Quantcast Any one feel this way?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any one feel this way?

I know my fellow Intercotees can relate to this: A lot of us are very emotional when it comes to certain Disney things, i.e. Wishes and tend to tear up. Does anyone else feel like they're the only one in the whole crowd around you that gets that way and others look at you like you're crazy, LOL??!! I don't really care, but I think its kinda funny that I think about that though I KNOW I'm disneyCRAZY!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

While I don't get teary so much, I do feel the emotion, mostly in the form of elation, which is unusual for me because I'm almost always wound like a top and worrying about something. Most often this happens at park opening, when I see an empty Main Street (or any park entrance). Sometimes, though, I look around and think to myself, "why am I getting so emotional? It's just a theme park!" and that's when I wonder if I really am crazy!
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

I am one who tears up at Wishes. I at time feel crazy too because I can just take a walk through Fort Wilderness and very emotional. Alot of memories at the campground when my kids were younger.
    * stayed at more then once
    Yacht Club, POR, POFQ,CSR,All Star Sports*,
    CBR,Pop Century*,CR,WL,FortWilderness* Animal Kingdom lodge,All Star Music*.

Post Thanks / Like

I look around and think to myself, "why am I getting so emotional? It's just a theme park!"
    Oh, but it's SO much more! Disney is a representation of something wonderful. Youth, wishes, dreams, imagination, innovation, strength of character...

I think when we go to the parks, these things tend to come out. We are visiting the physical representation of the 'spirit' of Walt Disney. I think that's pretty awesome, and a totally justifiable reason to get emotional.
    AKA Courtney

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome...Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.."

Most Recent Trips:
    September 2007 - Pop Century
    September 2011 - Pop Century
    January 2012 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

I agree totally, that is why Fort Wilderness brings that out in me.
    * stayed at more then once
    Yacht Club, POR, POFQ,CSR,All Star Sports*,
    CBR,Pop Century*,CR,WL,FortWilderness* Animal Kingdom lodge,All Star Music*.

Post Thanks / Like

Uh, can't say that it does.
    It's only entertainment.

Post Thanks / Like

I tear up at alot of Disney things, when I see a Disney movie in theaters I always tear up seeing the castle. Tons of things in Disney make me tear up, seeing the castle, the fountain in Epcot, its just so magical and when I get to see it with my Mom its even more, its just all so important and even little things can do me in...I'm kinda a emotional-fluff ball anyway but when its Disney I get very emotional
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buddie View Post
    Uh, can't say that it does.
    It's only entertainment.
    Not all of us have the luxury of living right next door the the magic. Maybe the whole thing is mundane to you but to me....it is a place that I went on my honeymoon. It's a place my son go to see Mickey for the first time. Or where he scared Mr. Smee because he was dressed like Cpt. Hook.. Those are memories that all come flooding back when I walk down Main Street.

Ultimately I am sorry for you beacuse "it's only entertainment'...for the rest of us it's so much more.
    DL 2000 (off site)
    DW 2001 (CSR)
    DW 2008 (POP)
    DW 2009 (CSR)
    Sept 2011 POFQ
    Hoping to get back sooner vs. later. :)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so bad that when I'm in my car driving around, I play some of the park music (Wishes, previous parades or firework shows) and I get teary eyed thinking of it then! My older kids used to look at me as if I'm crazy. But they know it's just how mom is - thinking of the times we've gone in the past and look forward to the next trip in our future!
    07/95 FW
    12/96 Off Prop
    11/97 CBR
    12/98 ASM
    12/01 ASMo
    11/03 Off Prop
    12/04 ASMo
    12/07 ASSp, Pop
    12/09 ASM
    09/10 FW, SSR
    11/11 SSR
    02/12 POR
    05/12 OKW
    01/13 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

I tear up everytime I see wishes. I ball my eyes out everytime I watch Illuminations. And like you said Mickey_M_luvr. It is so much more than just entertainment.

Its the place when I remember my father who passed away 8 years ago. When I was 8 years old he paid for us to go there for the first time, and what I thought at the time was the only time. But now that I have been a regular visitor with DBF, every year when we ride Figment as cheesy as some may find it, I remember my dad and think back to that moment we had. We bonded with that ride. It was the only ride he could ride with me as having a heart condition there were many rides he couldn't take the chance in riding. To this day I remember that moment like it was yesterday. It was the only ride I was able to ride with my dad, while many kids may take the opportunities for granted, at that moment I didn't. And forever every time I ride that ride I remember being so happy with him riding laughing and singing through that ride. And just sitting here reminiscing about me makes me tear up.

So to make a long answer short chic-a-pin. No you are not alone
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mickey_M_lvr View Post
    Ultimately I am sorry for you
    Thanks, but no need to feel sorry for me though.
    I don't tear up, but that doesn't mean that I don't still enjoy going to or being at WDW.
    I too have many great memories but I also get to experience WDW on an almost daily basis from a totally different perspective. And even from that perspective, I remain one of their biggest fans.
    Your sig shows that your next trip is or was Sept of 2011, did you make it?

Post Thanks / Like

I also tear up at Wishes. But it's really hearing Jiminy singing "When You Wish Upon a Star" that does it to me. In conjunction with the fireworks bursting in the sky over the castle, it brings back joyful childhood memories of watching wonderful world of Disney on TV and wishing that I could someday go to DisneyLand. Hearing the song reminds me that dreams still can come true.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Share This Thread On Social Media: