Quantcast Resort Prices ?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Resort Prices ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Resort Prices ?

Hi everyone,

I don't post much but have been a big fan of Intercot.

Me and my wife haven't been to Disney World since Aug 2010. We now have a 2 yr old (be 3 in Dec) and wanted to maybe take him to DW for the Xmas decorations & his birthday. We went to Disneyland last yr for 3 nights & had a blast with him.

We've been to DW around 3-4 times around the holidays and seem to get a good rate. $120 for Moderate & $250-$300 for the Poly.

I saw there doing the 30% off Deluxe around that time but prices are incredibly high for Deluxes!! We really want to stay at the Poly or Contemp. traveling with a 3 yr old, but the prices are really high. Even the WL or Boardwalk has extremely high prices.

I know rates have gone up but I'm afraid I have to regroup and rethink a trip & save for next year.

Am I missing something or is this DW today?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We're leaving this Friday and we're definitely paying more for WL than last year - I hope this isn't the new norm. We even got a 30% room discount.
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Disneyworld Today!

Price increases are absolutely accelerating. I remember staying at AKL for about $120 a night around the time it opened. Of course it has gone up, but the past couple years has really skyrocketed IMHO. Owning DVC makes it a little more bearable, but it's not just accommodations, check out the food prices, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

It's not just you, the resort prices have become ridiculous. To stay in the type of accommodations we prefer on site, we would have to pay over $400 per night even with the room discount. That is why we have started staying offsite. I am not going to pay $450 per night plus tax for basically a standard days inn hotel room, just because the lobby is nice and I get the privilege of waiting 30 to 40 minutes for their "free transportation."

Post Thanks / Like

This is why I bought into DVC, because I wanted a nice resort with lots of room. Also having a full kitchen and washer/dryer, these things will make future trips affordable. We can do breakfast and lunch in the room and even dinner if we want to save on costs. I go off season to stretch points. Just my 2 cents
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Opus X Guest

I decided a long time ago....not to complain about prices....instead. DO something about it..
    I actively, seek and try to get pin codes. We almost always do. Or use a public code available on many sites.
    Also, i work alot of overtime.....I love WDW resorts. I choose not to complain about the prices..but I work a bit more and our family has great Disney vacations.
    Folks can either be upset about the prices...(which accomplishes nothing)
    Or do something positive about it.

Opus X Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Bus Driver View Post
    This is why I bought into DVC, because I wanted a nice resort with lots of room. Also having a full kitchen and washer/dryer, these things will make future trips affordable. We can do breakfast and lunch in the room and even dinner if we want to save on costs. I go off season to stretch points. Just my 2 cents
    We have seriously looked in DVC. Just havnt pulled the trigger yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Not that they are ever inexpensive but the monorail resorts are extremely popular during the holidays and priced accordingly so even with a discount they are still high.

Wilderness Lodge is extremely popular and often gets a lowered discount rate for certain dates.

I stayed at the Grand Floridian in Sept which is one of the least expensive seasons and paid $331 a night with a pass holder discount. I am staying at Coronado Springs this month and I'm paying $216 for a moderate because it is a higher rate season.

If your dates are flexible you might try playing around with different dates and seeing if you can find a better rate. You might also want to contact The Timeshare Store and see if they have any DVC points for rental.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

As Cindy said, try playing around with your dates. I put in some early December dates using the discount and found $350 at CR and $303 at WL. Not check but close to the range you mentioned. As far as moderate Coronado Springs is $162 and Carib Beach is $158. Don't know if you'd consider the Swan or Dolphin but they're running around $200.

You could also contact our sponsor Magical Journeys and see what they can come up with for you.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

You could not stay in a deluxe.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    As Cindy said, try playing around with your dates. I put in some early December dates using the discount and found $350 at CR and $303 at WL. Not check but close to the range you mentioned. As far as moderate Coronado Springs is $162 and Carib Beach is $158. Don't know if you'd consider the Swan or Dolphin but they're running around $200.

You could also contact our sponsor Magical Journeys and see what they can come up with for you.
    I'll do that. I can justify $300-$350. I really love the Monorail resorts but $450-$500 is really pushing it.

May I ask what dates you were punching in?

I haven't planned a DW trip in a while and when I saw those prices I was really turned off. I know Disney is a great place to vacation but when you read about cut backs and then resort rates going up?

Post Thanks / Like

To combat the forever-rising prices, I have cut back on the number of days I spend at WDW, and I've chosen off-season in order to take advantage of the room discounts.

After years of staying at the Values, I did stay at the Grand Floridian and the Contemporary (two on my bucket list), but I don't know that I will go back to either one. The difference between the Value and Deluxe wasn't enough to make it worth the money.

Check out the EXCELLENT services of Magical Journeys. They can alert you to any special deals coming up. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zoopop View Post
    I'll do that. I can justify $300-$350. I really love the Monorail resorts but $450-$500 is really pushing it.

May I ask what dates you were punching in?
    I was looking in the first 2 weeks of December, switched around dates and don't remember which was which. Be sure to click on specials too otherwise they'll give you rack rates.

You could also give our sponsor Magical Journeys a try. They're the best!
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: