Quantcast Menu Restrictions with Dining Plan???

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Menu Restrictions with Dining Plan???

I have a quick question for all the brilliant Disney folds here. We will be using the Dining Plan for the first time this trip and I was just curious about wether or not they place a lot of restrictions on the menu choices? We will be eating at 50's PTC, Teppan Edo, Les Chefs De France, and Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch) specifically if anyone has been recently. I'm just trying to decide if I'm going to be dissapointed with what I can chose. It will by my first time a couple of these restaurants. Thank you all for the help
    Jason -

"Oh, he's doing his own theme music? Big, dumb and tone deaf. I am so glad I was unconscious for all of this."

Many, Many trips to DL
    Jan 26-30 '08 ASMu
    Apr 24-26 '08 Disneyland Resort Hotel
    Jan 24-31 '09 Off-Site at the World
    Jun 11-15 '09 CBR
    May 4-8 '10 POFQ

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Depending on which plan you have like the one that has one quick service and one snack and one table service per day then there is no menu restictions. The only thing that is not included is alcoholic beverages but you can order them and they will bill you separately for that. The table service meal includes an appitizer, a main meal and desert with a drink i.e.coffee & soda's. It's more food than you can eat in most places your going to eat at. I hope this answers your question.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are on the Basic DDP (1TS, 1QS, 1Snack) the restrictions are only that you don't get alcoholic beverages included and tip is not included. You don't get an appetizer either, I think you used to but not anymore. Now you get entree or buffet, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage. Its not like whole sets of food are off limits. When we went to Biergarten in Germany all the food was included in the plan, but DH and I had to pay OOP for our beers. Also, don't forget to tip, that's not included either.
    Oct 97 All Star Music
    Dec 2008 CBR - First Family Trip
    February 2012 POP/BC

"I could get used to a view like this. Yep, I'm used to it. Guys I want a castle."

Post Thanks / Like

The only other restriction not mentioned above is "specialty" drinks are not included (like the glowing ice cube drinks at PTC). I think there are some things (like, maybe sushi) at Teppan Edo not included, but unless it's a specialty item, if it's on the menu you can order it.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I believe the lobster is not included at Teppan Edo
    Next up: Sept 2013- Beach Club!
    May 10- Girl's Weekend- POP
    March 09- Poly
    May 06: Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept 98: Wilderness Lodge
    March 93: Carribean Beach Resort (Aruba)
    Nov 91: Ft. Wilderness; Several Thanksgivings @ Ft. Wilderness, 86-89
    Dec 84: Off-site (Econo Lodge, Kissimmee)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tgmousechick View Post
    I believe the lobster is not included at Teppan Edo
    Last time we ate at Teppan Edo with the DDP lobster was not incuded. Sushi was also not included. This was several years back so things may have changed.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

We were on DDP in December. Tip not included. Appetizer not included but dessert was. No restriction on menu. Only restriction I have ever faced was the lobster tail add on at Captain Jack's, but you were able to order the lobster tail entree.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to everyone for their responses. It makes me feel a lot better about the choice to use the DDP this time.
    Jason -

"Oh, he's doing his own theme music? Big, dumb and tone deaf. I am so glad I was unconscious for all of this."

Many, Many trips to DL
    Jan 26-30 '08 ASMu
    Apr 24-26 '08 Disneyland Resort Hotel
    Jan 24-31 '09 Off-Site at the World
    Jun 11-15 '09 CBR
    May 4-8 '10 POFQ

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: