Quote Originally Posted by DryCreek View Post
OK, it's official now - we are making the February vacation happen. I booked our airfare last night through our credit cards reward program, and was delighted to be able to get the exact itinerary I wanted. We are flying out of Waco, connecting in DFW and then landing at John Wayne! From one small (OK, tiny) airport to the smaller one (as opposed to LAX<- double plus ungood, like DFW). I was trying to book the room through the Best Western website, and decided to call the hotel direct. Good choice, it saved me $10 a night by talking to them. All I had to do was mention that I was going to use my wife's rewards card, and she offered a rate of $89.10 a night! So, we are now booked at the Best Western Park Place Inn - right across the street from the entrance.
I have downloaded the brochure for the Disneyland Express (Gray Lines) Shuttle, and see that they also service SNA. Anyone have any tips for us on this? Our flight leaves at 9:00 a.m. on a Tuesday, so I reckon we need to be on the shuttle no later than 7:30 a.m.
The best news is this - the wife didn't want to be rushed through our visit, so she said why not add an extra day? I agreed (naturally), so now I need some help. What are the hours of the parks in February? I am trying to determine if it would be worth the cost of buying a 5-day park hopper now. We should be dropping off our luggage at the hotel no later than noon on the 23rd. If the parks are open until 9 or 10, I can see the addition cost (really only about $12 with current special). If they are only going to be open til 7 or 8, I may just opt to explore DTD and the resort hotels. Anyone have any guess as to the park hours then?

Thanks!
Yay! Sounds like you are off to a great start. Smart choice on flying into SNA. Love that airport!

When in Feb are you going and for how many days? What day do you arrive. If it's nowhere near the President's day holiday, the M-Thurs park hours should be something like 9am-9pm (but could be 8pm) for Disneyland and 10am-6pm (but up to 8pm) for DCA. It really depends. Fri-Sun typically you will see 8am-midnight for Disneyland, and 10am-10pm for DCA.

Oh, and the Disneyland Express only services the three Disneyland resort hotels on property, not the non-Disney ones. My recommendation would be to use either a cab (they have a flat rate to Disneyland Area hotels from the airport) or PRIME TIME shuttle. The shuttle is slightly more expensive, but then you will not be the only stop. Cabs are plentiful at SNA. I'd go that route, to be honest.