Quantcast 09' Healthy Living Club - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations irish1967! What a great accomplishment!

Hang in there TinkerbellT421. The funny games on WiiFit tend to brighten my mood. Have you tried the boxing? The Mii trainer is hysterical! I always laugh too when my Mii gets so depressed when I do badly. Do you have anybody to workout with you? Maybe that will perk you up.

All,
    I need advice for exercises that do not involve twisting the knee. I am trying to stay focused on my diet/exercise plan while I am traveling for work and wouldn't you know, I injuried my knee while getting off the plane the first day of a two week trip! So much for the planning. I messed it up pretty good and went to an urgent care facility to make sure that I was okay to stay on my trip. I will need to get an MRI when I get home just to be sure I didn't tear anything. I should have asked the doctor for exercises but didn't think of it. Any ideas?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yourmagicalguide View Post
    I'm in need of some helpful suggestions...

My problem is that I don't have the extra money to join a gym or buy any exercise equipment (I do have hand weights and a pilates ring, however), and I live in Indiana so it's far too cold and icy to go for a jog outside right now. I do have a few workout DVDs, but I never seem to have the time or the energy to do them...
    Any suggestions?
    Look into "Ten Minute Trainer" by Beach Body Dot Com and Tony Horton. The workouts are only ten minutes long and cover your entire body. It also comes with a nutrition plan that will allow you to burn fat fast when coupled with the workouts. I have been using the P90X workout for two months now and feel so much better, my pants are loose and I have much more muscle definition that I haven't seen for years.

The whole package including resistance bands costs less than $150 - less than a gym membership. At only ten minutes a day, it is easy to make the commitment: Before the kids get up, after they go to bed or off to school, during lunch break at work, before you make dinner, anytime. That was my problem. I couldn't keep up the commitment with no equipment at home and no desire or money to go to a gym. If I can do the one hour a day workouts with my busy life, I am certain that just about anyone can make a 10 minute commitment.

Remember, you are not just doing this for yourself, you are doing it for all those people who depend on you. Your kids, spouse/significant other, etc.
    Officially too many trips to list here!

Post Thanks / Like

Well.

Ninety days have come and gone since I started the P90X routine. I got pretty good results on the first time around. Check for yourself:

Before

Weight: 207
    Chest: 43.5"
    Waist: 41"
    Resting pulse: 80

After

Weight: 195
    Chest: 42
    Waist: 38
    Resting pulse: 60

Those are just the highlights! My arms are bigger, thighs are smaller, but both are stronger and better defined. Stomach has the start of a well-defined six-pack. My stamina is greater.

And I am not done, yet. I intend to do the Doubles routine that is outlined in the manual that came with the package.

I thought I was in pretty good condition to begin with, now I am in better shape and can't wait to get my bike back out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by garymacd View Post
    Well.

Ninety days have come and gone since I started the P90X routine. I got pretty good results on the first time around. Check for yourself:

Before

Weight: 207
    Chest: 43.5"
    Waist: 41"
    Resting pulse: 80

After

Weight: 195
    Chest: 42
    Waist: 38
    Resting pulse: 60

Those are just the highlights! My arms are bigger, thighs are smaller, but both are stronger and better defined. Stomach has the start of a well-defined six-pack. My stamina is greater.

And I am not done, yet. I intend to do the Doubles routine that is outlined in the manual that came with the package.

I thought I was in pretty good condition to begin with, now I am in better shape and can't wait to get my bike back out.
    thats awesome! go you!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizNee143 View Post
    thats awesome! go you!
    Yup. Only another 30 or 40 years to go, and I will be in great shape!

Post Thanks / Like

I've started going back to the gym after at least a 6 week absence after the death of my dad. For now, I'm only going to do cardio, and see how that does before I add weights back in. And, the most positive thing is that hubby is finally going to go back with me tomorrow (his last visit was in early December or late November).

Oh, and even though I haven't lost any weight to speak of in months and months, I was able to buy a smaller size in the pants that bought over the weekend.
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Default Frustrated...

So I joined a gym in January mostly for water aerobics-which I love-3x a week. It really was helping with flexibility and stuff, although not sure I was losing much weight. So guess what-my gym went out of business. It had been open like 20 years too and there isn't another one close enough with a pool. So I guess I am back to walking, which I'm not doing very well at either. Has anyone done weight watchers online??
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Janet, I tried Weight Watchers online for awhile, but I found it really difficult to stick to it as you were technically only accountable to yourself. If I was accountable to myself, I never would have gotten this way in the first place. I got really bad about not logging my foods, I was always a bit confused on some of the rules, and after awhile, I just felt like it wasn't working for me. I also tried eDiets, and came to the same conclusion about it.
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone else here ever tried “The Master Cleanser?” I’m starting today for the 4th time in 3 years. I had pretty good success the first 3 times. Lost some weight, slept great, cleared my mind and was able to concentrate better, just all around felt healthier. Even my eyesight improved.

The cleanse isn’t for everyone, especially diabetics, but I’ve found it works great for me and from what I’ve read, many other people too.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    Has anyone else here ever tried “The Master Cleanser?” I’m starting today for the 4th time in 3 years. I had pretty good success the first 3 times. Lost some weight, slept great, cleared my mind and was able to concentrate better, just all around felt healthier. Even my eyesight improved.
    Before you start I just want to say:

RESEARCH!

There is a lot of information on the web about cleanses, a lot of it is not good.

If you have used a cleanse 4 times in the last 3 years, I think you need to reclarify what your goals are: Are you doing this to lose weight? Are you doing this to clear out undigested food from your colon?

If you are doing this to lose weight, you need to know that there are healthier and more permanent ways of losing weight and feeling better. This is going to sound like a broken record, but:

Exercise.
    Everyday.
    Change your diet to a lower fat, healthier, well-balanced diet. Not for a few days or weeks. But for life!

Exercise does all the things you are looking for in your post. It helps you lose weight, it clears your mind, it helps you sleep better and makes you feel better. As for eyesight - well, I still wear my glasses for reading, but, hey, I'm over 50.

All it takes from you is commitment and an hour a day.

Don't rely on quick fixes for anything, especially health. Don't rely on fad diets, especially those that advocate no-carb or low-carb diets. Change your diet for life - not a few weeks or days. Change your activity level for life, not just a short time

When the diet is done, most people invariably regain the weight they lost, and more!

If you start an exercise regime, stick with it. There are some programs out there that will get you to lose the weight in a short time, but what do you do after the program is over? If you go back to your old habits, you will lose the gains you made and gain the weight you lost.

If you are doing the cleanse to clear your colon of undigested foods, a couple of things are going to happen. Yes, you will lose the weight, because the diet is restrictive and you are cleaning out your bowel. Unfortunately you are cleaning out your bowel...of everything, and I mean everything, including a lot of bacteria that you need in your colon to help you digest the food you eat. Without the bacteria, you will shoot out all the food you eat (making you lose weight) until the bacteria re-establises itself inside your colon.

Another side effect that can and does happen is some cleanses temporarily stop the peristaltic action of your colon, which is supposed to help push the food through your system. Sometimes the peristalsis doesn't restart...ever. Which means you need cleanses all the time and sooner and sooner, just to clear your colon, which a healthy colon does normally without cleanses.

Please, research and think twice. One of my firends at work used this diet. Let me just say a skeleton has more shape than he does. He regrets it now.

Off my soapbox now. Tell me to go away and mind my own business.

Post Thanks / Like

RESEARCH!

There is a lot of information on the web about cleanses, a lot of it is not good.

If you have used a cleanse 4 times in the last 3 years, I think you need to reclarify what your goals are: Are you doing this to lose weight? Are you doing this to clear out undigested food from your colon?

If you are doing this to lose weight, you need to know that there are healthier and more permanent ways of losing weight and feeling better. This is going to sound like a broken record, but:

Exercise.
    Everyday.
    Change your diet to a lower fat, healthier, well-balanced diet. Not for a few days or weeks. But for life!

Exercise does all the things you are looking for in your post. It helps you lose weight, it clears your mind, it helps you sleep better and makes you feel better. As for eyesight - well, I still wear my glasses for reading, but, hey, I'm over 50.

Don't rely on quick fixes for anything, especially health. Don't rely on fad diets, especially those that advocate no-carb or low-carb diets. Change your diet for life - not a few weeks or days. Change your activity level for life, not just a short time

When the diet is done, most people invariably regain the weight they lost, and more!

If you start an exercise regime, stick with it. There are some programs out there that will get you to lose the weight in a short time, but what do you do after the program is over? If you go back to your old habits, you will lose the gains you made and gain the weight you lost.

If you are doing the cleanse to clear your colon of undigested foods, a couple of things are going to happen. Yes, you will lose the weight, because the diet is restrictive and you are cleaning out your bowel. Unfortunately you are cleaning out your bowel...of everything, and I mean everything, including a lot of bacteria that you need in your colon to help you digest the food you eat. Without the bacteria, you will shoot out all the food you eat (making you lose weight) until the bacteria re-establises itself inside your colon.

Another side effect that can and does happen is some cleanses temporarily stop the peristaltic action of your colon, which is supposed to help push the food through your system. Sometimes the peristalsis doesn't restart...ever. Which means you need cleanses all the time and sooner and sooner, just to clear your colon, which a healthy colon does normally without cleanses.

Please, research and think twice. One of my firends at work used this diet. Let me just say a skeleton has more shape than he does. He regrets it now.

Off my soapbox now. Tell me to go away and mind my own business.
    you made some very good points...hope Scar reconsiders..
    i had thought about doing something like that once or twice..but i wouldnt want to go through all that..and especially after some of the stuff i didnt know that you just wrote about..ewww no thank you! people just love these quick fixes!!
    and if it has worked so well for you Scar..why are you on your 4th try???
    in my eyes this is a stupid idea...but to each his own...i guess......
    *bRiTTaNy*
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Tell me to go away and mind my own business.
    Nope, I welcome and appreciate all comments.

My apologies, I should have given more info in my first post.

First let me repeat loud and clear...
    The cleanse isn’t for everyone, ...
    Next let me say with equal clarity... This is not a weight loss diet.

RESEARCH!

Yes, I have done lots of research. In fact it was at least 3 years from the first time I heard about this before I did it. There are also many poeple on the web who have posted thier first person accounts of the success they have had.

If you are doing this to lose weight, you need to know that there are healthier and more permanent ways of losing weight and feeling better.
    My goal is to eliminate toxins from my body, and allow my body to heal in a natural way. I won't go into all the benefits here, there is lots of info on the web for anyone interested. I am not doing this to lose weight, you are correct that some of the weight comes back. That is only natural when you empty out your colon, then begin to eat again.
    This is going to sound like a broken record, but:

Exercise.
    Everyday.

Absolutely, couldn't agree with you more. I try to exercise and eat healthy everyday. I don't, but I try. The only thing is, I don't consider this a quick fix, I consider it an important (for me) part of staying healthy.

I take a supplement called "Probiotics" when I'm finished. It's supposed to introduce "good bacteria" into your system. No problems yet.

I have to admit I've never heard this one, the not restarting part. I will do some research. Again, no problems yet.

and if it has worked so well for you Scar..why are you on your 4th try???
    Who said anything about trying? Trying implies failure. I said I've done it 3 times. I've had success all 3. Until I feel like it is hurting me, or if peristalisis turns out to be a real threat. I will contiune to do it, maybe once a year.

In all honesty, it's not that bad. It's only 10 days, and my body is still getting all the nutrients it needs during that time.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Who said anything about trying? Trying implies failure. I said I've done it 3 times. I've had success all 3. Until I feel like it is hurting me, or if peristalisis turns out to be a real threat. I will contiune to do it, maybe once a year.

In all honesty, it's not that bad. It's only 10 days, and my body is still getting all the nutrients it needs during that time.
    and if you had "success" why must you keep putting your body through this heck! (i would so be using the other word if i could!)

and ifs its not "that bad" why is it so bad? lol..
    with all the health risks and what not..

i just dont get why anyone would want to go through all this.. just to feel "clean"

its bizzare to me..
    *bRiTTaNy*

Post Thanks / Like

and if you had "success" why must you keep putting your body through this heck! (i would so be using the other word if i could!)

and ifs its not "that bad" why is it so bad? lol..
    with all the health risks and what not..

i just dont get why anyone would want to go through all this.. just to feel "clean"

its bizzare to me..
    What do you mean by "putting your body though this heck?" And, (besides that peristalisis thing that I still need to research) what health risks?

The only side effects I've ever had are being a little tired the last few days (physically tired, not mentaly), and having some pretty severe cravings, especially in the first 3 days. Cravings, not hunger. Other than that I feel fine.

BTW, hey neighbor, I'm from Princeton.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

I'm very excited, I've officially lost 19 pounds since November '08.

I know that's not a lot for that time period, I'm taking it slow because an all out diet never worked for me. If I go into it to fast I always give up about 3 months in and gain everything back. Each month I've been added another couple of goals to achieve while keeping the ones I've done in the past. This month my goals are to get to the gym 3 times a week, only have one can of soda a day, and only have an unhealthy dessert once a week.

I wanted to put the dessert thing in this month because of summer coming, and ice cream is wonderful, lol. I have found those skinny cow ice creams. Anyone else try them? THEY'RE AWESOME and only 150 calories and usually about 2 grams of fiber per sandwich.

Anyway, I hope everyone is having success with their diet goals this year so far. Keep it up everyone!
    Also cute and fluffy!!!!!
    Blue punch-buggy, no punch back!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I started to do Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. I'm on day 7 and can already notice results! My arms are beginning to look toned and my clothes are feeling looser. The first few days were almost unbearable, but I've noticed that my endurance is improving and the workout is getting easier. I'm also doing 30 minutes on the elliptical machine each day. My goal is to look good for graduation in a month!
    --- Brittany

Disneyland annual pass since 1994, but I've never been to Disney World

Post Thanks / Like

I just found this post and have gone through and read of your trials and tribulations and successes! It is always good to have a support system in place when trying to attain a healthier lifestyle and lose weight. As for me I jointed Weight Watchers 11 weeks ago and have lost 22.5 lbs and am thrilled with that. For some reason, I feel determined to do this THIS time. But I've got a lot to go, at least 90 more so I try not to think of the total but to work towards 10 lb goals. But my ultimate goal is to go to WDW 100 lbs lighter! Good luck to everyone!
    Sandy G.

First Vacation Trip-DXL, August, 2000
    Last Trip-Yacht Club December 2017
    Next Up-The Swan December 2018
    Many In Between

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sgdisney View Post
    I just found this post and have gone through and read of your trials and tribulations and successes! It is always good to have a support system in place when trying to attain a healthier lifestyle and lose weight. As for me I jointed Weight Watchers 11 weeks ago and have lost 22.5 lbs and am thrilled with that. For some reason, I feel determined to do this THIS time. But I've got a lot to go, at least 90 more so I try not to think of the total but to work towards 10 lb goals. But my ultimate goal is to go to WDW 100 lbs lighter! Good luck to everyone!
    Great success so far! Keep going and you will make your goal. Remember that diet works really well with an exercise program that can be designed specifically for you. Don't let anyone or anything or yourself get in your way. See your goal, reach your goal!

Post Thanks / Like

I just started a diet and excersise plan at the end of April. I go to the gym 5 days a week, 2 days of weight training and 3 days of cardio. I cut my calories back to between 1300-1500 a day, and cut out all soda, limit my "white" bread intake, and up the amount of water I drink.

To date I have lost 25lbs. I have a long way to go, and will not reach my ultimate goal of 140lbs until next year. I am hoping to be down 70lbs by the time we go to Disney at the end of October.

Honestly this has been the hardest thing I have ever done, but I am determined this time to get to my goal. My DH and I have vowed to excersise (in addition to walking) every other day while we are on vacation. Not sure my kids will like it, but it is a promise we have made to each other. We both want to "eat" while we are in the world, and feel like the extra workouts will allow us to do that and not get into too much trouble

Kristine----Mom to David and Kassandra
    Oct 2005 DVC Members SSR
    Jan 2006 SSR
    OKW Oct 31-Nov 6 2006 shhh its a secret
    OKW May 11-15 2007 Me Time
    OKW Sep-Oct 2007 Family X-mas Gift
    DCL Jan 2009 1st cruise (just DH and I)
    Next up Oct-Nov 2009 Land and Sea

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinktude View Post
    I just started a diet and excersise plan at the end of April. I go to the gym 5 days a week, 2 days of weight training and 3 days of cardio. I cut my calories back to between 1300-1500 a day, and cut out all soda, limit my "white" bread intake, and up the amount of water I drink.

To date I have lost 25lbs. I have a long way to go, and will not reach my ultimate goal of 140lbs until next year. I am hoping to be down 70lbs by the time we go to Disney at the end of October.

Honestly this has been the hardest thing I have ever done, but I am determined this time to get to my goal. My DH and I have vowed to excersise (in addition to walking) every other day while we are on vacation. Not sure my kids will like it, but it is a promise we have made to each other. We both want to "eat" while we are in the world, and feel like the extra workouts will allow us to do that and not get into too much trouble
    Sounds like you have a great plan. Keep at it. You will make it. Just keep pushing. Think how much better your knees and other joints will feel when you lose all that weight. Not only will your muscles and joints not have to support all that weight, they will be stronger and more flexible and could support even more weight. Don't neglect stretching and flexibility in your program.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: