Quantcast Rumor..Le Cellier - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the restaurant management WANTS Le Cellier to be better than "not bad". Maybe they want to serve higher quality cuts of steak, and higher end side dishes. I have read of cutbacks here in recent years (since the DDP) regarding menu items being removed and such. Perhaps by making it a 2TS signature restaurant, they can expand the items offered and/or increase the quality of the ingredients.

I have ALWAYS found it odd that you can get a filet mignon at Le Cellier and it is only 1TS. With the amount of money they are making on the DDP, they can't really afford to offer prime cuts of beef, so it ends up being, like, Outback Steakhouse quality.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    ... so it ends up being, like, Outback Steakhouse quality.
    That pretty much sums up Le Cellier... As others have said, without getting rid of tables AND increasing the quality/selection on the menu, Le Cellier is NOT a signature meal. If they go signature without those changes, they will definitely go back to a walk up, any time of the day, restaurant.

It will also be interesting if they lower the cost of the DDP next year. I am going to guess they will keep it the same price and we won't see an actual price increase until 2012 (if the DDP lasts that long). There will be a huge backlash at the removal of the dessert, more than the removal of an appetizer. People aren't THAT stupid...

Post Thanks / Like

I just booked it for Nov 20 and its still 1.
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    That pretty much sums up Le Cellier... As others have said, without getting rid of tables AND increasing the quality/selection on the menu, Le Cellier is NOT a signature meal. If they go signature without those changes, they will definitely go back to a walk up, any time of the day, restaurant.

It will also be interesting if they lower the cost of the DDP next year. I am going to guess they will keep it the same price and we won't see an actual price increase until 2012 (if the DDP lasts that long). There will be a huge backlash at the removal of the dessert, more than the removal of an appetizer. People aren't THAT stupid...
    sorry to get off topic but I must have missed something. Are they changing the dining plan again and taking away the dessert?
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerfreak View Post
    sorry to get off topic but I must have missed something. Are they changing the dining plan again and taking away the dessert?
    That's the rumor. not confirmed.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    That's the rumor. not confirmed.
    I think our friends overseas have stated their bounce back offers with dining plan for 2011 DID NOT include dessert. There won't be two different dining plans. So, if they aren't lying, then it's as good as confirmed to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Considering that restaurants make their profits on appetizers, desserts, and alcoholic beverages, this move doesn't surprise me at ALL. Disney is probably realizing that they are losing money on this plan. Hopefully, they'll do away with it altogether in the near future...
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I know that things can change on a dime, but when I called the dining line and they confirmed Le Cellier was one table service for 2010, we both commented that they cannot change things after ressies have been made - that would be "bait and switch". I would see it fit for any big changes to be made - Le Cellier or changes to dessert /appetizers to the plan - it would be for the new dining years of 2011 or 2012.

I purchased the dining plan for October and made my ressies at 180. Le Cellier was one table service and the plan when I purchased it included a dessert. If Disney decided to hold me accountable to new rules they made after my purchase and ressies (in the middle of 2010 effective for the 2010 plan), they will have a fight on their hands. And I am sure I won't be alone in expressing my disgust. And if they hold firm, they can pay me back my money as I will cancel my trip.

From what I have seen, most changes to dining plans (especially ones that take away from the guests) have happened from one year to the next- not in the middle. Anyone observe differently?
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone heard an update on this?
    POR 3/2006
    GF 12/2010
    CSR 3/2011
    DLH 6/2012, 6/2013
    POFQ 3/2007, 4/2008, 12/2008, 3/2010, 10/2011, 4/2013, 3/2015, 5/2017
    BC 3/2014
    AKL 9/2015, 5/2018
    BW 9/2017

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

No, but I will say that if they do away with the desserts on the plan and don't lower the price they'll have taken a loyal DDP customer and turned him into a guy who may consider eating offsite.

The nickel and diming is getting annoying.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, if on DDP there is no way Id go to LC. I like but think its a little overated. Didnt even go there last trip. Id go w CG or AP long before LC if on DDP
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Howell, MI (Detroit) - 1176 miles from the Wilderness Lodge
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    I think our friends overseas have stated their bounce back offers with dining plan for 2011 DID NOT include dessert. There won't be two different dining plans. So, if they aren't lying, then it's as good as confirmed to me.
    That's ridiculous. If they remove dessert than its barely worth the money for the plan anymore....unless you do all buffets.
    Up Next:
    1/2016 - VGC - Disneyland

1996 - Off Site
    1998 - Off Site
    1999 - FW Cabins
    2000 - ASM
    2000 - FW Cabins
    2001 - ASM
    2002 - Wilderness Lodge & Fairy Tale Wedding
    2004 - ASMu
    2006 - VWL
    2007 - CSR
    2008 - SSR
    2009 - VWL
    2011 - POR & BWV
    2013 - AKL - Kidani
    2015 - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    No, but I will say that if they do away with the desserts on the plan and don't lower the price they'll have taken a loyal DDP customer and turned him into a guy who may consider eating offsite.

The nickel and diming is getting annoying.
    So annoying! We are one family that hates that!!
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Though no one is reporting it other than the inital rumors, others are lending credibility to the rumor saying that with the addition of the new eateries in Mexico and Italy as casual dining experiences it only makes sense to upgrade Le Cellier to a signature dining experience and that the menu for Le Cellier would completely change to keep it line with that level restaurant. If that's true, I guess I had my last meal at Le Cellier last week. Wish I had known. However, I still don't see how they could possibly change it over to a signature place when they have current ADRs as is. I think it's more likely it'll switch in January or so.
    Or they could make very late calls with a comp for inconvenience as they did when Japan's restaurant closed and did a complete make over. We already had ressies and was very close to our vacation when they called with the news it would be closed. They could call and offer a comp and the choice to stay with the ressie as a 2TS or change to something else(good luck).
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Calling never gives you a straight answer. I've found that when something new is going on, we know better than the CMs on the phone. Or they just play coy. You'll never get a rumor confirmed by calling unless it has already become general news.

Knowing the way the DP is going, maybe they're planning on bumping all 1 TS to 2 TS and 2 TS to 3. More money paid, less given in return. I'm joking (let's hope)! But I'm already uneasy about continuing with the plan if they eliminate dessert next year and don't lower the price by more than a dollar.
    Don't worry, I'm sure they'll go up in price by $5 to make it worth it! LOL!
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '95~ASSp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofster View Post
    That's ridiculous. If they remove dessert than its barely worth the money for the plan anymore....unless you do all buffets.
    And actually, the buffets are where Disney comes out for the better to start with. Without dessert, cause you're talking about the CS and TS locations,the DDP is NOT worth it! And, Le Cellier is so not worth 2 TS.
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '95~ASSp

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps Disney is changing the DDP all together. I just recently returned and in 2 of the 3 non-buffet reservations we had, there were two menus handed to us. At Chefs de France and Le Celier one menu was the regular a la carte menu and the other was an all-inclusive menu with choice of 2-3 appetizers, 4-6 entrees, and 3-4 choices for dessert. Could they be altering there menu selections at the restaurants to something like this so they can better control costs and limit big ticket items? Just a thought...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kronk99 View Post
    Perhaps Disney is changing the DDP all together. I just recently returned and in 2 of the 3 non-buffet reservations we had, there were two menus handed to us. At Chefs de France and Le Celier one menu was the regular a la carte menu and the other was an all-inclusive menu with choice of 2-3 appetizers, 4-6 entrees, and 3-4 choices for dessert. Could they be altering there menu selections at the restaurants to something like this so they can better control costs and limit big ticket items? Just a thought...
    LeCellier has the LeCellier Experience, which is what you are referring to. It's altered to allow it's use on the DDP (priced appropriately for profit). I've heard that de France has a similar setup.

Nothng new...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    We do OOP and our checks at Cali Grill, Le Cellier, & Tutto Italia all pretty much were the same.
    I had a similar observation. We also pay OOP. The cuisine/atmosphere may not really compare to the signature dining locations, but our checks are very similar at California Grill, Flying Fish, Hollywood Brown Derby and Le Cellier. I've thought for quite some time that Le Cellier is a great value as a 1TS on the ddp for that reason. I wouldn't be that surprised to see it go to a 2TS location.
    Nov 1973 - OS
    Apr 1982 - OS
    Jan 2001 - ASM
    Dec 2001 - ASSp
    Jan 2002 - CBR
    Jan 2003 - CBR
    Dec 2003 - AKL
    Jan 2005 - CBR
    Jan 2006 - CBR/AKL
    Dec 2006 - CBR/OS/POFQ
    Oct 2007 - ASSp/CBR
    Jan 2009 - CBR/AKL
    Jan 2010 - POR/AKL
    Jan 2012 - CBR
    Jan 2013 - CBR
    Feb 2015 - GF
    Feb 2016 - GF

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey 101 View Post
    I had a similar observation. We also pay OOP. The cuisine/atmosphere may not really compare to the signature dining locations, but our checks are very similar at California Grill, Flying Fish, Hollywood Brown Derby and Le Cellier. I've thought for quite some time that Le Cellier is a great value as a 1TS on the ddp for that reason. I wouldn't be that surprised to see it go to a 2TS location.
    It is a good value as 1 TS but no where near worth 2TS. The ambiance just isn't there. Cali Grill gets by with it because of the magnificent view of the MK and fireworks, plus the quality of food is so much better. I'm going to guess that is the case with the others. Le Cellier, while a pretty good meal (much better in the past) is still just a dark, crowded steak house.
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '95~ASSp