Quantcast Online Check-in

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online Check-in

Post Thanks / Like

Default Online Check-in

Hi All,

I seen where someone mentioned something about Online Check-in.

How do I go about doing that?

What are the advantages and disadvantages (if any) to doing it?

Many Thanks!!
    Randy

It all started with a mouse. WD

*85 thru 98 - Offsite
    *Oct 99 - CBR
    *Aug 02 - CBR
    *May 03 - Offsite
    *May 05 - POFQ
    *Sept 05 - POFQ
    *June 07 - Offsite
    *July 07 - Offsite
    *Oct 07 - POFQ
    *Dec 07 - Offsite
    *May 08 - Offsite
    *Sept 08 - CBR
    *May 09 - POFQ
    *Lost count!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You might find this thread helpful (plus it has links to other threads discussing the same subject), http://www.intercot.com/discussion/s...d.php?t=151654
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

I did the online check-in...

Advantage...

No one at the online window, packet was ready and so was my room by 11am.

Disadvantage...

No where to put a room request on the online check-in. Although I faxed a request, I don't think anyone even looked at it. But, our room was fine anyway, and ready at 11am!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

I just used it for our trip in March. They have a separate line for those that checked in online. The other line was about 15 folks, mine was just me. I walked right up to the counter, and my packet was completely ready with everything inside. She asked if I had any questions, I replied no, we were good as we had season passes, and we headed to the park. We didn't have a room as yet, but I called later to get that. It was actually the best room! We couldn't believe how great it really was. I had put that I wanted to be near the food court/pool area. We were. Perfect location. I will always do the precheck in. Loved it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minniemoomoo View Post
    I had put that I wanted to be near the food court/pool area. We were. Perfect location. I will always do the precheck in. Loved it!

Is there an area in the Online Check-in to request a certain room/location?

One of the posters said that there wasn't.

Thanks!
    Randy

It all started with a mouse. WD

*85 thru 98 - Offsite
    *Oct 99 - CBR
    *Aug 02 - CBR
    *May 03 - Offsite
    *May 05 - POFQ
    *Sept 05 - POFQ
    *June 07 - Offsite
    *July 07 - Offsite
    *Oct 07 - POFQ
    *Dec 07 - Offsite
    *May 08 - Offsite
    *Sept 08 - CBR
    *May 09 - POFQ
    *Lost count!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie4me View Post
    Is there an area in the Online Check-in to request a certain room/location?

One of the posters said that there wasn't.

Thanks!
    When I did it back in March, there was a box in which I could type something. I have seen others say that there's nowhere to make requests but I took that box as the spot to make requests. I wasn't making any requests so I didn't put anything in there.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

I just did this for our upcoming trip. As the pp mentioned, I also saw a box where you could type something in. I didn't use it as we are staying at CBR for the first time, and I don't really have a preference where we stay.

One week from today we'll be in the magic!
    Diane

Past trips to WDW:
    12/12 CBR with free dining
    5/10 CBR with free dining
    4/09 CBR couples only trip for 20th anniv.
    9/08 Pop with free dining
    5/07 Pop
    4/05 Pop
    12/04 Pop
    4/04 Pop
    12/02 AS Sports
    4/02 AS Movies
    3/00 Ft. Wilderness Cabins

Post Thanks / Like

Default On-Line Check In

I used this for my last visit. At POP, there was not a separate line for on-line check in. I still had to wait in the mile long line. It did not take quite as long a normal check in when I got up to the desk because my packet was ready. However, I thought that there would be a separate line as mentioned by previous posters. I don't think it saved much time, if any, with the wait in line. Usually, I would not mind the stand in line, but this time I was there for only 2 days and every second was precious! What resorts had a special line for on-line check in?

I was able to check a box indicating if I preferred my room closer to the food court or to transportation. I can't recall the other options but there weren't many and there was not place to type in requests. If I were staying my usual 10 days, I would probably wait and do the normal check-in to make sure I could ask for a room request. I prefer not to get a room that overlooks a parking lot for 10 days.

Post Thanks / Like

has anyone ever did online check in for all star music I am going in august and I want to do the online check in do they have a seperate line for it ?
    Trips To WDW
    WDW-1991-Off Site
    WDW-2001-Off Site
    WDW-2005-Off Site
    Aug 2006 all star movies
    Aug 2008 POP Century
    Aug 2009-POP

April 2010-ASMu
    Aug 2011 all star music

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by motherof4 View Post
    has anyone ever did online check in for all star music I am going in august and I want to do the online check in do they have a seperate line for it ?
    I was just wondering the same thing! Has anyone done this for ASMu yet? I think I'm going to give it a try for our May trip. Don't know how much time it will save us. We're driving so we'll be getting in late when there probably won't be a line. But any time I can shave off between pulling up and getting to our room would be .

Post Thanks / Like

Did the online check in for All Star Sports a few weeks ago and there was a question regarding preferences but all it was was a drop downtype allowing you to choose a crib and something else, can't remember what, but nothing we needed or wanted. No place to request a connecting room or particular building or anything like that. For that reason, I am not sure it is worth doing... unless you are checking in at a typically busy time.
    Sainter
    Oct97 AS Sports/Trop Palms
    Oct00 AS Sports/4 Pts Sheraton
    Oct01 Condo Nov02 POR/Calypso Cay
    Oct 03 POR Nov04 Pop
    Oct05, Mar07, June08 POR
    Mar09 AS Sports, Sept09 POR
    Mar11 Pop/CSR, Jan12 AS Sports
    Oct12 POR/CB, Oct14 OKW
    Sep15POFQ, Oct16 Pop/POR
    Sep17 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Requests for particular buildings, connecting rooms, etc. should be on your original reservation. That gets downloaded to the resort 3-4 days prior to your arrival and it's what the room assignor see's. If the online check in is done, that information is taken and used to update your reservation and finalize your check in.
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Did online checkin March 1 & stayed at Pop. There was a separate line for this. Only one other person in the line. Everything was ready including our room at noon. Quick & easy.
    There were three request options on the form, refrig, pacnplay, or near transportation. I checked the near transportation and our location was perfect. Any other requests should be made before you do online checkin.
    Maybe mods and deluxe resorts have better options for putting in requests other than the three at values.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so far it sounds like some good experiences some bad. It sounds like the biggest advantage is if there is a separate line. So what we need to know from those of you who have used online check-in is how was your experience, and at which resort were you staying. I too am trying to decide if it's worth using for my upcoming July trip. We'll be staying at the WL and hopefully arriving by 10 am.
    Thank you all for your info!
    I Am That Hero!

I'm a Ramblin Wreck from Georgia Tech...

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Hit it.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone used it for the Poly?
    Don't need to watch where I'm going, just need to know where I've been--Mater

Post Thanks / Like

You know, we've never had to wait more than a few minutes to check in at WL (always arriving mid to late morning during summer season) and we look forward to speaking with the CMs on duty. We will also be requesting Flag Family during our stay, so it makes no sense to get in one line, get our "stuff", then get in another line to request Flag Family. We'll be skipping online check-in at WL.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I used it for our trip which is in 6 days, with no problems, so far. We'll see what happens when we get there, staying at All Star Movies.Our traveling companions however, have not used this yet and he has been having extreme difficulty, getting the message, ONLNE CHECK IN NOT AVAILABLE, PLEASE TRY LATER, he called, and they told hiim the same thing, with no other explaination. Has anyone else had this problem?

Post Thanks / Like

bump

Who else has used online check-in? How'd it go? Which resort were you at?
    I Am That Hero!

I'm a Ramblin Wreck from Georgia Tech...

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Hit it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paragon View Post
    I used it for our trip which is in 6 days, with no problems, so far. We'll see what happens when we get there, staying at All Star Movies.Our traveling companions however, have not used this yet and he has been having extreme difficulty, getting the message, ONLNE CHECK IN NOT AVAILABLE, PLEASE TRY LATER, he called, and they told hiim the same thing, with no other explaination. Has anyone else had this problem?
    My daughter had the same problem today when she tried to check in. She called reservations and found out they had the wrong phone number for her. Once she had the phone number correct she was able to check in online.
    Naomi °0°

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nifty48 View Post
    My daughter had the same problem today when she tried to check in. She called reservations and found out they had the wrong phone number for her. Once she had the phone number correct she was able to check in online.
    That's funny, because when I did our online check in, I noticed they had the wrong number listed for us. It wasn't even a number in this state! I have no idea how it ended up on our records. I was able to check in anyway, and I just changed it to the correct number. Weird!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: