Quantcast Just Questions: Sanitized for Your Protection - Page 22

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 22 of 57 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    Blythe you have a lovely name it's always been one of my personal faves.
    Thanks! You know, I've had people compliment me on it, and I guess when it's your own name, you just can't hear whether or not it's pretty -- it's just your name. I always wanted to be something more common.... but I have to say, it's always a great conversation starter!

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    Today is Mike and I's sixth anniversary! Time sure flies, I can remember the wedding like it was yesterday, we sure had such a great time.
    Happy Anniversary, Sarah! I hope you guys had a great day... time sure does fly, doesn't it??

Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    One of my coworkers middle name is Blythe.

DD didn't make the cut today. She called me, and actually sounded better than yesterday. I know she had her heart set on doing great, but the competition at that level is intense. She did say she had fun, and thats what matters most.

Ours was yesterday, and we weren't even in the same state.
    Really? I've only met one other girl named Blythe, and she was about 10 years younger than me but lived in the same town... it was weird, b/c I was hearing people say my name, but couldn't figure out why, as I didn't know them -- I'd never heard anyone who wasn't speaking to me say my name!!

I'm sorry to hear your DD didn't make it, but she sounds like a great kid, handling it the way she did, and enjoying herself anyway. That's what it's all about!

BTW, congrats on your anniversary yesterday, too -- -- Dan and I did toast you like I said we would!

So how much can you cram into one day? Lets see...I painted the breakfast nook, cleaned the downstairs, did 6 loads of laundry, went grocery shopping, gave the youngest a bath - and it not even 5:00 yet. Hmmm...maybe I should think about packing, since I leaving town tomorrow....

I'm taking the girls out for dinner - their choice. Since they didn't get to go to Vegas, and I am leaving tomorrow, I thought I would be something fun. I guess I'll have to pack after we get back...
    Wow! You sure were productive! Are you packed yet?? (Have a great trip, if we don't get to hear from you while you're gone....) Where'd you go for dinner?

Okay, I've got to run - a bit more to do before we call it a night and start some relaxing. We attempted to get to the beach today, trying for a break b/w t'storms -- but no luck, they kept the beach closed as there was another storm with thunder approaching, so we just hung out and let the girls play 'til it got really dark and rumbly out there. Then we came home and hung out on the porch while it stormed... I actually love being outside for stuff like that, as long as I'm under cover!!

Just finished making some strawberry-rhubarb crisp - would anybody like some? (Vanilla ice cream, too, if you'd like...)

Has anyone heard from Ellen?? Ellen, if you're out there -- we miss you!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Wow! You sure were productive! Are you packed yet?? (Have a great trip, if we don't get to hear from you while you're gone....) Where'd you go for dinner?
    Ummm...No. But how long will it take to pack? I am planning on bringing my laptop, so if they don't charge my first born for a connection, I'll try to get on. (Course if it was my second born.....).

We went to Red Robin. I had an Apple Walnut Chicken Salad. YUM! It was delish!! So we are home, and I guess I have procrastinated enough on packing. Catch ya later.

Post Thanks / Like

T & G isn't it weird how packing for business takes half of what it takes for fun?

Blythe sorry about your beach time. We had thunderboomers here so didn't try either.

Coffee anyone? I have starbucks gazebo and some organic raw sugar if that helps.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

pogo Guest

Good morning all and Happy Monday !

The weather here was bad.... but not as bad as it was in Blythe's area. We went shopping but didn't find too much. We came home and fixed a Pork Loin Dinner.... yum.... it was good !

Today my plans have all gotten changed as I have to go to the Doctors. I got into a little poison ivy on Saturday and it's not nice.... all over my neck. Anybody want to scratch it for me ???
    DD didn't make the cut today. She called me, and actually sounded better than yesterday. I know she had her heart set on doing great, but the competition at that level is intense. She did say she had fun, and that's what matters most.
    Kudos to you and what's his name for the way you've brought up your DD ! I love hearing she went to do her best and still had fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    Zoop. DW left this morning to take the kids back home. We were just a bit frazzled.
    Be careful Ken.... you remember what MsMin did when she got frazzled a couple of weeks ago.... she had to get her hair cut !

Is it already Monday?
    Yes Sarah... it's Monday !!!!!!
    Just finished making some strawberry-rhubarb crisp - would anybody like some? (Vanilla ice cream, too, if you'd like...)
    Yep......... with the ice cream please !
    T & G isn't it weird how packing for business takes half of what it takes for fun?
    OK..... why do women have to pack four different outfits for each day of vacation, but only one outfit per day for business travel ???

BTW... Happy Anniversary to Sarah & Mike and Cindy and whats his name !

Post Thanks / Like

Hello all,

I don't have time to read the several pages of posts that you guys have made in my absence, so to anyone who needs it and to anyone who needs a pick-me-up.

Pogo- glad to see you're back. Jym and I were worried, but he wouldn't let me call, 'cause he said that you said you needed some time away from stuff... which to a woman means that you need taking care of. Hope that all is well.

Things are going good here. Alex is up to 4 lbs, 4.5 ozs as of his doctor's visit last Thursday. He gets weighed again this Thursday to make sure that he is gaining weight steadily. I can't believe how big he's getting. Doesn't that sound a little crazy? Calling a little over 4 lbs big? Looking back at the photos from the hospital, though, it amazes me how tiny he was the day he was born.

Well, I'm off to sleep. The little man is going to want to eat again in about an hour and a half, so I should catch a quick nap while I can.

Rachel R.
    7/84 Offsite
    4/87 Day Trip
    10/00 Contemporary
    10/02 Polynesian
    12/04 WL
    3/05 AKL/Contemporary
    5/05 Ft. Wilderness Cabins
    10/05 Contemporary/POR
    12/05 CBR
    5/06 OKW
    9&10/06 OKW/BCV
    12/06 Contemporary
    4/07 OKW
    10/07 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    Today my plans have all gotten changed as I have to go to the Doctors. I got into a little poison ivy on Saturday and it's not nice.... all over my neck. Anybody want to scratch it for me ???
    BTW... Happy Anniversary to Sarah & Mike and Cindy and whats his name !
    Sorry about the poison ivy Pogo, that sure is a pain. Just keep the lotion on it and try not to itch even though it's hard. Thanks for the well wishes, we didn't have a great anniversary day, but doesn't really matter to either of us that much!
    Quote Originally Posted by sagessa View Post
    Things are going good here. Alex is up to 4 lbs, 4.5 ozs as of his doctor's visit last Thursday. He gets weighed again this Thursday to make sure that he is gaining weight steadily. I can't believe how big he's getting. Doesn't that sound a little crazy? Calling a little over 4 lbs big? Looking back at the photos from the hospital, though, it amazes me how tiny he was the day he was born.
    Rachel, I'm so glad to hear Alex is getting so "big" Sounds like he's doing really well.

Morning all, time for another Monday. I still can't believe that we already fired the receptionist we had and it's back to just two of us in the office. That always makes Mondays so much harder. Oh well, one up and one down. I'll try to check in later to all. I'm pretty sure I didn't have a question yet, did I?
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

Morning!

Have a great day! I'm off to school, perhaps for my last year....

Wouild anyone blame me?
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

I was a great aunt at the ripe old age of 25 when Will was less then 1 year old.
    I was looking forward to being a great aunt and my niece turned to me and said I'm a great aunt. She was an aunt when she was born. (a step - aunt).
    I don't see any wedding here in the near future.

Deb it's not his B-Day today it's just the first time he's really really slept in. (normally he's up around 7ish or he used to be) Does this mean we need to change our touring style?
    Boy things do change when they get older. It takes mine so long to leave the room. They are up by 6:30 or 7 but it takes a good 3 hours to primp on a good day...
    Its kind of a dusty purple/plum. I finished the breakfast nook area this morning. I was afraid it wood be overwhelming, but it looks great! Course I can hear DH now...."its too dark, its too purple, its too.....". Fortunately he get in really late tonight, and I leave tomorrow for the rest of the week. Did I time that well or what? We'll see what he thinks after he gets used to it for a few days.

DD didn't make the cut today. She called me, and actually sounded better than yesterday. I know she had her heart set on doing great, but the competition at that level is intense. She did say she had fun, and thats what matters most.
    Dusty Plum huh? sounds pretty. Such a tricky color to use. What colors or woodwork/ tile do you have w/ it?
    your dd for me. So sorry she didn't make the cut. I think it breaks our hearts more than theirs sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    It's Sunday and why am I up so early? Could it be the creative bug bit me and I'm in the mood to get some scrapbooking done?
    Scrapbooking? care for a challenge? I need something to get me started..

Has anyone heard from Ellen?? Ellen, if you're out there -- we miss you!!
    Strawberry-rhubarb? sounds delicious... You don't see rhubarb used to often in this part of the country. I love it. Emmmm with ice cream... I see you are helping me to get into my bathing suit
    Good morning all and Happy Monday !
    The weather here was bad.... but not as bad as it was in Blythe's area.
    Be careful Ken.... you remember what MsMin did when she got frazzled a couple of weeks ago.... she had to get her hair cut !
    OK..... why do women have to pack four different outfits for each day of vacation, but only one outfit per day for business travel ???
    you can't scratch poison ivy it will make it spread. I have a lot in my back yard (really poison oak but it all scratches the same)
    It seems to take forever to heal. It keeps on itching and I keep on ......
    Are you making fun of my hair again?
    So Pogo, you can't tell me you want your wife to play, dine and shop all in the same outfit?

Hello all,
    Well, I'm off to sleep. The little man is going to want to eat again in about an hour and a half, so I should catch a quick nap while I can.
    Wow, 4.5 already... they do grow fast.

Hmmm... trying to decide if I should spoil my dd??? She wants to swim w/ the dolphins and looked at the activities and decided it was too expensive. It's 118 per person and I don't think that's too bad. Of course this late I don't even know if they have room. Does anyone think I'm crazy to try?
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

Pogo, sorry to her about the Poison Ivy - OUCH!!!

Today is Mike and I's sixth anniversary! Time sure flies, I can remember the wedding like it was yesterday, we sure had such a great time.
    Happy Anniversary!!!

Its kind of a dusty purple/plum. I finished the breakfast nook area this morning. I was afraid it wood be overwhelming, but it looks great! Course I can hear DH now...."its too dark, its too purple, its too.....". Fortunately he get in really late tonight, and I leave tomorrow for the rest of the week. Did I time that well or what? We'll see what he thinks after he gets used to it for a few days.

The colour sounds beautiful - I am sure he will get over it soon enough...besides, if he really hates it he can repaint it, right?! That is what I always tell my husband because I KNOW he won't take the time to repaint! He really hated the laundry room colour - it is still there though

to your daughter

Zoop. DW left this morning to take the kids back home. We were just a bit frazzled. Our house is not kid-proof, so it takes constant vigilance, especially for the 19-mo. old. I think the dogs are still in a daze. Good thing Abbie came straight from a house full of kids and other pets. She must have known I was talking about her--she just came up to get some attention.

My bachelor dinner consisted of Wally-World fried chicken (meh); home-made salad of lettuce, tomatoes and sliced hard-boiled egg; and fresh sliced peaches. I'm munching on Chips Ahoys now.
    Ahhh...as the mom of a 20 month old...ones home can NEVER be fully child-proofed!!

COOKIES!!! Any chips ahoy left, or were you planning on sharing?

So how much can you cram into one day? Lets see...I painted the breakfast nook, cleaned the downstairs, did 6 loads of laundry, went grocery shopping, gave the youngest a bath - and it not even 5:00 yet. Hmmm...maybe I should think about packing, since I leaving town tomorrow....
    I am exhausted just reading about your day! Congrats on getting so much done and try to have some fun on your business trip.

Glad to hear Alex is growing! If you haven't already, be sure to take his little footprints & hand prints. They grow SO fast! I actually did a cast of Ben's feet & hands at 4 months - I wish I had of done it sooner. They are just precious.

Morning all, time for another Monday. I still can't believe that we already fired the receptionist we had and it's back to just two of us in the office. That always makes Mondays so much harder. Oh well, one up and one down. I'll try to check in later to all. I'm pretty sure I didn't have a question yet, did I?
    Sorry to hear you had to fire your receptionist - I hope your Monday goes well for you though!

I don't quite know what I am going to do with the boys today. It poured here ALL weekend so they definitely need some outdoor time to run around and be crazy. I have already worked on some scrapbooking before the boys woke up, and I should get a little housework done today . Otherwise, nothing really big planned...What does everyone else have on the agenda?
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsMin View Post
    I was looking forward to being a great aunt and my niece turned to me and said I'm a great aunt. She was an aunt when she was born. (a step - aunt).
    I don't see any wedding here in the near future.

Scrapbooking? care for a challenge? I need something to get me started..

Hmmm... trying to decide if I should spoil my dd??? She wants to swim w/ the dolphins and looked at the activities and decided it was too expensive. It's 118 per person and I don't think that's too bad. Of course this late I don't even know if they have room. Does anyone think I'm crazy to try?
    Awe...what a sweet niece you have!

Have you been over to the Monthly Scrapbook Challenge in Mousellaneous? http://www.intercot.com/discussion/s...d.php?t=125127

I think you should try to book the swim with the dolphins - what a great opportunity! And take a lot pictures to scrap it!!!
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

pogo Guest

Rachel R.
    Hey Rachel.... I almost called you guys yesterday to get an Alex update...... thanks for letting us know how well he's doing ! We can't wait to see him.

Get your rest when you can and tell Jym to help out more. Has he changed a diaper yet ??

Sorry about the poison ivy Pogo, that sure is a pain. Just keep the lotion on it and try not to itch even though it's hard. Thanks for the well wishes, we didn't have a great anniversary day, but doesn't really matter to either of us that much!
    Do I need to come down there and talk to Mike ????
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    Morning!

Have a great day! I'm off to school, perhaps for my last year...
    You're already back to school ????
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMin View Post
    Are you making fun of my hair again?

So Pogo, you can't tell me you want your wife to play, dine and shop all in the same outfit?
    I'd never do that ! I've never seen your hair.

Why not ? I do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower View Post
    Pogo, sorry to her about the Poison Ivy - OUCH!!!
    Not fun !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flower View Post
    Happy Anniversary!!!
    Thanks
    Do I need to come down there and talk to Mike ????
    I sure wish you would. Mike thinks anniversaries should be his friends coming over to watch a motorcycle race and then taking me to IHOP! How romantic!! Oh well, they really aren't that big of a deal, one day does not make a marriage, right?

Well here goes Monday, talk to you all later
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Kudos to you and what's his name...

It's served, I even warmed it up, and with ice-cream too... enjoy!!

Yep......... with the ice cream please !

Yeeouch... sorry to hear about that! Did your dr. recommend Ivy Stop? We use it for Julia when she gets into it, as she is allergic and really reacts badly. It comes in a spray bottle and just a little on a Q-tip on each spot really dries it up fast and stops the itch (after a few moments of stinging, she says...) Good luck -- I hope it goes away soon! (and btw, everything I've read about it online and heard from our pediatrician is that you can't spread it by itching, so no worries there...)

You only need on outfit to be bored, but lots for fun!!

Rachel, that is so great -- glad to hear he's doing so well!! How is the feeding going? And just as important -- did you get that nap??

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    Have a great day! I'm off to school, perhaps for my last year...
    I really hope it's just for a meeting... I can't imagine being back in school already!! Our girls don't go back 'til Sept. 3!! I know you guys got out a lot earlier, but sheesh!

How's Monday treating everyone? Mine hasn't been too productive yet, but I'm about to change that.... I've got loads of uniforms from when the girls were in private school to iron and get on E-bay this week, and I'm going to go start, although honestly, I'd rather stick pins in myself than do it... Hopefully, it'll be worth it!!

Okay -- I'm truly loving summer and everything about it -- even with all the weird weather we've been having... but I sprayed a carpet freshener this morning that smells like "country apple" and had some pine incense going and our whole house smelled like fall.... sigh... it's my very favorite time of year, and I'm finding myself really looking forward to it already!! (Call me crazy, I know...) I think it must be b/c last year, I was all nervous about the girls starting at their new school and unsure about all that would hold... and it was our first fall in our new town, and we weren't as familiar w/ the area and all we could do and enjoy here... now that we're comfortable and settled and really loving the school, etc., I'm so much more relaxed, and fall is that much more enticing to me this year!! Anyway... don't worry, pogo, I won't wish my summer away... I've still got too many fun things to look forward to!

Okay, gotta run... no more procrastinating...
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning and happy Monday! I hope today is treating everyone well.

I've been extremely busy the past two weeks and haven't been able to keep up on the posts here. It looks like things did slow down a bit recently. A chance to catch up maybe? I hope everyone is well.

As I was reading the past few posts the weirdest thing happened. I started reading Pogo's post about poison ivy and at the same moment on the radio Dan Patrick started talking about being covered by poison ivy. I've been having connecting things like this happen to me a lot the past few weeks. Very bizarre and borderline freakish.

We had a very nice weekend for 80% of it. On Saturday I helped my dad lay his laminate flooring and then yesterday I had my parents and my brothers family over for a cookout to celebrate my parents birthdays (their birthday's are only one day apart and were this weekend). After a great weekend the wheels fell off last night. My DW & mom were out for a walk and ran into a friend who mentioned that Midwest Airlines is close to bankruptcy and canceled a bunch of flights to Florida. Guess who we are flying with in September? I checked my emails and I hadn't received the email with a canceled flight so I thought I was OK. We'll after an hour of digging there no flights to Orlando on Midwest's itinerary the week we go & it appears that our flight is canceled. We've been trying to call since 7:30 last night to confirm but the line has been busy. We're so stressed. We have 7(my parents are going with us) tickets purchased and paid for. I hope I can get our money back. The worst part of all of this is it's so close to September the prices are up $100 per flight and my cost to fly will go up $620 alone. I had paid $220/ticket with a free frequent flyer that took me 8 years to earn for a total of $880 for my family. The cheapest I can now fly out of Milwaukee is $300 per ticket, because I don't have the free ticket anymore I need 5 tickets which puts my new cost at $1500. We're not sure we can afford to come up with this extra money on such short notice and this may force us to cancel our vacation. The trip has been paid in full for months now. We're in full panic. We have 4 other couples we are traveling with us so if we don't go we are letting a lot of people down who purchased tickets on other airlines to travel with us. I can't explain how stressed I am right now. Since we can't confirm with Midwest we can't buy new tickets and the prices are skyrocketing. Just after I found out last night prices were around $250 and this morning they are over $300 which I assume is because of the demand from Midwest flyer's switching airlines.

To add insult to injury, as I was leaving for work this morning I had a flat on a tire that is in excellent shape (looks like a nail in it) so I had to change a flat and I was late to work.

OK, I'm taking a deep breath. Sorry to vent, I figure if anyone can understand my pain in this ordeal it was here.
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I really hope it's just for a meeting... I can't imagine being back in school already!! Our girls don't go back 'til Sept. 3!! I know you guys got out a lot earlier, but sheesh!
    DD's children are all back to school. They're on a year-round schedule and started their new year Monday after July 4th weekend. Seems odd to have one starting kindergarten in the middle of the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff G View Post
    As I was reading the past few posts the weirdest thing happened. I started reading Pogo's post about poison ivy and at the same moment on the radio Dan Patrick started talking about being covered by poison ivy. I've been having connecting things like this happen to me a lot the past few weeks. Very bizarre and borderline freakish.
    I'm sorry, but did you just call our friend Pogo bizarre and borderline freakish? I think he'd take offense at being called 'borderline'.
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

After a great weekend the wheels fell off last night. My DW & mom were out for a walk and ran into a friend who mentioned that Midwest Airlines is close to bankruptcy and canceled a bunch of flights to Florida. Guess who we are flying with in September?
    Oh Jeff, lots of and for you that everything works out!! That is so frustrating and absolutely stressful. I hope you can figure out a way to make it work, I would hate for you to have to cancel your trip. Keep us posted!!

Is everyone else having a better day? I sure hope so. Mine has been going pretty slow, it's like, come ON, let's get this day over with.
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

pogo Guest

Yeeouch... sorry to hear about that! Did your dr. recommend Ivy Stop? We use it for Julia when she gets into it, as she is allergic and really reacts badly. It comes in a spray bottle and just a little on a Q-tip on each spot really dries it up fast and stops the itch (after a few moments of stinging, she says...) Good luck -- I hope it goes away soon! (and btw, everything I've read about it online and heard from our pediatrician is that you can't spread it by itching, so no worries there...)

You only need on outfit to be bored, but lots for fun!!

Anyway... don't worry, pogo, I won't wish my summer away... I've still got too many fun things to look forward to!
    I just got back from my Doc and he put me on a steroid patch and said to use Benadryl. As far as the Ivy Stop, Patti had already started me on it. The biggest scare is that it is on the side of my neck and face and if it gets infected I'd have to go into the hospital. Can't fool with Cellulitis.

About the packing thing..... I agree an on outfit would be boring.... but a.... never mind. Family friendly !

And yes... there are a lot of things left to do this summer. How's the tan coming along ???
    We had a very nice weekend for 80% of it. On Saturday I helped my dad lay his laminate flooring and then yesterday I had my parents and my brothers family over for a cookout to celebrate my parents birthdays (their birthday's are only one day apart and were this weekend). After a great weekend the wheels fell off last night. My DW & mom were out for a walk and ran into a friend who mentioned that Midwest Airlines is close to bankruptcy and canceled a bunch of flights to Florida. Guess who we are flying with in September? I checked my emails and I hadn't received the email with a canceled flight so I thought I was OK. We'll after an hour of digging there no flights to Orlando on Midwest's itinerary the week we go & it appears that our flight is canceled. We've been trying to call since 7:30 last night to confirm but the line has been busy. We're so stressed. We have 7(my parents are going with us) tickets purchased and paid for. I hope I can get our money back. The worst part of all of this is it's so close to September the prices are up $100 per flight and my cost to fly will go up $620 alone. I had paid $220/ticket with a free frequent flyer that took me 8 years to earn for a total of $880 for my family. The cheapest I can now fly out of Milwaukee is $300 per ticket, because I don't have the free ticket anymore I need 5 tickets which puts my new cost at $1500. We're not sure we can afford to come up with this extra money on such short notice and this may force us to cancel our vacation. The trip has been paid in full for months now. We're in full panic. We 4 other couples we are traveling with us so if we don't go we are letting a lot of people down who purchased tickets on other airlines to travel with us. I can't explain how stressed I am right now. Since we can't confirm with Midwest we can't buy new tickets and the prices are skyrocketing. Just after I found out last night prices were around $250 and this morning they are over $300 which I assume is because of the demand from Midwest flyer's switching airlines.

To add insult to injury, as I was leaving for work this morning I had a flat on a tire that is in excellent shape (looks like a nail in it) so I had to change a flat and I was late to work.

OK, I'm taking a deep breath. Sorry to vent, I figure if anyone can understand my pain in this ordeal it was here.
    Ouch.... I feel you pain. I'd wait it out to see what Midwest is going to do for you. I firmly believe it will all work out. But then again... there not my tickets.
    I'm sorry, but did you just call our friend Pogo bizarre and borderline freakish? I think he'd take offense at being called 'borderline'.
    I've never been borderline in my life !

Post Thanks / Like

After a great weekend the wheels fell off last night. My DW & mom were out for a walk and ran into a friend who mentioned that Midwest Airlines is close to bankruptcy and canceled a bunch of flights to Florida. Guess who we are flying with in September? I checked my emails and I hadn't received the email with a canceled flight so I thought I was OK. We'll after an hour of digging there no flights to Orlando on Midwest's itinerary the week we go & it appears that our flight is canceled. We've been trying to call since 7:30 last night to confirm but the line has been busy. We're so stressed.

Jeff, I am SO sorry to hear this... I sure hope you can get your $$ back! If they haven't filed for bankruptcy yet, you just might be okay... and I sure hope they help out with getting you on another airline if they can't refund your $$! Good luck -- we'll send you lots of to help!!

And as for that flat tire... that just stinks... I sure hope the week takes a turn for the better for you!!!

And yes... there are a lot of things left to do this summer. How's the tan coming along ???
    No tan... as much as I'd like one, I can't fool with skin cancer.... I've had a few "precancerous" moles removed, and just won't take the risk. That being said, I do "bed tan" before I go to Florida, but only b/c I still believe that it's safer than getting burned in that southern sun. Sigh.... plus, we just haven't been out enough... hopefully August will afford us some trips to the beach that July just hasn't delivered!

Okay - back to ironing... Anybody want to help???
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Pogo packing for work goes like this. Cold weather? Business suit. Warm weather? Business suit. Rainy weather? Business suit (I think you may kinda get this now right?)

For fun? See above and requirement for several options in additon to that list. (plus in general no one takes a series of daily photo's of me on a business trip but those photopass guys are really on the ball in WDW).

Jeff I'm so sorry to hear of your problems with the flights. That sounds awful. I hope that it works out for you and soon before you get to stressed about it.

Hi to everyone!
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Hey everybody! I was away from my computer most of the weekend...but I'm caught up. Hi to Michelle - glad to see you around. Happy belated anniversary to Cindy and Sarah........haha separate anniversaries that is. Pancakes sound like a fun way to celebrate - I hope they were yummy . Pogo goodluck with the recovery and don't drive when you're on that Benadryl.....!!! Beth I think you should see if there are any slots open for swimming with .....it's definitely worth a shot and 118 isn't bad at all. Of course I'll miss you while you're gone, your posts are always so nice and insightful hehe! Blythe I know what you mean about the fall and the smells. I'm that way when it comes to pumpkin flavored things, I always make sure to have a can or 2 on hand when I need that kind of "fix"! Jeff that is SUCH a bummer...I agree with Pogo, somehow it's all going to work out. You are going to WDW - have you tried calling them today??? I've got FRESHLY baked sugar cookies with heath bits coming out of the oven.......come and get 'em! (Unless you'd rather raid what's left of Ken's Chips Ahoys )
    EMILY

Now approaching.......Mickey's Star Traders!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: