Quantcast Proposing in 3 weeks at WDW - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts were of the Rose Garden or in front of her favorite ride. Here's an idea that will probably be vetoed by about everyone but, at night IASW is practically deserted and you can usually get a boat to yourself (especially if you let the operator know what is going on). It's dark, has background music, and would be semi-private. Only problem is no photopass photographer. I really just wanted to thank you for taking the time to figure all of this out and make it special for her. As someone who has not had the best of luck in the romance department its nice to know there are still guys like you out there!
    ºoº Tiffany ºoº

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Superzeus84 View Post
    My girlfriend would probably kill me if i did it during a parade or during a show with lots of people around. I think it will be best to do it at the Magic Kingdom on the first day we are there.
    With that being the case, what are some of her favorite things at MK? There are many things that you can come up with. Knowing some of the things she likes, we can come up with some good ideas.

With going to the extreme out, here are some ideas (because the castle is partially FUBAR'd for your plan):

1. Get Cinderella's horse on the carousel and propose while she is on it.

2. Inside the Cinderella's Castle, locate the golden spike thing that represents the dead center of MK. Point it out to her, get down on one knee there. This will at least take out the refurb on the outside.

3. Splash Mountain: Get in the front, pull the ring out right before the big drop. This way you have the picture from the ride, the proposal, and the drop all in one.

4. On the RIverboat. If a Disney photographer cannot be there, you could find someone on the riverboat with a camera. I am sure they would not mind it and can do it candidly. Most, if not anyone, would be more than willing to send you the pics afterwords.

5. I do not know the store names, but the ones on Main Street that have items that are only over $10,000 (a slight exaggeration). Go into the store, look at all the extravagant gifts there. It will be semi-secluded. When you are in front of the $25,000 Crystal Castle, get on one knee and propose there. Plan this with a photographer so they can sneak in there to snap pics for you.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

This might work...DH did it for a BDay of mine. He made us a ressie at Akershus and since the waiters are in costume, arranged for one of them to bring me an arrangement from the Disney Florist. It was a silver tray with roses, a glass slipper and a tiara. The most perfect moment!!!
    Another one could be...When you go to meet Mickey at Toon Town or in Character Connection @ Epcot, or even Sorcerer Mickey @ DHS, have Mickey Kneel Down for the photo and you kneel down and you both (Mickey and you) offer her the ring.

You could also go to the contemporary rooftop to see the MK fireworks and propose there.

I like the carriage idea as well.

A Fireworks Cruise would be perfect as well.

Lastly, you can make like you are going to put something back in the room and leave the ring on her pillow @ the hotel.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!
    Jenny 1976
    DVC-BLT-Members 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    The Castle's Rose Garden might still be relatively unaffected by the work done, or it might be closed.

Does she have a favorite ride or land? You could think of something in her favorite area. If pictures weren't an issue, I would suggest maybe the magic carpets (Symbolic. I can show you the world...). Or at the end of Pirates, near the treasure room. Or outside Space Mountain in Tomorrowland. Marriage is a lot like Space Mountain, a wild ride in which you can't see what's coming, but lots of fun and you can get through it together.

Or have you considered the countries in Epcot? On the bridge with the Eiffel Tower in the background? Or near the koi pond in Japan? There are so many possibilities.
    Unfortunetly Splash Mountain is both of our favorite rides......and it is down for a refurb while we are there. I was thinking abouting doing it on Splash before i heard it was being refurbed. She really loves the Haunted Mansion too.....but i dont know if thats the right place.
    May 2009 CSR
    Febuary 2010 CBR
    Next Trip HoneyMoon May 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tink#64 View Post
    I have to say that I just LOVED BigRedDad's ideas! What a hoot and vey original!

But if she'd be more comfortable with a more intimate setting, if you can find any place around the castle, that would be nice. Also I've read about the hot air ballon ride at DTD. ? DIfferent! Are you going to Epcot? So many pretty & perfect places for photo op locations there! What about during a boat ride, particularly at night, maybe from the Wilderness Lodge, in time for the viewing of Wishes from the lake? We did this a few years ago, we had just watched the Floating Electrical Pageant at the WL & then boarded the boat to MK & it was a magical viewing of Wishes! Could be very romantic! Good luck & Pixie Dust to you & yours! Please let us know what you do and surprised she was!
    I love the hot air balloon ride idea at DTD. That would be really pretty.
    May 2009 CSR
    Febuary 2010 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I Just came up with another idea but it isnt at one of the parks. Maybe.....I could order a Limo for pickup at Orlando Airport and have the chaffeur hold up a sign saying "........ Family". At that point, i could say to her hey " I guess thats our limo" Then i would have him hold up another sign(Of course i would have to call ahead and set this up) that says "Will you Marry me?" And at that point I would get down on one knee and propose to her............Thoughts?????? I thought it would be kind of funny if i had him have a third sign that said "Okay now since that is over, lets go start the rest of our lives and our vacation too.
    (Probably would have to be a pretty big sign, LOL)

So since everyone is being so helpful with ideas. And Since I have pretty much decided that I will be doing it on the first day we are there..... I thought i Would share our itenerary for the day.

Wednesday Feb 3rd

Arrive Orlando 10 AM
    (Possibly propose at airport)

Check into Carribbean beach

Go To Magic Kingdom
    (Propose at dusk with castle in background)

Chef Mickeys for dinner

Downtown Disney
    (Propose on Hot Air balloon ride)

Sooooo What do you all think???

By the way does anyone know how late the hot air balloon ride operates and how much it is too?

Again, thank you all so much for helping me out and for giving me all these great ideas.
    May 2009 CSR
    Febuary 2010 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I would nix proposing at the airport, but I bet that's the last place she'd expect it.

I'm not a romantic at heart (I know this is odd coming from a woman) but I think it's sweet you're putting so much thought into this.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

No suggestions myself, just wanted to wish you good luck and best wishes for a long and happy life together!!

(Although I do like the proposal at dusk at MK with the castle in the background).
    ºOº Dianne ºOº

You must make a Choice to take a Chance or your life will never Change

Post Thanks / Like

Reading this thread makes tears in my eyes!
    How wonderful it is for a guy to put so much thought into a proposal! I wish you a long life together. She is one lucky lady!
    Don't need to watch where I'm going, just need to know where I've been--Mater

Post Thanks / Like

This is turning into the coolest thread! I'm not sure who's got the best, original, most romantic ideas - Superzeus84 or BigRedDad? This is so cool. I'm so not romantic or even very thoughtful! My DH is the romantic one! I'm not sure I'd have even appreciated this much thought & effort! For me, originality would definitely win over romantic or sappy, but that's just me. Who is she? What would SHE like? You know her. What would be special for her? Tell us who she is, what gets to her, who is her favorite character since your fav ride is down? Favorite restaurant? Fav park? Is she quiet, or would spontaneous really grab her? Something really sweet or really unique? This is huge & you are putting so much into it, think about her, and what would be special to her (other than the proposal of course!)
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

You have an advantage. You get to plan for it . For me, I never even got to ask. My DW screwed up the hole thing by accusing me of cheating on her. Oh how wrong she was.

Because she would be embarrassed for a proposal in wide open public, your limo idea would work perfectly. Plus, it is your idea. Here is how I would do it:

1. Get a good limo, not the $100 one-way one. Spend a little more for the super luxury one.

2. Have the driver hold the sign up saying: "Mr. and Mrs. xxxxx". See if she even notices and if she does kind of laugh it off. You would need the driver aware of it as well just so he can laugh off the mistake as well.

3. Have them provide a nice bottle of champagne for the ride. Yes, it will cost another extra $100-$200, but who cares. The ring cost much more than that and you will only do it once.

4. You can pop the question in the limo when ever you see fit. For me, I would do it right as you were getting out at CBR. You can get out first and as she is getting out, you can get on a knee there and propose on the spot.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adoptionislove View Post
    We sat a table over to a couple at Cinderella's Royal Table. The guy got down on one knee and he had the ring on a glass slipper! The whole place erupted in cheers and tears. It was a really amazing thing to be a part of.

I think if you call ahead to the restaurant, they will help you arrange it!

Best of luck to you both and have a wonderful marraige!!!!
    Hey, that was me! Ok, maybe I'm not THAT guy you are talking about but that's exactly what I did when I proposed. And yes, you do call ahead, and someone will secretly meet you during your meal and take the ring and put it in a glass slipper for you and present it along with a photographer to capture it.

I also asked if they could bring a bowl of jello, which they didn't have at the resturant, and I have no idea how they did it. I had a great CM cause she was able to get it for me. Then when it came time for desert, they brought the jello and I got down on one knee and asked my bride-to-be..if she could be jello (If you've ever seen My Best Friend's Wedding...you'll understand this) Then I presented the slipper with the ring in it.

They had set us up with a great table by the window, and no more had she said yes, then the fireworks started going off and we had a front row seat to them. Perfect night!
    Sometimes, when you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things,you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Totodog View Post
    They had set us up with a great table by the window, and no more had she said yes, then the fireworks started going off and we had a front row seat to them. Perfect night!
    Ok, that's just too cool.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Superzeus84 View Post
    I Just came up with another idea but it isnt at one of the parks. Maybe.....I could order a Limo for pickup at Orlando Airport and have the chaffeur hold up a sign saying "........ Family".
    I love this idea because :
    - This is YOUR idea
    - This is right at the beginning, which is probably the time she expects the least
    - You can slightly change your plans to do your proposal privately inside the limo.

If you move your proposal inside the limo, here is what I'd do to enhance the experience :
    - Ask for a bottle of champagne and glasses
    - Ask for roses (and maybe a few petals) to decorate the limo
    - Send them / ask them to play her favorite song as soon as you arrive in the car
    - Prepare a backup plan in case the driver forgets to do as you asked.
    -------------
    Numerous day trips to DLRP
    2007 DW - POP, AK, POFQ
    2007 DLRP - Halloween at DLRP, Newport Bay Club Hotel
    2008 : Universal And POR WDW
    2009 : Disneyland Anaheim Off Site
    2010 : Florida, Wilderness Lodge and DCL : 04/22 - 05/06

Post Thanks / Like

You should propose to her at the Adventurers club. Oh wait, nevermind.
    i stopped counting.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a fun thread indeed! Firstly, congrats on your upcoming engagement!

I agree with everyone who says to pop the question early in your trip. Since she knows it's coming, I think it's better to make it happen quickly, and then the rest of your trip turns into an engagement celebration, you know?

As for the how, there are some great ideas here. My only input would be to definitely involve a photographer to capture the moment! If you do it inside a WDW park, you can get a Photopass photographer, and if not (or if you'd prefer a dedicated photographer for the occasion) I'm sure you can find a local shutterbug to meet up with you wherever you like. Check the Orlando Craigslist, maybe?

Best of luck on the engagement and your future!

Post Thanks / Like

I did it in 2003. I was planning on proposing on the beach of the Poly while the fireworks were happening over the Castle. I was so nervous and I wanted to get it over with as soon as I got down there though. We were staying at the Beach Club Villas, so I proposed on the beach overlooking the Boardwalk at sunset...not the plans I had originally wanted, but it still worked out for the best! Good Luck!
    *1993-CBR
    *1995-Dixie Landings
    *1999-2002 OKW (3 times)
    *2003-BCV(got engaged)
    *2005-Poly Concierge(honeymoon)
    *2007-AllStar Music(expecting 1st child)
    *2008- OKW (w/1st child)
    *2012-AKL villas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Something unexpected

This might sound weird. But the barbershop quartet guys at the MK..they might help. We were at the main street bakery and they asked if they could sing for DH and I and my DH asked them to sing a song about fudge (that is what we were buying) it was great and funny. Ask them if they would just walk up to you two and start singing a wedding proposal song...I am sure they will do it. I am sure she wouldnt expect that!
    POR April/May 2007
    POR April/May 2008
    POP April/May 2009
    POR April/May 2010!!!!!!
    POR Feb/March 2011!
    POP May 2011!!!!!!!!
    POP DEC 2012
    OFF Property May 2013
    POP NOV 2013
    CSR JAN-FEB 2014 (they upgraded us from POP)
    POP MAY 14
    I love my Pens!

Post Thanks / Like

I love this thread! I'm sure whatever you come up with will be perfect for her. I really like the limo proposal idea though, this way it's a private, special moment between the two of you. If you wait until you've arrived at the hotel, the driver can get the picture for you. We'll be there at the same time! Best of luck to you both, marriage is a wonderful adventure!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Everyone, sorry i havent wrote anything on this thread in a bit, I have been crazy busy. But I again wanted to thank everyone for all the ideas and help.

I would have loved to do it on Splash Mountain but that cant happen due to it being refurbed.

Im still stuck between doing it at the Magic kingdom(if i can find the right angle) and the hot air balloon at DTD.

Does anyone know the what the hours are for the Balloon ride?

Thanks!
    May 2009 CSR
    Febuary 2010 CBR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: