Quantcast Fantasyland Refurb: It's Official! - Page 10

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I love and not-love this idea! I think that the addition of more space into Fantasyland would be great! Especially with another table service restaurant!
    Here are the buts...
    • I think that the reason that Dumbo is sooo popular is due to it's highly visible location and non-threatening appearance. Kids can't get through Fantasyland without seeing it and it is soo open that the young ones love it. If they move it all the way back to where the train station is at, I think that demand is going to drop! Think of Alladin's Magic Carpets in Adventureland - I know it gets busy, but never to the degree that Dumbo does.
    • I am questioning the placement of a Cinderella attraction outside of the castle. It would seem odd to go somewhere else to experience the story.
    • It does seem a little girly as of right now, and I am DEFINETLY not a Tink fan - I think she sets a bad example to little girls as she is spoiled, vindictive, and a nasty little sprite, but that is just my opinion ....anyways...this can be solved by simply incorporating Peter Pan, the lost boys, and maybe even Captain Hook and Mr. Smee into the Enchanted Woods. That way it becomes an experience that the entire family can do together - which is why Walt built DL to begin with.
    • I think that taking Mickey out of the park would be a mistake. The Judge's tent was the best way to make sure you saw him while at MK. The character meet & greets on Main Street are nice, but they get so crowded and hot during the summer months! It's nice to have a covered, air conditioned area to meet the characters.

I would like to officially second the idea for a villain meet & greet where Belle's story time is at if it gets moved. I used to be REAL good friends with Captain Hook when he was in the Villain's Room at Toontown and it was great! Fun for the guests as the interaction was completely different and it was hilarious for us as CM's. The location is great and I could see it getting really spooky in the evening and after dark...imagine Hades with light up flames peeking around the corner at you as you walked those paths!!!!
    It is my dream to one day pilot the monorails around the Seven Seas Lagoon....where's my star!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by antngoof89 View Post
    I believe the World has a lot of change that is ready to be put in place and that possibly, since the 40th is coming up, some things may surface as a teaser just to see what us Disney freaks will think before making the plans go through.
    Actually I think they were leaked to counteract the bad press at WDW if you really want my opinion. It made people stop focusing on the Monorail accident, bus accident, the molestors at Typhoon Lagoon, Yeti problems, etc. It certainly drew all the attention away from these negative aspects that were not only being discussed here on Intercot but throughout the Internet Disney Fan Community. I think it has very little to do with our opinions.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfun View Post
    [*]It does seem a little girly as of right now, and I am DEFINETLY not a Tink fan - I think she sets a bad example to little girls as she is spoiled, vindictive, and a nasty little sprite, but that is just my opinion

Toontown-Duckburg-Starland-Mickey's Birthdayland has only been around (in its MANY incarnations) since 1988 (for Mickey's 60th B-day). The Fab 5 were around before and will be around somewhere in WDW even if they decide to improve the area. Personally (other than Pixie Hollow) I think it would be nice to have that many more rides and interactions with so many characters.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

I have also been to DL earlier this year for the first time and Toontown there is much better. I know the movie is older but them having a Roger Rabbit ride was the coolest thing, or how bout getting the Pinocchio ride like DL has..let's remember the classics that helped create these parks and stop with the current fads of Pixie hollow and everything else.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phlip78 View Post
    I have also been to DL earlier this year for the first time and Toontown there is much better. I know the movie is older but them having a Roger Rabbit ride was the coolest thing, or how bout getting the Pinocchio ride like DL has..let's remember the classics that helped create these parks and stop with the current fads of Pixie hollow and everything else.
    I still want to see Wonderland... And I am thinking that may be a very real possibility... Especially with the Barnstormer becoming a Chershire Cat coaster and the tea cups not too far from there... just remove Indy Speedway and there ya go...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

At this point though it is still all speculation. As far as we know, they could be making more CM parking over there. Guess we will see soon enough.

D
    It's gonna be the future soon
    I won't always be this way
    When the things that make me weak and strange get engineered away
    -Emil Bleehall - Adventurer of the Year!

Next Stop... MNSSHP Oct. 2011! Oh boy here we go!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dmosher View Post
    At this point though it is still all speculation. As far as we know, they could be making more CM parking over there. Guess we will see soon enough.

D
    shhhhh

the secret plan called for more manager parking since it was lost when Space Mountain's refurb started...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I have not commented about this rumor yet because I wanted to think about it and see if I really didn't like it or if I didn't like it simply because I don't like change. I have to say that the idea is growing on me. I have only been to WDW twice, but I have already grown attached to the way fantasyland looks. And it does make me a little sad that the fantasyland that my DS saw for the first time may not be the one my DD sees on her first trip. But I know time moves on and things have to change to stay current. After seeing these plans and hearing what others think, I came up with a few changes that I would like to see made. Now, I'm not sure if any of this would actually work or not, but I thought it sounded good on paper . *I do understand that this is a rumor, but it's one I could speculate all day about, so here's my .*

• I like the Princesses in fantasyland. It's a good fit since the castle is there. I think they need to make it look sort of like a wooded area as you pass through the castle wall and you take this path to see Belle, another path for Aurora, etc. so that each wooded path leads to an open clearing that is themed to each princess (whether a ride or meet and greet). That would also tie into the pixie hollow area that could morph into the enchanted forest for the fairies. Does that make sense?
    • I'm not sure if there is any unused area to the left of the Belle area across from Peter Pan, but I think a "playzone", for lack of a better term, over on that side that has a facade that looks like a pirate ship would be good for little boys and it would sort of tie in with the Peter Pan theme. Somewhere indoors where, like Ian said, boys could have sword fights and roughhouse without the "cootie-ridden girls" . There could be multiple levels that the kids could jump on and off of (made of some sort of cushioning material so they don't get hurt if they land on their bottoms instead of their feet); there could be rope ladders and rope swings to go from one platform to another and sword fights all around (without being excessively agressive with the thrust and pary of the swords ). They could also have characters like Peter, Captain Hook and Mr. Smee come in and play as well.
    • And since they may be putting in a new restaurant or two, they should make one of them an adventure character restaurant (I hesitate to say villians because smoe kids may be happier with peter pan than captain hook).
    • I think the others who suggested using the current Belle's storytime as a villian meet and greet had a great idea. The step mother and step sisters use that area now, but they could easily go in the Cinderella area in Fantasyland.
    • And I don't think they should remove the Barnstormer completely. They could move it to where the speedway is now, and put another kiddie coaster where the barnstormer is that is themed to one of the other areas around it. I know some people are going to be thinking "Not another kiddie coaster!", however not every child is ready for BTMRR but LOVES barnstormer (my DS is one of those and my DD may turn out to be one as well), so another kiddie coaster would add some variety for them.
    • And they need to leave Voyage of the Little Mermaid in DHS and put a little mermaid ride in that area.
    • They have to find a good permanent place for Mickey and Minnie to do greets in MK if they are taking away toontown. After all, it all started with a mouse.
    • Don't get rid of Mickey and Minnie's houses! My DS loved them and told his sister all about them so now she has to see them too. Move them to DHS and expand on the Playhouse Disney theme they have going over there. Isn't there undeveloped land around DHS?
    • Change the speedway to CARS and move it to DHS. Don't make it a copy of what is in DCA, add some new elements to change it up a little.
    So, how far into the blue sky am I ? And even if I were planning a trip during the construction period and they told me fantasyland would be closed (or mostly closed) I wouldn't complain a bit. I'd rather they close it and get the construction done rather than dragging it out piece by peice. But that may just be me .
    °O° Cassandra °O°

Beach Club 4/07
    Caribbean Beach 2/09

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBabies View Post
    I'm not sure if there is any unused area to the left of the Belle area across from Peter Pan, but I think a "playzone", for lack of a better term, over on that side that has a facade that looks like a pirate ship would be good for little boys and it would sort of tie in with the Peter Pan theme.
    Well, looking at the Blueprints, the area you're seeing mostly encompasses the eastern side of Fantasyland, leaving the area containing Philharmagic, Peter Pan's Flight, and it's a small world untouched for the most part. The area directly to the left of the Belle area is about a 20-foot drop off and the main entrance into the utilidors, so nothing could conceivably be built there especially considering anything not directly touching a walkway in that area is essentially backstage.

Nice ideas though.
    Visits: Too many to count!

College Programs: 3

What's next? We'll see...

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy sad

Personally, It will be sad to me see Toontown disapear, I used to be a Toontown Cast Member..
    WDW: 2006 September , 2005 July, 2001 September, 1998 May,1991 February
    DLP: 2007 November,2007 October, 2007 August

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Renata View Post
    Personally, It will be sad to me see Toontown disapear, I used to be a Toontown Cast Member..
    I just don't want there to be no trace of Goofy in the parks. He's my favorite. The removal of toontown could be the removal of the fab five to a bunch of kids. It'd be a shame

Post Thanks / Like

Truth be told, the Fab Five kinda hit the dust a few years ago, in my opinion. It seems Disney has went for the Princess/Pirate theme, and now onto Pixie Hollow, leaving Mickey fighting for camera time.

Don't get me wrong, I know a lot of people still think of Disney World as where Mickey lives, etc etc., but getting rid of Toontown probably won't effect the Fab Five at all. I liked Mickey/Minnie's homes, but with nothing to actually interact with, they kind of let the purpose die.

I like all the new ideas according to this blueprint. I wonder though if this all comes into light, what will they do to bring back the Fab Five into play? Would we only get to see them in parades and character meet-n-greets?

Also, what exactly does Pinnochio's Haus do? Am I missing something? Is that the same building as Skyway used to be housed in? Can't they use that building for something? Or is that a part of the renovation?

All in all, Disney is going in a better direction. I'm excited!

Post Thanks / Like

Pinnochio Village Haus is CS restaurant in-between IASM and Toontown. It's not in the same building as the Skyway. The Skyway building is on the west side of IASM, while the Village Haus is on the east side. Nothing is being done with the old Skyway building. The stroller parking is next to it.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

If these plans are real and Toontown will be removed, it feels like Disney has forgotten Walt's most quoted saying, "It was all started by a mouse".
    4 trips from 83-85 Buena Vista Palace
    6/90 CB
    12/91 CB
    6/93 DL
    6/94 DL
    2/95 DL
    12/95 WL
    11/96 Disney Institute
    5/98 DL
    5/00 DL
    11/02 ASM
    9/04 PO RS
    5/05 PO RS
    11/05 Off grounds
    5/06 PO RS
    5/07 PC
    4/08 PC
    11/08 PC
    10/09 PC
    Coming 4/10 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coneygoil View Post
    If these plans are real and Toontown will be removed, it feels like Disney has forgotten Walt's most quoted saying, "It was all started by a mouse".
    I have to disagree. Toontown was an add-on area. It was originally was Mickey's Birthday Land then Mickey's Star Land, and finally Toontown. The Magic Kingdom and Disneyland never had any special land for Mickey, Donald, Et Al. Those characters were in the park and they were everywhere.

Toontown as it is in the MK is rather dull and boring. I mean, I enjoy it and I go there each time but that does not mean it is an exciting place.

If the expansion of Fantasyland means taking up that space then I can see no problem with it. Mickey Mouse and his friends are not leaving the parks. To be honest, I think the characters would be better served being in the whole park and not just a dull land in the back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RBrooksC View Post
    I have to disagree. Toontown was an add-on area. It was originally was Mickey's Birthday Land then Mickey's Star Land, and finally Toontown. The Magic Kingdom and Disneyland never had any special land for Mickey, Donald, Et Al. Those characters were in the park and they were everywhere.

Toontown as it is in the MK is rather dull and boring. I mean, I enjoy it and I go there each time but that does not mean it is an exciting place.

If the expansion of Fantasyland means taking up that space then I can see no problem with it. Mickey Mouse and his friends are not leaving the parks. To be honest, I think the characters would be better served being in the whole park and not just a dull land in the back.
    Even so, if they wanna get rid of something that is dedicated to what started the park and the company.

If the company is willing to not have anything dedicated to the parks imagine what the chances are people will see those characters and have no idea who they are, especially with there being no push of new cartoons with the gang.

It's rather sad really.

Post Thanks / Like

I really am excited about this, I really like most of these ideas. With the popularity of the princesses and tinkerbell I think it makes sense to expand upon this in Fantasyland. As far as Mickey and the gang go, since they are so universal, they would really fit in anywhere in MK, so maybe they will be relocated elsewhere in the park and fit in with whatever is the theme of that land.
    Also, I too think that their presence should be expanded at the Studios. The Playhouse Disney show is okay but I think it would be great if they actually had a real Mickey's clubhouse that the kids could play in and Mickey and the gang could meet and greet there as well.
    I think Dumbo works well in the area with the train because the circus is synonymous with train travel. The train is a big part of the Dumbo movie so it makes sense to have Dumbo near the train.
    I'm looking forward to more news on this
    come visit Sam's memorial site
    http://sam-wood.memory-of.com

Sponsor the Celebrating Sam Team and help us Light the Night again in 2007!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by antngoof89 View Post
    Even so, if they wanna get rid of something that is dedicated to what started the park and the company.

If the company is willing to not have anything dedicated to the parks imagine what the chances are people will see those characters and have no idea who they are, especially with there being no push of new cartoons with the gang.

It's rather sad really.
    Well, my son is three and he LOVES Mickey Mouse. He barely knows any of the cartoons like I knew when I was child but knows the characters from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. He lives for that show and knows the characters even when he sees them in the old Mickey Mouse shorts.

That land was created in 1988 as a place to celebrate Mickey's Birthday. There was no sense in removing the land after it was built, so the name kept being changed and the idea tweaked until we have what is there now. The land now is rather dull. Yes, the houses are neat but once you have seen them there is no sense in seeing them again and Mickey's house, for all intents and purposes, is just part of the queue for the Judging Tent. They could keep Donald's Boat, rethemed, of course, and retheme the roller coaster. But the expansion of Fantasyland would be a better perk for the MK and then allowing the characters to be spread out in all the lands would better serve them.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. For those of you who have never been to Disneyland in Anaheim, the Toontown at MK is a pale imitation of what it could be. The one in Disneyland is a much more all-encompassing land. Even Mickey's House is considerably more impressive at Disneyland. I wouldn't be sad to see MK's version go.
    Visits: Too many to count!

College Programs: 3

What's next? We'll see...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Meeting Mickey

If Toontown goes away how will masses of guests get to meet Mickey?

The adults here do understand the setup at Mickey's house made it possible for Mickey to magically be several places at the same time, don't we?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: