Quantcast As seen on TV store- Vent

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default As seen on TV store- Vent

My dads birthday is coming up this Friday and over a month ago I ordered Mighty Putty. They always have commercials for it, it wasn't his main gift but I thought it would just be good to have something else just to wrap up. Well I ordered it July 24th and just received it today August 13th. They told me it would take 6 buisness days. Not only was it very late but I contacted there customer service twice to help me track the package (I didn't think it was going to make it here on time) and they ignored both of my emails. I called customer service and since the lines were all busy they didn't even give the chance to hold they hung up on me! I received the Mighty Putty in a regular shipping box loose, all the bottles they come in were dusty and disgusting and there were no receipt. I was going to ship it back but they don't pay for shipping things back so if I did it would cost me $35 +. Don't use the website for as seen on tv!
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the 'heads up'.

I recently had an incident where I ordered a spa part through an online store (am I allowed to name the website?). They lied numerous times, never returned my phone calls, emails, messages, etc. When I did talk to people, they would always lie. I called and left a threatening message about a lawyer....and wow...they called back. Got the product within days.

My issue was the lies. Blatant lies.

Again - thanks for the 'heads up'. And I'm sorry you had to deal with this.
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

Had something similar happen to me a few years back. Not from the as seen on tv store though. If you paid by credit card you can contact them to see if they can do anything for you. You obviously did not purchase loose dirty items and that is what you got. That is deceptive. Contact the company and let them know you are contacting your CC company, if they are a company that cares they will respond to you, if not maybe your CC company will be able to do something for you. Good luck, what a disappointment.
    Next Trip: POP Century...September 16th to September 26th!

Post Thanks / Like

I work at Wal-Mart and they carry a ton of as seen on tv stuff. Including Mighty Putty. So if you can return it, you can purchase there. All that stuff is usually up front on one of the lanes.

Post Thanks / Like

Crazzee is right. Besides telling the company that I was going to talk to a lawyer, I also told them that I had already contacted the credit card company and they were going to investigate it (that's the truth). Like I said ---- we received a call FINALLY and then they sent the item within a few days. But even then, he still lied to us about some stuff.

Good luck!
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

I've been in the similar boat. It was around Christmas one year and being from a family of fishermen I ordered a couple of "lighted minnow buckets" for christmas presents. It seems sooo cool on TV (perhaps I was just sucker to the late night advertising...my brain was asleep but I wasn't).

When it came in it was like one of water bottle dispenser/milk bottle plastic bottle. It had a twisty top with a place for a low watt light bulb. All of it had blobs of silicon on it. A hole was drilled in the top and an extension cord came out (yes... a regular household extension cord). The cord was stripped at the end and two parrot hooks were tied in. You were supposed to hook this up to a "boat battery". UHHHHH...Since they were just plastic bottles and they had cost $60 I was able to ship them back pretty cheap. BUT...I never got my promised "money back refund" even after countless calls to the company.

Thank goodness for Mastercard...they refunded the money.

So much of that...As Seen On TV is in stores now. I'd rather get it there. My general rule is if you can't buy it in a store it's probably so cheezy that they don't want you to see it.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

I saw this product at Kohls yesterday plus they had scratch off coupons for more savings.

Post Thanks / Like

Forget Mighty Putty!! I purchased mine @ Target (wish I would have saved the receipt). I followed the instructions EXACTLY trying to repair a handle on my dresser. The next day I went to open the drawer, the handle fell off!

GMA did a review of products "SEEN on TV", Mighty Putty, plus those 'green bags' got negative reviews!

I feel most of those products are overpriced and not very effective. Next time I'll save my receipt and go for a refund.

Post Thanks / Like

Off-topic, but dd6 thinks that Mighty Putty has to be absolutely the best thing in the entire world LOL She always tries to get us to order it, and we have a hard time explaining that most of that stuff is just garbage.

To OP, I would contact your CC company and see if there's anything they can do for you.
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

I ended up giving it to my dad anyways and it was actually one of his favorite gifts, go figure.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinksmom02 View Post
    Off-topic, but dd6 thinks that Mighty Putty has to be absolutely the best thing in the entire world LOL She always tries to get us to order it, and we have a hard time explaining that most of that stuff is just garbage.
    Oh I had to laugh when I read this. Our DD7 thinks the same thing! When they first started advertising she called it "mighty pighty"! She keeps saying that we really need this. I have tried to explain to her that not everything on tv is exactly as they say even if Billy Mays says so!!
    ~Lisa aka Tinkermom

DVC Member since 05/01

Most Recent Trips:
    12/28/12-1/4/13 OKW to watch our son and his HS marching band on Main Street on NYE!
    7/13/12-7/17/12 Vero Beach & 7/17/12-7/23/12 WLVs

Next up: 5/28-6/12 Vero Beach (Beach Cottage!)/Fort Myers/Treehouse Villas

Post Thanks / Like

I had a similar problem a few Christmases ago with a major retailer. DD only wanted one item from Santa - an Aquadoodle. She saw it on TV, and was obsessed with it. "Santa" looked high and low for them in stores, but they were no where to be found. "He" finally found them on the website for this large company, with plenty of shipping time before the holidays.

Santa ordered the Aquadoodle. There was an e-mail confirmation, with a tracking number for shipping.

As Christmas approached, Santa became concerned that the item had not arrived. He was able to track the package as far as being shipped to a UPS distribution center, but it fell off the face of the earth. There were numerous calls to the large retailer's customer service line, and they were unable to confirm the order, even with their company's confirmation number! UPS couldn't find the package at the distribution center. I have no idea what happened to it. Santa's credit card was never charged, and the item was never received.

Santa ended up frantically shopping the last few days before Christmas, and (amazingly) found an Aquadoodle at Target (thank heavens). DD was thrilled, but only played with it a couple times, and it's now long gone.
    Tammy

8/78, 5/88, 3/90, 3/94 - WDW - Off-Site
    5/86, 7/91, 3/99 - DL - Off-Site
    10/97, 7/98 - WDW - Poly
    7/01 - WDW - Poly - cancer recovery #1
    2/02 - WDW - WL
    7/03 - WDW - Poly - surprise b-day trip
    12/04 - WDW - Poly - cancer recovery #2
    1/06 - WDW - Poly - surprise 6th b-day for DD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MamaStyles View Post
    Forget Mighty Putty!! I purchased mine @ Target (wish I would have saved the receipt). I followed the instructions EXACTLY trying to repair a handle on my dresser. The next day I went to open the drawer, the handle fell off!
    Good to know. I have wondered if those TV ads were too good to be true.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: