Quantcast Parking @ park before check in

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Parking @ park before check in

I am flying down to the World and a friend is joining me there (driving). I will be at AK 1st thing in the AM - won't have checked in yet...she is meeting me there & then staying with me. I am not planning on checking in till later in the day

My question: I don't want her to have to pay to park. Is the reservation confirm enough? Even if I check in I won't be able to get the parking pass to her.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ginny57 View Post
    I am flying down to the World and a friend is joining me there (driving). I will be at AK 1st thing in the AM - won't have checked in yet...she is meeting me there & then staying with me. I am not planning on checking in till later in the day

My question: I don't want her to have to pay to park. Is the reservation confirm enough? Even if I check in I won't be able to get the parking pass to her.
    I am not 100% sure, My guess would be no. Because at the booths they only ask to see your parking permit, So I am guessing they wouldn't have a whole list of every reservation# for the whole property's hotels. So I think you would have to pay for parking unless you have the parking permit from the resort.
    If I am incorrect I am sure someone will come along and give you the correct info. But that is just my guess
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

șoș "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" șoș

Post Thanks / Like

My guess would be no as well. I'd be inclined to go ahead and check in at your hotel. More than likely you won't get a room, but you'll get your card key and your parking pass. I think you can check in anytime after 6 AM (I've done it as early as 8:30AM)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by King Triton View Post
    My guess would be no as well. I'd be inclined to go ahead and check in at your hotel. More than likely you won't get a room, but you'll get your card key and your parking pass. I think you can check in anytime after 6 AM (I've done it as early as 8:30AM)
    I agree. Just check-in when you get there...I can't think of any reason why you wouldn't. If for some reason you can't I would look into getting reimbursed for the parking after you come back from the parks. Not sure if they do this but it wouldn't hurt to ask.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

I know my DW and I have to check in before we can go to the park. We reserve everything thru MJ and have to check in to get our park passes. If you have done the same, you will have to check in so you can get your park pass.
    Foshe's
    Aug 2-11, 2014
    Sept 21-26, 2013no kids allowed
    June 2-9, 2012
    dec 20-26,2009
    July 11-17 2009, DEC21-25 2008,
    July 13-18 2008, Aug 6-10 2007
    July 2006/ French quarter
    July 2005/ Yach club
    July 2004/ POP (familys first trip)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone....I have my pass so I don't need to check in and was hoping I could go straight to the park since my room won't be ready that early anyway.

Oh well....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ginny57 View Post
    Thanks everyone....I have my pass so I don't need to check in and was hoping I could go straight to the park since my room won't be ready that early anyway.

Oh well....
    Even if the room won't be ready, you can still check-in. You'll get your room keys (with charging privy's if you want), the parking pass, etc. You can give them your cell number and they will text you your room number when it's ready if you want, that way you won't need to wait in a long line again.

Post Thanks / Like

The cell phone calls never came to us last week when we checked in. We had two rooms we were waiting on and finally called them.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

I would be willing to say they would let you park for free, especially if you have all your paper work that shows you are staying at the resort and you can just show it to the parking CM. If they say no, then turn around and go to your resort
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: