Quantcast Disney Dining Plan-Help From People Who Have Done It.

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Dining Plan-Help From People Who Have Done It.

Hi there,
    I have been to Disney a few times, but I have never dined on site other than the odd counter service.
    I would like to know what your to 6 places to dine are. My plan would to be:
    2 days Magic Kingdon
    2 days Epcot
    1 day Studios
    1 day Animal Kingdom
    I would love some input as this part of the trip is something new to me and I have to book this weekend.

Thanks in advance
    Have you ever looked beyond today, into the future?
    Picturing a world, we've yet to see.
    The wonder of finding new ways,
    that lead to the promise of brighter days

Dead Men Tell No Tales

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Our family favourites:

MK - Crystal Palace Breakfast
    Either Tony's for dinner, or take the monorail to the GF for 1900 Park Fare.

Epcot - Rose & Crown & Biergarten

DHS - No Where!! If we have to eat somewhere it would be 50's Prime Time Cafe (although, we usually add another meal at Epcot instead).

AK - Tusker House

There are so many good places to eat, and you'll get lots of ideas here on Intercot. A good thing to do is to review the menus in InfoCentral, and pick places that sound yummy to you.

Enjoy your trip
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Our family's favorites are:

'Ohana (great family food & fun)

Crystal Palace (for breakfast before the park opens)

Teppan Edo (@ Japan in Epcot)

Sci-Fi Dine In (campy atmosphere and good burgers, shakes & onion rings)

Flame Tree BBQ (only counter service but good)

Rose & Crown (good food and great view of Illuminations)

California Grill (great food and great views)
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

It would help to know if you're planning dining for a family that includes children or for adults only.

At the Magic Kingdom, I might look at dining in the nearby resorts. For children, I'd choose Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge or O'Hana's at the Poly. For adults, I might choose Kona Cafe at the Poly or California Grill at the Contemporary. For both adults and children, I'd look at Hoop De Doo at Fort Wilderness. If you want to stay within the park, I'd go with the Plaza Restaurant or Tony's for adults. With children, I'd look at Cinderella's Royal Table or Crystal Palace.

In Epcot, I'd choose Le Cellier and San Angel Inn. With children, probably Coral Reef and Teppan Edo.

At Disney Studios, I'd definitely choose The Brown Derby for adults. With children, I'd gravitate toward Sci Fi Dine In or 50's Prime Time.

For Animal Kingdom, I'd travel over to Animal Kingdom Lodge to dine at Boma's (particularly with kids) and Jiko's for adults.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Our faves are:
    Ohana dinner
    Chef Mickey's dinner
    Chefs de France
    Boma
    Le Cellier
    50's Prime Time Cafe
    Sassy2000

Prior to 2007 off site
    Oct 07 AS Music
    Apr 08 AS Movies
    Dec 08 CSR & POR
    Feb 09 Pop

Nov/Dec 09 CBR &AKL
    May 10 CSR
    Oct 10 Poly!!
    May 11 AS Music
    Oct 11 AKV & BWV
    Feb 12 AKV
    Feb 13 POR Royal Room

Post Thanks / Like

2 days Magic Kingdom-
    I would say Tonys for dinner and Liberty Tree for lunch
    2 days Epcot-
    LeCellier and Teppan Edo
    1 day Studios-
    I would choose between 50s Prime Time or Sci Fi (both really for the experience)
    1 day Animal Kingdom-
    Without a doubt, Yak and Yeti...It may be one the best at Disney World...
    Amy
    80 Camping șoș
    89 Offsite șoș
    05 ASM șoș
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR șoș

Post Thanks / Like

here is mine and dw input:
    MK- The Plaza for lunch and if you have park hopper or going to leave after dinner then i would goto Ohana's if no park hop and your not going to leave after dinner then Liberty Tree

Epcot- 1st choice is an obvious one and that's Le Cellier and the second would be Tutto Italia with Rose & Crown right behind it

DHS- 50's Prime Time, so much fun and very homey type food.

AK- Yak and Yeti

Hope this helps

Victor
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/06(asmo- mighty ducks)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    03/10(boardwalk)free upgrade
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    10/11-(asmu-country+7 day west carib cruise)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Post Thanks / Like

Our favorites are:

Magic Kingdom: Crystal Palace & OHana (take the monorail to the Polynesian)
    Epcot: LeCellier & Marrakesh
    Studios: Either Mama Melrose, Sci-Fi Dine In, or 50s Prime Time
    Animal Kingdom: Yak & Yeti
    Disneyland 91
    Caribbean Beach 02
    Aulani 23
    ASMu 03
    ASSp 04 05 06 07 15 16 17
    Boardwalk 22
    POP 04 05 06 08 09 10 11 13 14 15 20 21 22
    Kidani Village 18
    Grand Floridian 18
    Polynesian 19 23
    Saratoga Springs 20
    Old Key West 20
    Wonder 08 10 12 17 18 19
    Magic 22
    Dream 13
    Fantasy 15

Post Thanks / Like

magic kingdom for us always consists of Crystal Palace and Chef Mickeys since it's so close
    epcot - Le Celier was awesome and then kinda pickem no other country or other restaurant is a must for us
    sudios - kids love the sci fi
    animal kingdom - go over to animal kingdom lodge and do boma
    can't wait for December!!!
    5/97-offsite 2/99-AS Sports 12/99-AS Movies 12/01-AS Sports 4/03-Disneyland 12/04-Port Orleans Riverside 5/05-Beach Club 12/06-AS Movies 10 yr anniversary 12/09-AS Movies-1st trip for our Princess 11/13-Port Orleans Riverside 9/14-AS Music - Night of Joy 2/16 - Caribbean Beach - senior trip

Post Thanks / Like

Our Favorite TS Restaurants:

Magic Kingdom
    **Just hop over to Poly and eat at OHana

Epcot
    **Teppan Edo
    **Le Celllier
    **Rose & Crown

Animal Kingdom
    **Yak & Yetti
    1990 & 91 - Off Property
    1992 - Contemporary
    1993 thru 96 - Poly
    2002 & 03 - Poly
    2006 - Poly
    2009 - Pop Century & Grand Floridian

2014 - Beach Club for my daughter's first trip!!

Post Thanks / Like

This is my families fav's:

MK
    Not a real fan of TS in this park we rather 1900 Park Fare at the GF or 'Ohana's at the Poly
    CS-Pecos Bill

Epcot
    Le Cellier
    Teppan Edo
    CS-Sunshine Seasons

DHS
    Hollywood and Vine

AK

Yak and Yeti and Tucker House for breakfast are good but we prefer the CS here
    CS-Yak and Yeti and our favorite Flame Tree BBQ

Also love Wolf Gang Puck Express in DTD. It is a yummy CS.
    Yacht Club May 2015
    AoA Holiday 2013
    Pop Century May 2012, July 2011, May 2008, and May 2006
    All Star Music Sept 2007
    All Star Movies May 2006
    Many Trips as a Child Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Swan, Dolphin, and Board Walk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Horizon One View Post
    2 days Magic Kingdon
    2 days Epcot
    1 day Studios
    1 day Animal Kingdom
    I would love some input as this part of the trip is something new to me and I have to book this weekend.
    Our favorites are:

Magic Kingdom: Tried Crystal Palace and Tony's - not impressed. So we take the monorail to the Polynesian and LOVE Ohana and Kona for table services. For a counter service, Columbia Harbour House

Epcot: Le Cellier (Canada) and Rose and Crown our fav's so far. But I hear Teppan Edo is great too (we'll try that next). For lunch, we use our snack options that come with the dining plan to eat samples from the food kiosks. That is enough to fill us up!

Studios: 50's Prime Time is great entertainment and good home cooking. Mama Melrose's was good to - if you are in the mood for Italian.

Animal Kingdom - the best counter service is Flame Tree and for table we like Tusker House

Hope this helps! Have fun and let us know what you decide!
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Horizon One View Post
    Hi there,
    I have been to Disney a few times, but I have never dined on site other than the odd counter service.
    I would like to know what your to 6 places to dine are. My plan would to be:
    2 days Magic Kingdon
    2 days Epcot
    1 day Studios
    1 day Animal Kingdom

Thanks in advance
    For Epcot, i recommend Teppan Edo, Le Cellier, and Rose & Crown. Cape May at Beach Club is a great choice near Epcot.

I havent tried any of the MK or AK restaurants. This board seems to highly recommend going to Ohana or one of the MK resorts for restaurants.

I dont like any of the DHS restaurants. I would go to Epcot or one of the Epcot resort restaurants instead.
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

Only six?

OK, I'm going to give you the short review for table service places I've been and you can decide for yourself.

MK:
    • Crystal Palace - I've been here for Breakfast and it's very good. I can't remember ever being here for lunch of dinner but if I had, it's been so long I don't remember. Usually go for breakfast.
    • Tony's - Been a LONG time since I've been here so can't recommend or tell you to avoid.
    • Liberty Tree Tavern - Family style table service. Was here for dinner at least once but a long time ago. I remember it being very good.

Places near MK:
    • 1900 Park Faire at GF: Went here for the first time on our last trip for dinner and the food was AWESOME! Highly recommended.
    • Ohana's at Poly: Went here one time for dinner and it was very good. Look forward to going again some time.
    • Kona Cafe at Poly: It's tradition for us that we go here for breakfast once every trip for one reason: TONGA TOAST! So heavenly! Never been for other meals.
    • Chef Mickey's at Contemporary: I've been here for breakfast a few times and it's probably my favorite breakfast buffet at WDW. Haven't been for lunch or dinner that I can remember.
    • Whispering Canyon at WL: The atmosphere here is a lot of fun. I probably love this place for one thing: BOTTOMLESS MILKSHAKES! Food is good, though. Neat place.

Epcot:
    • Garden Grill at The Land: I've only been here once but we really liked it. Food was very good and the restaurant spins!
    • Coral Reef at the Living Seas: The atmosphere is neat but I find it very expensive and not worth the money.
    • Le Cellier at Canada: Everyone raves about this place but I ate here once and wasn't overly impressed. Maybe after all the glowing reviews on this board I had my expectations too high, but I didn't think it was as special as everyone else on this board says it is.
    • Rose & Crown at UK: We had a bad experience here waiting to be seated and then waiting to get our food but the food itself was very good. If you go, just hopefully you'll have been service than we had.
    • Tutto Italia in Italy: I haven't been here since they changed but we used to love this place. One of my favorites way back when, but I can't speak from current experience with the new management.
    • Chefs De France in France: I have to admit it's been quite a while since I've been here and maybe my pallate has matured, but I was never a fan of this place. Too fancy for my tastes.
    • San Angel Inn in Mexico: Went here once for dinner. I liked what I had but my wife hated it and we won't go back because of that.
    • Nine Dragons in China: I went here once for dinner YEARS ago and remember it being good. Of course my parents paid for it and now I wouldn't go. I like my Chinese food cheap and preferably in buffet form. I can't suggest because of the cost.

Near Epcot:
    • Big River Grille & Brewing Works BoardWalk: Went here once for dinner many moons ago and thought it was very good, what I had.

Disney Hollywood Studios
    • Sci Fi Dine In Theater: I don't care what anyone says, I love this place. I think I've only been for lunch and it's perfect for that. My only complaint: We've never been seated quickly.
    • 50s Prime Time Cafe: A really fun place and good food, too. Can't wait to take my kids here.
    • Hollywood & Vine: Unimpressive. I've been here for breakfast and dinner and don't think we'll be going back.
    • Brown Derby: Went once or twice back in the day because my Mom loves the place. Just not my type of place. Too expensive and fancy.

Animal Kingdom:
    • Tusker House: STAY AWAY! Had a TERRIBLE experience here and didn't like the food at all. Others will tell you otherwise. I'll never go back.

Near Animal Kingdom
    • Boma at AKL: Went here for breakfast one time. VERY Good. Want to try it for dinner some time. We were planning to our last trip before we decided to do Tusker House instead.

So those are some quick reviews/suggestions. These are only table service places, too. Enjoy yourself, whatever you pick, and let me know if you have any questions.
    Gawrsh

1979 - Polynesian Village
    1988 - Treehouses
    1990 - Treehouses
    1997 - Disney Institute Villas/Yacht and Beach Club
    1999 - Disney Institute Villas
    2001 - Carribean Beach
    2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
    2007 - Pop Century
    2010 - Offsite/Port Orleans Riverside
    2014 - Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry to have what is likely to be a stupid question, but what the heck is Yak and Yeti?

I looked at Info Central under AK and AKL for restaurants and didn't see it listed...!?!!??!

I don't remember it at all. THANKS!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swampfox28 View Post
    I'm sorry to have what is likely to be a stupid question, but what the heck is Yak and Yeti?

I looked at Info Central under AK and AKL for restaurants and didn't see it listed...!?!!??!

There is a Yak & Yeti counter and table service in the Animal Kingdom. I just sent you a private message with more info.
    Hope this helps!
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

Is it new? I've been to WDW twice (most recent trip was over 2 years ago) and NEVER saw the place... I'm feeling bewildered!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

Is it new? I've been to WDW twice (most recent trip was over 2 years ago) and NEVER saw the place... I'm feeling bewildered!
    It opened November 14, 2007. It's chinese food over in asia near the kali river rapids.
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

First, there is no such thing as a stupid question when it comes to WDW Dining !

Second, no need to go anywhere else to look at the Yak and Yeti menu as we have it here under menus in Info Central (at the bottom of the Animal Kingdom section). And as many are concerned how current the menus are, our Yak and Yeti menu is more recent than other sites (I transcribed it for our site) .
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

i would make a point to go to ohana's no matter what else you do. also some other tips with your dining plan:
    - you can use it at most of the bakeries and as long as you do not get a drink or pay for the drink seperatly it only counts as a snack credit. a cinnamon rool from main street bakery at MK is a amazing breakfast.
    - you can get a malt or smoothie with your meal instead of a soda. the smoothies are great if you have been walking in the heat and looking for something to help cool down.
    - at the food court of the value resorts you can get a large pizza for two counter services. this is a good way to save them if you begin to run and possible feed more than two people if you have kids.
    i hope this helps and have a great time!
    Keep telling yourself that, darling.

'91 Cont.
    '98 AS Music
    '01 Off site
    '03 AS Music
    '04 AS Sports
    '07 Carr. Beach

'09 Pop

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: