Quantcast American Idol: Season 9 - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Well I can tell you for certain that if Howard Stern replaces Simon next season I am OUT!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDuckRocks View Post
    I'm also in the group of people who will never, ever watch again if Howard Stearn becomes part of the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Idol producers have denied ever talking to or about Stern and it seems to be a rumor that Stern cooked up. Maybe he wants it? Which is weird. But the Sirius radio thing isn't going quite as he planned. But I really don't think he fits in and it would bring it to a place I don't think the average AI viewer wants to go. So I would say there's no chance of it. But what do I know.
    First of all, I am not a Stern "fan" per say, but my fiancee is and he has the satellite radio, and I end up listening to the show a lot. I really don't think he started the rumor himself, and I don't think he really wants it, but he is enjoying the speculation. His whole life is centered in NY and I don't see him going to LA for the show. That being said, I actually think he has equal if not more credibility as a judge than Ellen. He is a true music fan who is an amateur musician himself, has watched the show since the beginning, knows what it takes to make it in the industry, he is always having musicians in for unplugged sessions and amazing interviews and actually has educated opinions for the most part. Yes he is a "shock jock" who has elements to his show that most of us do not approve of, and there are times when my fiancee knows it's time to turn the channel, but I can listen to about 90% of his shows and actually be interested/intrigued/entertained. I think AI is going to take a huge ratings hit with Simon gone, so why not take a chance with a guy who has an audience who will definitely follow him to the program? That being said I would bet on it not happening.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Just read what happened to Chris Golightly and that is messed up. Poor guy, good news for Tim, bad news for Chris. But what does American Idol care as long as they have their top 24.

And on a side note, is it just me or does Chris Golightly remind anyone else of Sideshow Bob on the Simpsons, or is it just me? I don't know why, maybe it is the hair?
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

ºoº "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess21 View Post
    And on a side note, is it just me or does Chris Golightly remind anyone else of Sideshow Bob on the Simpsons, or is it just me? I don't know why, maybe it is the hair?
    I was thinking Justin Guarini, but Sideshow Bob works too, for both of them. I agree that it's sad for Chris. I think they should bring him back just to give him the shot. They could always eliminate two in one week just to make it interesting.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, they should bring Chris Golightly back. It would be no different than last year (was it last year?) when they had a top 13 and gave Anoop the extra spot.
    --- Brittany

Disneyland annual pass since 1994, but I've never been to Disney World

Post Thanks / Like

I've been impressed with Ellen so far. I didn't think she had it in her to be tough, but she can stand her ground. I never thought she'd be sappy sympathetic like Paula but she's a little more serious when necessary, than I expected.

I think Kara is trying too hard to empathize with the losers. Why did she need to go sit next to that one chick, making her move to the chair arm?

I won't be watching after Simon leaves.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    I think Kara is trying too hard to empathize with the losers. Why did she need to go sit next to that one chick, making her move to the chair arm?
    I believe she did this because the girl, (Angela), had a rough background story and tried three times to get in, and with her being 28, she couldn't try again next year. I think Kara came to her because she knew the contestant would be upset, even though it was a little odd.

The kid that got kicked off, whose name escapes me at the moment, was because he had a standing record deal, which is against the rules. I believe this happened before to another contestant....?

Also, I heard a while ago that "Big Mike" couldn't continue due to his father leaking about the top 24 in the newspaper...But then I saw him on the top 24 list, so maybe they let him in since he wasn't the one who leaked it?
    VMK: DaffyD
    Trips to WDW
    June 2001on my B-Day!Off Prop.
    August 2005 Off Prop.
    August 2006 ASMov.
    August 2008- Pop Century
    August 2009-ASMu
    April 2010-ASMu w/marching band
    Aug. 2011 ASMu
    Aug. 2012 Off Prop.
    Aug 2013 Off prop.
    Next:Aug 2014??

Post Thanks / Like

Angela Martin will be on the ELLEN show today. She announced it on yesterday's show. She said she will be bringing some contestants on who she thinks deserves a second chance and since she has the venue to help their singing careers, she is going to do it.

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IamBelle View Post
    The kid that got kicked off, whose name escapes me at the moment, was because he had a standing record deal, which is against the rules. I believe this happened before to another contestant....?
    Your looking for the name Chris, and actually he did have a contract but it ended the month Before he went on Idol, and the next day after idol kicked him out he was able to prove he was no longer under contract but the AI producers said it was too late and they had already given his spot away to Tim Urban.

That's not right, they need to give him the spot he earned and if they don't want to kick out Tim, then they need to go with 13 guys to make it right. It's not like it would create a big fiasco by having 13 guys, they could do double elimination one week to catch back up.

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    04/'06 1st trip back

Dallas, TX (1424.06 miles from the Disneyland Resort)
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't watch this show but I think what they have done to Angela Martin is SHAMEFUL.

They are totally using her for the heart tug factor. She should have been let through this time.

Good for Ellen having her on.

I hope she becomes a bigger star than any so-called American Idol.

Post Thanks / Like

Your looking for the name Chris, and actually he did have a contract but it ended the month Before he went on Idol, and the next day after idol kicked him out he was able to prove he was no longer under contract but the AI producers said it was too late and they had already given his spot away to Tim Urban.
    And it wasn't a recording contract. It was a management contract he signed as part of a boy band. The manager contacted Idol and said he was still under contract with him. Chris said no, he had paperwork to prove that the contract had ended-- but he couldn't find the paperwork, so Idol didn't want to fight legal battle over it and dropped him. Then, the former manager came forward with the paperwork and said yes, that Chris was free of the contract. But it was too late. Idol had already replaced Chris with Tim.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Just watched the ELLEN show and Angela was interviewed and then sang a song (she sounded good). Afterwards, Ellen told her that Kara is writing a song for her to record and Ellen is going to help her get a record label.

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDisney View Post
    I don't watch this show but I think what they have done to Angela Martin is SHAMEFUL. They are totally using her for the heart tug factor. She should have been let through this time.
    You must be new to watching American Idol.... actually, you must be new to watching American reality/competition television.

bicker
    Don't take it personally, it's only business!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bicker View Post
    You must be new to watching American Idol.... actually, you must be new to watching American reality/competition television.

Not really, I just think that to manipulate someone who has had it so hard is shamful.

To set someone up to dash their dreams, 3 times, is a manipulation that I am not comfortable with.

Post Thanks / Like

Not really, I just think that to manipulate someone who has had it so hard is shamful.
    That was the point I made, that you must be new to watching American Idol.... and/or to watching American reality/competition television.... because this is normal, routine, typical, unremarkable, etc.

To set someone up to dash their dreams, 3 times, is a manipulation that I am not comfortable with.
    Then you shouldn't be watching American reality/competition television.
    bicker
    Don't take it personally, it's only business!

Post Thanks / Like

I am a HUGE fan of reality T.V., oh nevermind...

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes, AI hits new lows and bringing Angela back might seem like it to some. But she wanted another chance. She came back knowing the risks. She should be proud to make it as far as she did, but I definitely understand that it seems she was a pawn of good TV. Except that Ellen made up for it, with Kara's help, and now maybe she will end up better off than some who make the finals. There's no telling that she would have progressed much further even if she had made the top 24. Now she has that chance, without the risk.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

I see your point, if they weren't going to keep her, they could have let her go sooner, or at least not have her sit there and drag out telling her their decision.

Sure, you have to "build up anticipation" because it makes for good tv, but you don't have to do it with a contestant who has been through this so many other times before.

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    04/'06 1st trip back

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I see your point, if they weren't going to keep her, they could have let her go sooner, or at least not have her sit there and drag out telling her their decision.

Sure, you have to "build up anticipation" because it makes for good tv, but you don't have to do it with a contestant who has been through this so many other times before.
    That's how I feel, as well.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree (with some of you). The folks that try out for American Idol and who go on to Hollywood know that their story might be told (i.e. exploited) for entertainment purposes. But to do that to someone three times is kind of sick and does not constitute "good" reality TV, IMO.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone, I haven't been paying much attention to Idol. I watched 2 audition shows and only a tiny bit of Hollywood week, so I really don't know any back stories or who the "favorites" are supposed to be. I had to DVR tonight's show (Wedding stuff with Mom and the Lost) and will need to DVR tomorrow's as well since I'll be out at a show, so I won't get a chance to watch it all back until Thursday (Hopefully, before the eliminations!). Time willing, I will watch with laptop at hand, to give my personal opinions on all the singers! I know you will all be eagerly awaiting, haha... I'm ready for the Idol addiction to begin again. If life does not permit my to type up my comments this week, I will definitely try to be back in the saddle by next week
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: