Quantcast Waiting for the Next Bus - Okay or Not? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

No problem. But YOU would have gotten MY seat if I was on that bus!
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

No way is that rude! You were doing the right thing and I'm so sorry that bus driver made you feel bad about it. He was in the wrong.

We have to wait for the next bus if there's standing room only because my DD9 gets horribly motion sick if she's standing. Better to wait a little longer than have her throw up on someone!

And if my DH and I had been on that bus, you would have been offered one of our seats or we would have put the girls on our laps if they weren't already so you and your DS could sit. No way would we have let you stand.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I cant imagine a guest or cast member objecting to you stepping aside and waiting for the next bus. On our last trip, my DW was largely wheel-chair bound (for a 12 day trip) and I or whichever boy drew "pushing duty" were ready to SIT when the day was done. We would gladly wait at a park or FtW for the "right" set of seats to come along. I think you are not only in the right, but clearly so. (and polite, to boot).
    Disney nut and obsessive Disney vacation planner
    DVC owner at Old Key West and Polynesian Village Resort
    Proud Disney dad who isn't ashamed to be the Goofy to my kids and the Beast to my Belle
    Have stayed at: Ft W; CBR; POFQ;PORS;DLH; DL Paradise Pier; and Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

We do this all of the time...I would never consider it rude. I do what works best for my family and their needs. Sometimes there are needs that cannot be noticed to others just by looking.
    Off-Site several times between 1983-1992
    1993-Grand Floridian
    1996-Poly
    1998-Poly
    2001-Poly
    2004-Pop
    2008-Pop "First MNSSHP"
    2009-Coronado Springs" MNSSHP"
    2010-Pop Century "MNSSHP"
    Next Trip 10/01/2011 MNSSHP !

"Now approaching carousal of progress."

Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry the bus driver made you feel bad. I am sure the people behind you would have been thrilled had you waited for the next bus. Also, as a side note, there have been times pregnant woman have gotten on the bus that I would have gladly given them my seat, but quite often I am so far back, and have millions of people standing in between us that half the bus would have to unload and reload to give them my seat. Keep in mind this is a family destination. Sometimes the buses are so full of babies being held, elderly people who should not stand due to safety reasons, and pregnant women that eventually some of them have to stand. It definitely should be their perogative to wait for another bus.
    WeLuvBuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WeLuvBuzz View Post
    Sometimes the buses are so full of babies being held, elderly people who should not stand due to safety reasons, and pregnant women that eventually some of them have to stand. It definitely should be their perogative to wait for another bus.
    My thoughts exactly! I went there knowing full well I might have to stand on buses at some point, just like I'd have to walk and stand in ride queues, and that was fine by me or else we wouldn't have booked those trips! However, like you said, I assumed that if we wanted to wait for seats on another bus, we would be able to. I'm glad you all have cleared up that it is okay to pass up a SRO bus.

I've been to Disney enough times to know that that driver was the rare exception; I've never encountered a rude cast member before or after him, thank goodness. We had left Epcot just minutes before the park closed that night with EMH, so by the time we reached the bus stop, it was probably just about closing, but there were plenty of people in the park when we left, it's not like we had closed the place down ourselves. My FIL had told him we'd wait for the next bus, and that is when the driver loudly told him that this could be the last bus and it would be very inconvenient if they had to send a bus just for us because we wouldn't board one ready and waiting. If I'm not mistaken, by the time all the guests have cleared out of a park, it's probably at least 45-60min after closing that the last bus has run, so not sure why he'd think we were the last guests there right at closing! We most certainly were not - guess he probably got even crankier as the night went on!
    May 1990 - Fort Wilderness
    August 1996 - Fort Wilderness
    August 2001 - All Star Movies
    May 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside (honeymoon)
    Nov 2004 - Disneyland, CA
    Sept 2005 - All Star Sports
    May 2008 - All Star Music
    December 2009 - Pop Century
    May 2011 - Pop Century

Only about twenty-five miles away from the most magical place on Earth
    Post Thanks / Like

The bus driver that snipped at you must have been having a bad day.

I do not find that rude at all, if anything, I find it polite to let the people behind you board.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely not rude at all! People did that when we were there in June, and they let everyone go ahead who wanted to stand, which we did because usually we just want to get to the parks and don't care about sitting or standing.
    "Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. But always dress for the hunt!" Kungaloosh!

"Happy are those whom the Muses love."

Post Thanks / Like

Just one comment
    Never let anyone push you into a situation where you are uncomfortable.
    Ever.

Howell, MI (Detroit) - 1176 miles from the Wilderness Lodge
    Post Thanks / Like

We've done it once where there was just no way in heck that my wife and I were going to stand with our 3 kids on a packed bus from Animal Kingdom to the Wilderness Lodge! So we stepped aside and let the people behind us board...nobody cares...and if they do...they need to get a life!
    Up Next:
    1/2016 - VGC - Disneyland

1996 - Off Site
    1998 - Off Site
    1999 - FW Cabins
    2000 - ASM
    2000 - FW Cabins
    2001 - ASM
    2002 - Wilderness Lodge & Fairy Tale Wedding
    2004 - ASMu
    2006 - VWL
    2007 - CSR
    2008 - SSR
    2009 - VWL
    2011 - POR & BWV
    2013 - AKL - Kidani
    2015 - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jillluvsdisney View Post
    Why would that be rude? No is forcing the people behind you to get on a SRO bus. If the next guests don't want it, somewhere down the line someone will want to get on. Don't let the driver's "snippiness" factor into your decision.
    I think you just had the bad luck to get a rude bus driver...and I certainly wouldn't allow that one jerk to color your WDW experiences going forward. Why should the driver or anyone else care if you wait for the next bus?!
    EJ in Houston

3-16 -- Port Orleans Riverside
    11-12 -- Pop Century
    11-11 -- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    11-09 -- All-Star Sports
    11-07 -- All-Star Sports
    11-05 -- All-Star Sports
    09-95 -- Off Property
    3 prior visits as a child beginning in '72 -- Polynesian/Contemporary Resorts

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what I find more disappointing...the bus driver's reaction or the fact that nobody, man or woman, would offer a seat to a pregnant lady.

I guess I'm just old school...
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

We were there last month and waited for another bus quite a few times with no problem.

Our 5 year old daughter has a fractured ankle and is in a Cam walker (boot/brace from toe to knee). She is only partial weight bearing. Long story short, even though our stroller was marked as a wheelchair, the drivers would ignore us waiting to board at the back of the bus (which we were told to do). Since it was pretty busy, there were quite a few times that the bus was standing only. Since she could not stand, nor could I hold her, we waited for another bus almost everytime.

No when had a problem with it and I would not hesitate to do it on future trips. I hope you have a great time!
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: