Labor & Delivery at 11pm, not a lot of staff on tonight. Better get my skates on...
    What's everyone out there doing tonight??
    I just got off the road... usually a busy night flies by... I'm ready to rest... I can work tomorrow...

Hello all... I figured it was time to come out of my shell and finally post on this thread. I've been reading it forever and I figured an update on Alex would be a good way to join in.
    Last night Alex weighed 3 lbs, 13 ozs.
    Keep up the pixie dust and prayers... they seem to be working some miracles. I head back to the hospital in a couple of hours.
    Rachel R.
    Great news about Alex and so glad you posted.. He sounds like he's a real fighter.. So glad to hear he is doing well.
    Oh my goodness... is it Tuesday evening already? I can't believe how the week is flying by.
    Why do I suddenly feel like I've been hijacked on the Great Movie Ride?
    It's always a wild ride when Angel's at the helm... I tried to talk Bobby into letting Angel come in Dec. He said unless he can come too. The more the merrier right??

Carol I can shimmy too. I learned in in New Orleans... is the French kind I suppose, you know from the quarter... I guess it's all the same huh??
    Diane, yes you can get a degree after all this is JQU!!!
    I think I"m back to normal now.... Angel kept stilling my thoughts today...
    So when do we start packing???
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

Rachel, it is SOOO good to see you here!! I'm thrilled to hear our little Alex is doing so well... we'll continue the and prayers for all of you!!
    Do Rachel & Jym know they have to share him?
    Blackberry !
    No thanks, I prefer Strawberries.
    Does anybody have any high octane coffee they'd like to share? Or chocolate mousse with espresso in it? Or maybe just a chocolate shake I could pour a little latte into... anybody sensing a theme here???
    Oooh that ALL sounds good. But I'm just about to open a bottle of wine....
    BTW, our wine will be ready to bottle in about 3-4 weeks. (Course it won't be ready to drink for at least a few months.....do you think we can wait that long?). How long do you think 30 bottles will last?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    Rachel, I hope to see Alex at St. Mary's when I'm in Knoxville this weekend. Will they let me peak in the window?
    Lucky you!! Will you really be able to see him?? That's so cool!!

Do Rachel & Jym know they have to share him?

How long do you think 30 bottles will last?
    I hope so... they will at WDW, let me tell ya!!

Around here?? Not long!!

So, I don't have to go up to L&D at 11pm... I get to keep my postpartum patients and add a few more to the current list. But at least it'll get me out a little earlier in the morning...

What's for breakfast?? (and can someone save me some coffee? I'll be up early tomorrow, and may need a caffeine IV to get going... )
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Rachel & Jym, it's good to here that little Alex is doing so well. Congrats on the new addition.

Quote Originally Posted by MsMin View Post
    goodluck w/ the dr's appt. A late night dip huh? how do you manage the bugs???
    Lot's of tiki torches and believe it or not Listerine sprayed around the pool. We've had great luck with keeping mosquito's away with Listerine.

You don't wanna know...

I'm curious now, hmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    SEE!!! It's not just us up in Canada!!! Harry had a hockey game tonight (they were shellacked!) and has another on Thursday night. It's so weird getting so cold when it is soooooo hot outside!
    It was great today, the temperature was 88 when we went in with a dew point in the low 70's. The hockey rink was so refreshing.

Jeff - did you make it to the Dr for your wrist?
    I did. No broken bones but possibly ligament damage. The doctor put me in a brace and gave me a green light to golf once the pain subsides. She didn't say anything about softball. Can I get clearance from the JQ vet for my softball game tomorrow night?

The kids are in the pool waiting for me, time to cool off.
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    Is the spaghetti sting ray spaghetti?
    spaghetti.

Welcome, Rachel. Glad Alex is doing so well.

Hi again Rachel!!! We'll be sending tons of pixie dust for our youngest JQ member.
    Shall we tell her we've started a JQU college fund for Alex? Right now it's just cookies, but you gotta start somewhere.
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MauiMouse View Post
    Thanks for the update Rachel. Glad to hear that he's doing so well. What a little cutie too! How is mom & dad doing?
    We're doing good... tired of course. It's really hard to get enough sleep because of shuttling back and forth to the hospital. Once he comes home it should be a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    Hey Sister!! Thanks for the update! Alex sounds so good and strong, and he's getting bigger too! and for continued bodaciousness!!! Has Jym unpacked the new house yet??
    Hey sis... I love the plant that you sent me. Any idea what it is? I'm afraid that I'm going to kill it because I don't know how to take care of it. Okay... I'm probably going to kill it even after I know how to take care of it, but once I have some care instructions I can prolong its suffering.
    How's the new house? Did Jym put everything away where it belongs?
    As far as unpacking goes... not so much. The kitchen is starting to come together (isn't that the most important room?) but the rest of the house has a way to go. It's driving him crazy, but I figure it'll get done when it gets done and stressing over it doesn't help.

Thanks for the update ! I loved the pic's..... did Jym really have to wear the mask so he wouldn't scare Alex ????
    The mask was so they wouldn't be able to identify the pantless man running around the hospital.

Welcome, Rachel. Glad Alex is doing so well.

Shall we tell her we've started a JQU college fund for Alex? Right now it's just cookies, but you gotta start somewhere.
    I'd be happy to safegaurd the cookies for him. I promise they'll be safe until he's old enough to eat them.

Blythe and Tink&Goofy (sorry, I don't know your real name) - I sent you a private message with our new address. Does anyone else need it? Those were the only two requests that I saw.

Rachel R.
    7/84 Offsite
    4/87 Day Trip
    10/00 Contemporary
    10/02 Polynesian
    12/04 WL
    3/05 AKL/Contemporary
    5/05 Ft. Wilderness Cabins
    10/05 Contemporary/POR
    12/05 CBR
    5/06 OKW
    9&10/06 OKW/BCV
    12/06 Contemporary
    4/07 OKW
    10/07 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff G View Post
    Can I get clearance from the JQ vet for my softball game tomorrow night?
    Listen, it's your funeral. Boy, that sounded very doctorly didn't it? Actually, if nothing's broken you're probably ok, you'll be sore and it might take longer to heal if you keep using it for "sports" type things.

So Mike and I went to Petco tonight. I could have spent hours in there looking at everything. We kept looking at the salt water fish, they're so pretty. They had these cute little fish that skirted along the bottom and had the funniest little faces, I could have watched them for hours. Mike had to drag me out with dog bones and some fish food. I wanted a lot more though.

So I'm off to bed. Blythe, try to stay awake tonight, sending you some double mocha latte something or other (can you tell I don't drink coffee?) to keep you alert. Take care all
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

I think I may have forgotten a question. What happens if I go two posts in a row without one?
    Ask Alex.

We're really coming!!! Gilles wants to meet all my crazy friends I keep talking about. He also really wants to see Pogo again, but honestly, I think it's Patti. He thinks it's her and him that keep Pogo and I grounded. Do you believe that, Buddy?
    Woo Hoo! Can't wait to meet you!

Hi Rachel! Lots of on the way to Alex (and some to you as well)! I'm glad you decided to join us!

OK, I've done a load of laundry (Robert started a new job last Monday, and he only has 2 shirts so far (the city provides them), so I have to wash every couple of days until more arrive), and loaded the dishwasher, and I wiped down all the countertops in the kitchen and swept and mopped in there, then I also cleaned the toilets, and vacuumed all the carpeted rooms, and pulled a few weeds in the backyard as well. Oh, and somewhere in there I also cooked dinner for myself and ate it. Can I go to sleep now?
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

I knew it.... you are a possum hunter, aren't you ???

maybe i am, does a possum hunter sit in chairs for long peroids, reading a book?? i am a decoy waiting for the possum to walk by me and then i snatch it up. what should i do with a possum after i catch it?

kate
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Wow... go to sleep for a day... I figured by the way it was looking you'd be off into another stratsosphere by now!! Don't any of you have any work to do????

Kate - where'd you go?

Gotta run... the shower's calling my name....
    some of us actually stay off the computer for a while. i went to the movies to get out of the heat and then i finished unpacking. yes the last box has been unpacked. let the celebration begin.

hope your night is better than last. when will i see you again?? (bad song lyrics sorry)

kate
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

It's always a wild ride when Angel's at the helm... I tried to talk Bobby into letting Angel come in Dec. He said unless he can come too. The more the merrier right??
    You were not working hard enough. Getting soft in your old age?
    Carol I can shimmy too. I learned in in New Orleans... is the French kind I suppose, you know from the quarter... I guess it's all the same huh??
    That was not a shimmy, it was a stagger...
    Diane, yes you can get a degree after all this is JQU!!!
    I think I"m back to normal now.... Angel kept stilling my thoughts today...
    So when do we start packing???
    I was stilling your thoughts?

I did. No broken bones but possibly ligament damage. The doctor put me in a brace and gave me a green light to golf once the pain subsides. She didn't say anything about softball. Can I get clearance from the JQ vet for my softball game tomorrow night?
    Listen, it's your funeral. Boy, that sounded very doctorly didn't it?
    I was going to be nice and give you my permission to play.
    When you hurt yourself then I was going to tell you it's your funeral. See, I am the nice one.
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    Hey, birthday twin... why are you going to be at the hospital this weekend? Do not pass GO and most certainly do not pass ADMIT.

I tried to talk Bobby into letting Angel come in Dec. He said unless he can come too. The more the merrier right??
    That would be fun... and Taylor would have to come too! The teens can all hang out together.

spaghetti.
    I'm boring... I like spaghetti.

Well, I guess it's time to go to sleep. G'night, all! (Just sent you a mocha smoothie, Blythe... just like I made at breakfast.)
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Lot's of tiki torches and believe it or not Listerine sprayed around the pool. We've had great luck with keeping mosquito's away with Listerine.
    Listerine? Really?
    If all it took was cookies, we would be in good shape. However, with the oldest going in just 2 years, somehow I don't think the cookies will cut it....
    We're doing good... tired of course. It's really hard to get enough sleep because of shuttling back and forth to the hospital. Once he comes home it should be a lot easier.
    Easier? No, that happens in about 18 years.
    So Mike and I went to Petco tonight. I could have spent hours in there looking at everything.
    An evening date at Petco?
    Our "kitties" (brother & sister) turned one year old today!! (DD13 has been tracking this on the calendar for at least 2 months!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast_fanatic View Post
    OK, I've done a load of laundry (Robert started a new job last Monday, and he only has 2 shirts so far (the city provides them), so I have to wash every couple of days until more arrive), and loaded the dishwasher, and I wiped down all the countertops in the kitchen and swept and mopped in there, then I also cleaned the toilets, and vacuumed all the carpeted rooms, and pulled a few weeds in the backyard as well. Oh, and somewhere in there I also cooked dinner for myself and ate it. Can I go to sleep now?
    I'm tired just reading it! Oh wait, maybe its bedtime....
    Quote Originally Posted by Here we go again... View Post
    That was not a shimmy, it was a stagger...
    A much needed chuckle before I head to bed.

Blythe - I hope your night goes well. You will be heading to sleep about the time I head to work. Have a good night.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: