Quantcast Pros and Cons of Beach Club Resort - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, wow! We've experienced nothing like this @ the Beach Club. It was everything + some for us! We even received a free Club level upgrade upon check-in!! Short walk to HS, Boardwalk and Epcot. Beautiful pool, great dining nearby.....we couldn't have asked for a better experience and are happy to be going back in a few weeks! We've stayed in hotels all over the country and this is definitely the best thus far!! Can't wait to return!!!
    2002 All-Star
    2004 Port Orleans
    2008 Port Orleans & Disney Wonder

2011 Port Orleans & Beach Club
    2012 Beach Club
    2013 Port Orleans & Boardwalk
    2014 Grand Floridian
    2015 Port Orleans
    2015 Wilderness Lodge

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by figment502 View Post
    It seemed like everyone in the hotel was up at 6 AM. Mousekeeping was knocking on our door, along with our neighbors, at 6 in the morning. This happened every morning. I have been to Disney many times and have never had this experience before, but unfortunately this happened the ONLY time I have ever stayed in a deluxe resort.

It also seemed like too much of a "hotel" for me. It just seemed to echo noise through the inside from the usual workings of a hotel....just wasn't a great experience for us and we were glad to switch resorts.
    We've stayed at the beach club and didn't encounter either the early morning issue or a lot of in room noise...could be that their room location was where mousekeeping started the day or that is was one of the rooms (perhaps near an elevator or stairwell) where you had more foot traffic than normal...during our stay (which was during a pretty busy time of year) we had no noise issues from the hallway and actually found them to be what my son called "creepy quiet" (he had just watching the Shining. lol)
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Bad:
    Breakfast is Jam packed with a long wait, even during quiet times.
    Not themed very well in my opinion for the price, compared to the other hotels.

Good:
    Proximity to Epcot, Boardwalk, Ferry.
    Right next to the Yacht club...good quiet alternative for breakfast away from screaming kids.

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at BC a few years back and loved it. The only noice we encountered was at night with kids running and yelling down the hallway. I don't blame the resort for this. Parents should be more aware that at 11:30 at night people might be trying to sleep... We are headed to YC in Oct for the F&W at Epcot. Very excited. I know many look at BC/YC as one in the same but it was on our list to try. We booked it on a bounce back and we are staying in a standard view club level room. A little concerned about that view. If any out there can share their experiences with a standard club level view at YC that would be great.
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say i like the Beach Club but its not my favorite resort. I also have only stayed in the Villa section so I can't really speak for the actual rooms in the hotel part. That said there are a lot of pluses that everyone have mentioned.

My personal pros are
    Walking distance to Epcot and MGM
    Beaches N Cream
    spacious rooms
    great decor

cons
    sharing a bus with...swam, dolphin, yacht, and boardwalk to most of the other parks yuck

and I also have to be in the minority. The pool is cool... but I dont really love it. I can see why younger kids love the slide and stuff... but even when we stayed at the BCV we usually went to the quiet pool.
    Swan x 1, Dolphin x 1, Carribbean Beach x 1, BWV x 9, OKW x 5, WLV x 2, BCV x 2, Cruise x 3
    Next Up!: AULANI! July 2012

DVC Member since 97

It all started with a mouse...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mogie View Post
    Bad:
    Breakfast is Jam packed with a long wait, even during quiet times.
    We've always had reservations at opening and it's been busy but comfortable. We've never found it jam packed first thing in the morning.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

The only con I have is that the Club Level room is too small for the number of folks using it. But that doesn't apply to me anymore now that we are DVC and don't do that.
    Con now as a DVC member? Don't have much luck booking at the 7 month window.

Other than that, we really enjoy the Beach Club. Haven't noticed the noise. We don't go to the food court for bfast (usually do coffee and pastry in room) and then Hurricane Hannah's for lunch (they have a veggie wrap that is YUMMY!). Dinner is either at Boardwalk or Epcot.

Have a wonderful trip!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

hey queen bee, where in Nl are you located? we live in grand bank!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Be sure to post your review!

And I have to admit, I'm jealous of you. If there's any place on earth I enjoy as much as WDW, it's PEI. Just don't get to go there enough.
    We got married on PEI in 2001, on the wharf in Charlottetown, by the local prothnotary - it was AWESOME! I love PEI! (and their mussels are amazing!!)
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

Is the bus the only transportation to MK? I was thinking we could go through Epcot to the monorail or maybe there was a boat or ferry going that direction. We are going this Friday and staying in the BC. So excited! Not pleased with the review of the Club Level room being rather small though. We will have to see.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pixiesmimi View Post
    Is the bus the only transportation to MK? I was thinking we could go through Epcot to the monorail or maybe there was a boat or ferry going that direction. We are going this Friday and staying in the BC. So excited! Not pleased with the review of the Club Level room being rather small though. We will have to see.
    Yes, you can walk through Epcot and take the Monorail, but really, the bus will get you there much faster and with less walking.... No boat or Ferry going in that direction....
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, Ok. I thought since it was on the water that there might be a boat going that way or something. Trying to avoid the buses as much as possible. They will be so crowded next week.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, Ok. I thought since it was on the water that there might be a boat going that way or something. Trying to avoid the buses as much as possible. They will be so crowded next week.
    The body of water (crescent lake) around the Epcot resorts is closed off...it's a lake. It does not connect this area with the bodies of water around the Magic Kingdom.

The buses will not be that bad, even next week. Likely, you will find that they are not "sharing" buses to MK. There will be one bus to the MK that is shared by the Yacht and Beach Club, which are attached. Don't sweat it. I've stayed at the BC a couple times during VERY busy times (Easter week and week before Christmas) and the bus to MK has never been an issue.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

If you have an AP or Park Hopper option, you can walk through EPCOT once it has opened, otherwise you will have to take the bus.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: