Quantcast Jon & Kate Plus 8 - Page 39

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone watch last night's episode? I thought it was another lighter/tension-free episode. The pudding painting was pretty funny!
    --- Brittany

Disneyland annual pass since 1994, but I've never been to Disney World

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by citizensnoopy View Post
    Did anyone watch last night's episode? I thought it was another lighter/tension-free episode. The pudding painting was pretty funny!
    Yep i watched and i have to say i agree again. It is so much nicer now without the drama and tension.

I forgot to mention last week, i loved when they were at the beach and joel was standing on the beach and the water was flowing back towards the ocean and Joel said "I'm surfin! I'm surfin! Look!" haha too cute
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

șoș "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" șoș

Post Thanks / Like

It seems like it is getting back to being a little lighter but I am ready for the seperation talk to be over with...On with the kids...
    Amy
    80 Camping șoș
    89 Offsite șoș
    05 ASM șoș
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Default Um ... now its Kate plus 8 ...

I just saw a tag on google that the show will be re-named Kate plus 8 in November, for what it's worth.
    Journey into your...Legoź Imagination Center
    If you can dream it...you can build it!

Still journeying & dreaming for over 30 years now to new vacation destinations & WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. Jon was fired from the show, its all over the internet just check out any gossip site.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    Yep. Jon was fired from the show, its all over the internet just check out any gossip site.
    Are you serious?!?!? SWEET!!! I can't stand the person who he has become, or at least the real person he always was but now he isn't faking the "good jon" persona anymore. Glad they got ride of him. I gotta go find the articles about that!

BTW. I think the show is better in the episode's without Jon, Kate is much more relaxed and the kids seems more relaxed and seem to be having more fun also.
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

șoș "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Minus Jon, It’s ‘Kate Plus 8’
    By BRAIN STELTER
    The New York Times Company

TLC said on Tuesday that it would remove Jon Gosselin’s name from “Jon & Kate Plus 8” and reduce his role on that rocky family reality show, three months after the couple said they were separating.

“Kate Plus Eight,” which will adopt the new title on Nov. 2, amounts to an image makeover for Kate Gosselin, the Pennsylvania mother of eight. The retooled program will focus on “Kate’s role in the family and her journey as a single mother building the next chapter in her life,” the cable channel said in a news release.

In the spring “Jon & Kate Plus 8” had a surge in viewers amid accusations of infidelity and marital tension. On a special episode in June the Gosselins announced that they would separate, drawing a record 10.6 million viewers to TLC.

Since then their bitter breakup has played out in excruciating detail in the celebrity press, forcing TLC and the show’s production company, Figure 8 Films, to refashion the series. The two parents have taped segments for the show separately, and ratings have sagged.

“Given the recent changes in the family dynamics, it only makes sense for us to refresh and recalibrate the program to keep pace with the family,” Eileen O’Neill, the president and general manager of TLC, said in a statement. “The family has evolved, and we are attempting to evolve with it; we feel that Kate’s journey really resonates with our viewers.”

TLC said Mr. Gosselin would appear on the show “on a less regular basis.”

The family had committed to a 40-episode season before the separation was announced. About 25 new episodes are still set to be shown under the contract.

“Kate Plus 8” may not continue after the current season, but TLC indicated that it saw a future for Ms. Gosselin at the network. Ms. O’Neill said on Tuesday that the channel was developing an unspecified “Kate project” for next year.
    šš*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

GOOD. Adios, Jon.

Hard to keep a show family-friendly and feel-good with his antics these days.
    1998 CSR with family
    2000 DLR with family
    2002 CSR with family
    2004 WL grand gathering
    2006 day trip with boyfriend day after Christmas
    2008 BWI with family and boyfriend
    2009 21st B-day in Epcot with an assortment of family and friends :)

Post Thanks / Like

i think its soo stupid..you cant get rid of the dad..hes there dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i could care less what he does in HIS life..hes still the father..he should be there!
    hopefully...after the season is over..they wont come back..and everyone can stop worrying about there lives and get back to there own to crictize (sp?)
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

I actually never liked Kate (neither did my DH). She is so whiny and bossy, and downright rude. I had never heard a wife who sniped at and belittled her husband as much as she did. I always felt sorry for Jon. I'm so sick of how everyone is trying to make her into a saint. No wonder Jon tuned her out and yelled back at her. She deserved it!

Let's not forget...they pretty much did the show for the money. I mean, come on...I hope people don't think they did the show so America could be a part of their family. It's all about the money. I think the marriage was doomed from the start of the show. I'm sure they needed money after having 8 kids, and the show was the perfect way to do it. Imagine the stress of 8 kids, jobs, having a camera crew camping out with you a lot, fame, Kate traveling a lot to promote HER books...it can tear down a lot of marriages. So, they get over $1M per season for the show, but they paid a high price for it.

I know Jon hasn't been a model citizen, but the press can REALLY make a person look like a monster when they aren't. I honestly feel he's getting a much bigger bum rap than he deserves.

I can't believe they "fired" the father of 8 children from the show. I think it's ridiculous.

I've actually never really watched the show until I heard about the separation. Adds a lot of insight to the old episodes, so now I tend to watch them.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SurferStitch View Post
    I actually never liked Kate (neither did my DH). She is so whiny and bossy, and downright rude. I had never heard a wife who sniped at and belittled her husband as much as she did. I always felt sorry for Jon. I'm so sick of how everyone is trying to make her into a saint. No wonder Jon tuned her out and yelled back at her. She deserved it!

Let's not forget...they pretty much did the show for the money. I mean, come on...I hope people don't think they did the show so America could be a part of their family. It's all about the money. I think the marriage was doomed from the start of the show. I'm sure they needed money after having 8 kids, and the show was the perfect way to do it. Imagine the stress of 8 kids, jobs, having a camera crew camping out with you a lot, fame, Kate traveling a lot to promote HER books...it can tear down a lot of marriages. So, they get over $1M per season for the show, but they paid a high price for it.

I know Jon hasn't been a model citizen, but the press can REALLY make a person look like a monster when they aren't. I honestly feel he's getting a much bigger bum rap than he deserves.

I can't believe they "fired" the father of 8 children from the show. I think it's ridiculous.
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto to the above posts.

I'm a little disappointed in Jon getting "hooked up" before the divorce is final...but...

Kate was really mean to him. In front of a world on top of it. I can only "imagine" what she was like at home when the cameras were off. I know she's been known to be a bit rude to other people too (I remember the guy that gave her that cute little pink scooter...she referred to him on TV as "sweaty" or something like that...uhhhh...not polite...remember "Thumper's Rule").

I think the press prints soooo much "sensationalism" these days and so much less real fact. Who knows what the real truth is. Who knows if Jon isn't putting on a big "act" to get Kate on America's good side by being the "bad guy". Then too...who knows if Jon didn't just "snap" after being belittled for so long.

I thought I read too that Jon's asked to postpone the divorce for 90 days.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Let's not forget last season, Jon did not want to return. He has said numerous times that he does not want anything to do with the show...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thrillme View Post
    I thought I read too that Jon's asked to postpone the divorce for 90 days.
    Uh, yeah, probably because he is still entitled to half of Kate's earnings and she's about to sign a deal with Paula Dean for a talk show. $$

Quote Originally Posted by LauraleeH View Post
    Let's not forget last season, Jon did not want to return. He has said numerous times that he does not want anything to do with the show...
    If he was really not wanting to do anything wiht the show he probably would have been less eager to rake in the big bucks.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    If he was really not wanting to do anything wiht the show he probably would have been less eager to rake in the big bucks.
    Oh, I'm not saying he did or didn't want any of that...but he mentioned quite a few times during the last season finale that he wasn't interested in doing it anymore. Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SurferStitch View Post

I've actually never really watched the show until I heard about the separation. Adds a lot of insight to the old episodes, so now I tend to watch them.
    Double Ditto. And on top of that, Kate is playing everyone for some sweetheart person that she supposedly is, when she already showed her true colors. Would never watch her talk show and don't even watch this show.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

Kate is no saint, I don't deny that. But if I had to deal with John for 10 years, I probably wouldn't be either. I honestly think the childish behavior we are seeing from him recently has always been there, just well hidden for the show. He's just turned out to be gross.

Post Thanks / Like

After seeing numerous interviews/appearances/news articles about both Jon and Kate, it is my belief that the only honest and sincere people in this family are the kids.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    Kate is no saint, I don't deny that. But if I had to deal with John for 10 years, I probably wouldn't be either. I honestly think the childish behavior we are seeing from him recently has always been there, just well hidden for the show. He's just turned out to be gross.
    Ha....I thought the same exact thing, but the exact opposite...

If I were Jon, and had to put up with Kate for 10 years, I'd probably want my freedom and youth back and would act out now.

I think Jon had a lot of fun with his kids, and not in a childish way, but in a child-like way. There is a difference. Jon liked to be like a child when he played with his kids, whereas Kate was always a real stick in the mud. She always wanted to do fun stuff, but the moment a kid got a drop of melted ice cream on them, or a little grass stain, she had an aneurysm and yelled at Jon about it.

I remember what an idiot she made of herself in WDW when the kids were trying to eat ice cream with the princesses. She allowed them to have ice cream in the heat, then freaked out when they got messy.....DUH!
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry, but IMO John is a child. If he doesn't get his way, he throws a fit.

That said, I wish they'd (TLC) do the right thing and cancel this show altogether. Those poor kiddos.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: