Quantcast Fast Pass Pet Peeve

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

It shouldn't bother you. If they want to spend their time that way, more power to them.

Of course, it does mean that's fewer people in line if you're hitting up attractions elsewhere while you're waiting on your Fastpass.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Friends, you are not getting to the root of the problem. Here it is...PEOPLE DO NOT READ. You know its true! Also, (everyone has said this) most of these people who do not "get" FastPass are newbies. They are confused and overwhelmed. They did not READ before they left, and they are not READING once they arrive.

Watch "Amazing Race." The people who lose are almost invariable the ones who DO NOT READ THE CLUES PROPERLY.

I am a teacher. The students (in COLLEGE) who do not do well - it is usually because THEY DO NOT READ.

People who get lost on the roadway or have accidents - sometimes it is because THEY DO NOT READ.
    "I wanted something alive, something that could grow. Something I can keep plussing with ideas. You see? The park is that. Not only can I add things but even the trees will keep growing. The thing will get more beautiful every year."

Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeterPan View Post
    Friends, you are not getting to the root of the problem. Here it is...PEOPLE DO NOT READ. You know its true!
    That's exactly what i'm talking about.

And as far as FastPassSteve says, that people need clear instruction. That's quite true. And in a teaching situation, critical. But life outside a classroom is very different. People's pride gets in their way. Asking for help with "simple" things like directions, reservations, fastpasses, ect. makes some people feel inadequate. They would rather do things "My Way" instead of reading the directions themselves or, heaven forbid, asking for help.

These people, who have never swallowed their pride, or recognized the value of assistance, are who i refer to saying, you just can't help. I'm not trying to be harsh. But i just recognize that people act the same no matter where they are....even at Disney World.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by lovinmesomedisney View Post
    The problem is, some people go to Disney maybe once, or twice in their lifetimes.
    That is part of the problem. I totally agree.

Although here's what I don't get ... in today's day and age of instant access to information, why don't people spend a couple hours Googling Disney World and reading what comes up???

I'm not talking about geeking out and posting 1,000 questions on discussion boards and stuff, but come on ... Google "Fastpass" and read the first explanation that comes up. Google "Dining in Disney World" ... it's not that hard, people.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It is education, however...

Part of the "problem" may be that people are so used to getting nickle and dimed about every little thing (not just Disney BTW), you can't really blame them for thinking there's a charge.

Here's the deal... You're staying on property, and you want a snack. What do you do? You give them your room key, they charge your room, and you eat your snack. Want that cute stuffed tigger in the store? Again, swipe your card, they charge your room and you own a new stuffed animal. So now, you want me to swipe my card in a machine for what? To ride that? I'll just stand in line, it's only 40 minutes! I wouldn't fault them for assuming there's a charge for that too

Yes, education would be nice, but I really don't know how much else they can do. It's plastered on all the check-in materials, guide maps, and even around the fastpass machines. The only thing missing would be a big old FREE banner.

Maybe the plan is to start charging and they don't want to much evidence that it was once free.

Post Thanks / Like

I always like when they stand by the FP return entrance and block the entire area because their time is still 10 minutes away. Then a line forms and people who should be able to go in, have to fight their way through
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer1981 View Post
    I always like when they stand by the FP return entrance and block the entire area because their time is still 10 minutes away. Then a line forms and people who should be able to go in, have to fight their way through
    That really makes me !
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground - June, 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    Port Orleans/Saratoga Springs - March, 2017

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Bay Lake Tower - March, 2018

And about 40 more in between....

Post Thanks / Like

We plan out the moves like a tag team.
    Get in the gates collect the tics and go for the most popular rides. Feed the FP get the passes and get back to the wife and kids and enjoy the time.

Pet peeve, we go in July and get the Brazilian tour groups. They collect the tickets for 30 to 40 kids in a shot. Feed the FP machine and clog the system. It defeats the purpose. We finally went off on a CM at toy story. We really had enough. Our FP wait once in the FP line was 40 mins. Going this August hopefully they left by then.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: