Quote Originally Posted by plscott View Post
Obviously this is just personal opinion, but my family thinks the Christmas party was the highlight of our trip last year. There are 5 of us and last year my three boys were five (yes, triplets), so not a perfect comparison with a 3 year old, but we had such a great time we are going again this year. Our family loves parades and fireworks and the Christmas parade and fireworks are superb. Also, my boys thought the dance parties were great. We spent a long time dancing with Woody and Jesse and they also have Goofy and the Chipmunks. For many people it is important to meet the characters in their Christmas costumes (like Snow White and the 7 dwarfs), but our boys didn’t care much about that and so we skipped most of them and just met them during regular park hours. Did we ride many rides? Nope. We rode rides during the regular hours. Did we stay until midnight? Not even close. We left after the fireworks. But…I’ll never forget standing on main street with the snow falling down and having Cinderella blow each of my boys a kiss and then watching their eyes light up as they saw Santa. So for our family it is a must do.
I wondered if there were dance parties and special characters out. Thanks for this info! We've only done the Halloween party, just for the first time on our trip last year. We loved it! The girls had a blast. It wasn't just the parade, show, fireworks - it wasn't just one thing alone. It was the whole atmosphere.